Incoming? Callum styles

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’ll give you one. Georges Santos.

Not just because he still lives in Sheffield and is a former Blade, but because he has a lot of experience especially in Europe.

Current West Ham 1st team European scout. former Marseilles international scout, former Man City European scout, former Swiss & French head scout for RCD Mallorca. Vast amount of experience at a top level scouting wise.

Millwall had him on loan last season and didn't sign permanently? Always a name mentioned on rumours but never notice him with goals and assists.

Not just because he still lives in Sheffield and is a former Blade, but because he has a lot of experience especially in Europe.

Current West Ham 1st team European scout. former Marseilles international scout, former Man City European scout, former Swiss & French head scout for RCD Mallorca. Vast amount of experience at a top level scouting wise.
Is he cheap?

How would I know. But at a guess he’s not currently a head scout and just the European one so I’d say he’s on less than PM.
Then we don't know a cheap recruitment team that will bring in the right signings. I get fed up of some in here who keep saying we need a different recruitment team if they can't think of a good one that we can afford!

Then we don't know a cheap recruitment team that will bring in the right signings. I get fed up of some in here who keep saying we need a different recruitment team if they can't think of a good one that we can afford!
Is there something wrong with you? Can’t think of a different recruitment team that we can afford? I’ve just given you Georges Santos as a suggestion and who has bags of experience and will currently be on a lower wage than PM so would be affordable. Would be perfect to get in as head scout especially with all his European experience and contacts.

Is there something wrong with you? Can’t think of a different recruitment team that we can afford? I’ve just given you Georges Santos as a suggestion and who has bags of experience and will currently be on a lower wage than PM so would be affordable. Would be perfect to get in as head scout especially with all his European experience and contacts.
West Ham are paying him probably a lot more than we can afford

West Ham are paying him probably a lot more than we can afford
No they won’t be, he’s the European scout not Head scout. Paul Mitchell as the head scout of a premier league club with the bonus and jump in wages for the promotion to the premier league will be on a lot more than any European scout for any premier league club I’d suspect.

Honestly, I don't know. But we can't keep squandering these opportunities when we get promoted and bringing the wrong players in.
Chesterfield fans will tell you that Chesterfield went downhill very quickly after getting rid of Paul Mitchell. Be careful in what you are wishing for.

You had this same argument about the owners

Newsflash: it's not the fans job 🤣 🤣 🤣

Who do you think should be our new recruitment team then?
Serious question
Our foreign market recruitment needs improving. I’m pretty comfortable with our domestic knowledge.

Larouci, Slimane, Troare are terrible signings. £6/7m spent on players that are miles off it & the jury is still out on Souza.

We attempted to go down this route after the success of Ahmedhodzic but he was coached by Jack Lester at Forest so we already had a decent understanding of his ability.

From what I’ve heard a lot of our foreign scouting is purely database stats & video clips. I’d be interested to know if that’s how it works for the likes of Brighton, Brentford, Wolves or if they’ve invested in an infrastructure of international scouts.

Our foreign market recruitment needs improving. I’m pretty comfortable with our domestic knowledge.

Larouci, Slimane, Troare are terrible signings. £6/7m spent on players that are miles off it & the jury is still out on Souza.

We attempted to go down this route after the success of Ahmedhodzic but he was coached by Jack Lester at Forest so we already had a decent understanding of his ability.

From what I’ve heard a lot of our foreign scouting is purely database stats & video clips. I’d be interested to know if that’s how it works for the likes of Brighton, Brentford, Wolves or if they’ve invested in an infrastructure of international scouts.
Who does the foreign scouting since Van Winckel left?

I dont know the answer.

That is exactly how Brentford identify their overseas targets, but they have a huge team doing it, in a West London office block. Don't know about the others.

That is exactly how Brentford identify their overseas targets, but they have a huge team doing it, in a West London office block. Don't know about the others.
Whack a few filters into the player search page on the latest DB update on CM01/02 and off we go. If the player is good then 'scout player' to see if he needs a work permit. Easy peasy this.

Luton have got a decent scouting system…we could think about bringing in one of their data analysts. 😜

Chesterfield fans will tell you that Chesterfield went downhill very quickly after getting rid of Paul Mitchell. Be careful in what you are wishing for.
He did a very good job for Chesterfield when they were in league one. He did a very good job for us in league one and the championship too. I think he needs help in the PL

I was surprised when The Sheffield United Way interviewed Simon Tracey and he's not got this role.
Screenshot_20231114_202742_Chrome.jpg

Sunlun fans don't rate him.

"Would rather have signed Harry Styles" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/styles.1629511/
However this is exactly who would need to be looking at, players currently undervalued but with much higher ceiling. Players who who need a change of scenery, but have all the talent, technique and ability we’re looking for. Those highly rated players come with a price tag to match, our recruitment team need to be identifying those who are under valued as he did when he first came to us. Uncut gems.

Such fond memories of Battle of Bramall Lane. Build the statue.

Back
Top Bottom