CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So...we're paying 18m and Villa are obliged to buy back for 20m if we go down? I can't see that being right and if i were villa, I wouldn't agree to that. I don't see the benefit from their side? If we were paying 20m and thay had a buyback for 18m I could get my head around it but it makes no sense for it to be the other way around?

What if he has a terrible season or, suffers a serious injury? Villa still have to buy him back for 20m?

View attachment 169004
yes

So...we're paying 18m and Villa are obliged to buy back for 20m if we go down? I can't see that being right and if i were villa, I wouldn't agree to that. I don't see the benefit from their side? If we were paying 20m and thay had a buyback for 18m I could get my head around it but it makes no sense for it to be the other way around?

What if he has a terrible season or, suffers a serious injury? Villa still have to buy him back for 20m?

View attachment 169004
Apparently it’s to do with complying with FFP

They're REQUIRED to re-sign him if we're relegated?

Surely not. Why would they agree to that? When we're likely to go down, with or without Archer?

If true it would remove so much of the upside for us. He's exactly the sort of player we'd be counting on to get us back up

I can see an optional 20m buy back if we go down, that's it. 25m minimum if we stay up
Sounds like they're only required to sign him if we go down this season, anything beyond this season will probably change the rules of how that buy back works.

Villa fan in peace...

I think Archer is a great player and deserves a PL starting role. It would be interesting to know the details of the deal. It seems clear that if u guys are relegated it is just basically a loan deal that suits each club. But if u stay in the PL, I wonder what the buy back clause is
What if the Blades and Villa get relegated 🤯

I have faith in our owners getting the best deal they could, Hecky obviously really wanted Archer, it looks like they have supported him albeit at a higher price than they were hoping for, praise where praise is due, buy back? I'll worry about that in the future if it happens, meantime?
Enjoying the positivety before the game on Sunday, by the way have you seen that Stones is out?

I've spoken to my sources at the club regarding the breakdown of the deal

He will be the highest earner at the club on £45,000 per week

Its £14,500,000 upfront
£3,000,000 if we stay up
£2,500,000 if he scores 10 goals in a premier league season
£350,000 for every corner kick he wins

And villa have a buy back option which is a packet of sherbert dib dab and a curly wurly

Back
Top Bottom