CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He’s only had 5mins pitch time. Can hear his ACLs and hamstrings snapping from here
He’s been training full time with Villa, playing practice games etc.. are you telling me training with us will get him fit but not villa? Nonsense he’s a professional athlete and is ready to go, may not last the 90 minutes but is ready. If he doesn’t start Sunday he will start next week, so a weeks training with us will make him ready to start next week but not this week? yeah ok.

Interesting to see what length of contract he’ll be on, would have to be 3-4 years to ensure the deal is a transfer and not a convoluted loan.

For This now to be a good deal for us he needs to score 25 goals and keep us up. I’d now say no.

Only ten players have done that since the Warnock PL year. If Archer has as good a season that's only ever been done since then by Haaland, Kane, Salah, Lukaku, Aguero, Suarez, van Persie, Rooney, Drogba, Ronaldo, then it's going to be the greatest fucking transfer of all time. Maybe temper your expectations a bit?

He’s been training full time with Villa, playing practice games etc.. are you telling me training with us will get him fit but not villa? Nonsense he’s a professional athlete and is ready to go, may not last the 90 minutes but is ready. If he doesn’t start Sunday he will start next week, so a weeks training with us will make him ready to start next week but not this week? yeah ok.
Think there was a small dash of sarcasm in Blade56 post to be fair 😉

He’s only had 5mins pitch time. Can hear his ACLs and hamstrings snapping from here
and already picked up a yellow card!
Nah it's alright I'm not moaning, pleased with this one.

Saw that earlier. It's now the only relevant thing about the deal
To Desmond has a barrow in the market place….

🎶 Desmond is a striker who has lots of pace
League one Wezzy has magic hands
Hamer is is a Dutchman with a pretty face……..

Needs work, I’ll get my coat

Nixon Heisenberg saying first part of medical today but that deal won't be completed by today

Archer needs to avoid going to Shirecliffe for a while.
Can just see the headlines....Sniper mistakes Archer as target ...out for the season 🤫

I like Cameron Archer, but I feel like £18 million is a big risk for someone with 40 championship games to their name.

For This now to be a good deal for us he needs to score 25 goals and keep us up. I’d now say no.
I’ll say one thing, fees are all relative and goal scorers cost money.

Joao Pedro just cost Brighton in the region of 30m. Is there much difference between the two of them?

I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking. But if it is 12m less, then is he 12 m less of a player than him or maybe 4m or maybe even not worse at all.

There’s always a way to place this to make you feel better!

So...we're paying 18m and Villa are obliged to buy back for 20m if we go down? I can't see that being right and if i were villa, I wouldn't agree to that. I don't see the benefit from their side? If we were paying 20m and thay had a buyback for 18m I could get my head around it but it makes no sense for it to be the other way around?

What if he has a terrible season or, suffers a serious injury? Villa still have to buy him back for 20m?

knives-out-it-makes-no-damn-sense.gif

I like Cameron Archer, but I feel like £18 million is a big risk for someone with 40 championship games to their name.

If Villa need to buy him back if we go down for no less than what we're buying him, there's no risk whatsoever. Either we turn a profit on the transfer, or we get another year of TV money.

Back
Top Bottom