Incoming? Callum styles

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It might depend on whether Hecky is allowed to use the 2.5 mill for Lankshear from Spurs. Or is that earmarked for something else, all up to the board, managers always want more.

If he's available on loan then that would be a really good deal for us to pursue. Covers the Fleck, Coulibaly and Osborn injuries.

Looks good on the ball in the vids, jon swift vibes but with more pace. Would be an interesting signing for a mill or 2

We should surely be using the last loan slot

Rather him than no one

But I'd rather Sam Surridge than him. Or an athletic CM

Shame we didn't go in for Styles.
A very good, versatile left-sided player.
I think he'll be a top signing for Millwall, who somehow managed to pick him up on a season-long loan.
He'd have been a huge help over these next 6 weeks.

Decent player to be fair, wouldn't mind us looking at Woodrow either if we can offload some of our shite!
Woodrow is training with Rotherham. Now with khedra money freed up would he still be worth a look? Only 28

No idea. Heard it on RS a couple times this week. Rotherham fans saying he's an option. I'd like to think we could offer £100 a week more than they could.
True. Interesting that. Very decent Championship forward and can play both behind the striker or as the striker. Might still have a house locally.

Gerrit done YOONITED.

Cheap, effective, perfect for a championship rebuild assuming that's where we're headed. Resale value. Fits the profile in every way.

Gerrit done YOONITED.

Cheap, effective, perfect for a championship rebuild assuming that's where we're headed. Resale value. Fits the profile in every way.

I was all for it in the Championship but he's miles off the level we need.
Might have been good if we hadn't resigned Osborn.

Pretty sure he had a load of injury issues last season though so would fit in well here.

I was all for it in the Championship but he's miles off the level we need.
Might have been good if we hadn't resigned Osborn.

Pretty sure he had a load of injury issues last season though so would fit in well here.

I'm going to disagree with you here.

1) Osborn is only on a 1 year contract

2) despite the plan generally centering around hope to stay up but plan for relegation, Styles at 23 seems like a no brainer.

Might not be ready right for now, but at 2m release clause, a very sensible and affordable signing at a young age to succeed Ozzy and help us challenge for promotion next season.

#SuccessionPlanning
#LongTermPlanning>ShortTermPlanning

I'm going to disagree with you here.

1) Osborn is only on a 1 year contract

2) despite the plan generally centering around hope to stay up but plan for relegation, Styles at 23 seems like a no brainer.

Might not be ready right for now, but at 2m release clause, a very sensible and affordable signing at a young age to succeed Ozzy and help us challenge for promotion next season.

#SuccessionPlanning
#LongTermPlanning>ShortTermPlanning

Don't disagree with much of what you're saying but I don't think we have £2m to spend on a succession plan for Osborn.

Amazing to think that if you were in Leicester's scouting team a decade ago, Kante never signs as he'd be filtered out by some arbitrary height requirement you appear to have
You obviously don't watch much premier league football. Almost all midfielders at our level are units now. Even Kante 8 years ago was in a physical Leicester side surrounded by large players like Robert Huth and Wes Morgan. To compensate for a lack of athleticism and size you have to be amazing at a few other things. Cant see that with Styles.

You obviously don't watch much premier league football. Almost all midfielders at our level are units now. Even Kante 8 years ago was in a physical Leicester side surrounded by large players like Robert Huth and Wes Morgan. To compensate for a lack of athleticism and size you have to be amazing at a few other things. Cant see that with Styles.

You may well be right in relation to the specific player in question, but to write off someone because "height" in the context of a game where only dinosaurs play hoofball seems a tad short sighted

Back
Top Bottom