CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If it is £18M with a £20M buyback on relegation then it is basically the same as a loan. Clever work around the loan rules but I can see a tightening of the rules coming in on the back of this if it is true as it pretty much would allow unlimited 'loans'

But it's costing the parent club money so how many clubs would be in a hurry to do that?

I get the comparison to Brewster but I think Archer is a far superior player to Brewster but I could see Brewster playing off Archer also. Really happy if we can get Archer, he looks a real handful, capable of finishing off half chances and creating himself a yard if space for a shot, not just reliant on decent cross in from the wing backs.
I have a knot in my gut over Brewdog. I desperately want him to come good for him and us. Next couple of weeks will indicate if he will ever return to full time footy, feeling a bit JOC to me :(

They're REQUIRED to re-sign him if we're relegated?

Surely not. Why would they agree to that? When we're likely to go down, with or without Archer?

If true it would remove so much of the upside for us. He's exactly the sort of player we'd be counting on to get us back up

I can see an optional 20m buy back if we go down, that's it. 25m minimum if we stay up
Would be interesting if say Archer was unhappy here and wanted to return to Villa - misses an open goal in last match of season resulting in relegation.....
The law of unintended consequences may have a field day.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the EPL's legal bods crawling all over this.

I was all in for Archer as I believed it meant guaranteed goals next season in the Championship.. now it looks like we have him, lose him again in May when we go down, and be back struggling for goal scorers in the Championship. (along side also probably losing Hamer if he has a decent season)

The future looks bleak.
But we get that money back to spend on someone else. Without that clause, if he has a crap season in the Prem we're left with an expensive player whose confidence is shot and is by no means guaranteed to be scoring goals in the Championship. It's a win/win for me.

Maybe we just shouldn't bother trying to sign anybody in case they don't work out. I'm sure you'd be happy...

#Doomaddict

Lets be Frank, if he was good enough to score a lot of goals in the Prem Villa wouldnt get shut. I hope if we sign him he bangs 15 goals in and keeps us up. Like I hoped that Brewster would.

How quickly positive news can be rubbished so quickly, what the fuck is up with some people, it's been a pretty difficult window that's just been lifted, why do some 'fans' always see the negative points first, they must lead a very boring life .

If I have read this right, and it’s entirely plausible that I haven’t lol, the buyback will be a Villa first choice on player if we go down, possibly they get him for 20 and we lose out at possibly being able to sell for 25 etc
Aye You & me both
I thought ‘buyback’ clauses meant the selling club had 1st option @ an agreed (preferential) price as /when/ if the buying club are looking (need to) sell ?
Havent we got some sort of (similar) arrangement with Marseille?

I was all in for Archer as I believed it meant guaranteed goals next season in the Championship.. now it looks like we have him, lose him again in May when we go down, and be back struggling for goal scorers in the Championship. (along side also probably losing Hamer if he has a decent season)

The future looks bleak.
Although we will get £20m back to buy another striker

Aye You & me both
I thought ‘buyback’ clauses meant the selling club had 1st option @ an agreed (preferential) price as /when/ if the buying club are looking (need to) sell ?
Havent we got some sort of (similar) arrangement with Marseille?
Not sure on the illy one but it’s possible

Keep your eyes peeled 🚀
Archer packs his bags tonight, pre Sheffield Train
Zero hour, nine p.m

And I'm gonna be as drunk as a skunk by then.

I'm going to set some rockets off tonight
I hope they miss my wife.

It's lonely on the backgarden
Until 10 rockets go into the night

And I think it's gonna be a long, long, time
'Til Riffleman posts again on here to find
I'm not the man they think I am on S2
Ah, no no no
I'm a rocket man
Rocket man
Shooting' out ITKs
With T-Blade here alone

😉🚀

Imagine if we put the mandatory buy back clause on Brewster's contract for when we had got relegated 🤣

I have an insider telling me me deal agreed, medical today and announced Friday, plays some part Sunday.

but I thought we had no ambition and the Prince was the worse owner ever.
When will some our fans ever learn?

These idiots will now probably be going overboard about it being a great window, they go from one extreme to another
but again “stay calm”, we‘re still not good enough even if Archer arrives.

We need to wait until 1st Sept, to see who else we bring in…..then we can all make valid positive or negative criticism.

Last edited:
Zero hour, nine p.m

Ah, no no no
I'm a rocket man
Rocket man
Shooting' out ITKs
With T-Blade here alone

😉🚀
No

Zero hour, nine p.m

Ah, no no no
I'm a rocket man
Rocket man
Shooting' out ITKs
With T-Blade here alone

😉🚀
What you getting at dude? 🤣

#Doomaddict

Lets be Frank, if he was good enough to score a lot of goals in the Prem Villa wouldnt get shut. I hope if we sign him he bangs 15 goals in and keeps us up. Like I hoped that Brewster would.

Yes because no football team has ever sold a player who has turned out to be better than they thought...

Has anyone ever heard of a sale with an obligation (rather than option) for the selling club to buy back? Genuine question as I'm interested in whether there is any precedent for a deal like this.

FIFA regulations are limiting loans out to 7 this season, 6 next season. Clubs will have to find ways round this as developing players and then selling is the only way for some to stay afloat and for thebigger clubs to keep spending and meet FFP.

Zero hour, nine p.m

Ah, no no no
I'm a rocket man
Rocket man
Shooting' out ITKs
With T-Blade here alone

😉🚀
Let's hope there's someone at the train station to pick him up...

Back
Top Bottom