Incoming? Callum O'Hare

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What a player, brilliant goal against Leicester, going to make some money for Coventry when he leaves, sadly out of our proce range... again.

I've not watched him loads, but every time I have he's been class.

I would expect Coventry will see him as being crucial in their push for a play off spot.

I don’t therefore see him being sold this window, and Coventry will gamble on him, while perhaps hoping he may sign a new deal.

Either way, if we all consider what the owner said- monies spent now need to be generated (or words to that effect)
If we could tempt them and £8-10m is the fee…what we selling to generate that? We have no assets we need rid of, McB (who may be an interest given his position) is OOC in the summer as well, and probably on a larger wage than they are paying.

So, simply put…I do t see this player being a serious contender

Admittingly I have not seen too much of O'Hare, but what I have seen I don't understand the hype - he's not the most athletic player and lacks pace. Am I wrong?
Aged like milk.

Maybe he's upped his game a bit now he's on the market as it were.

Be playing in the prem next season doubt it with Coventry though.

I would expect Coventry will see him as being crucial in their push for a play off spot.

I don’t therefore see him being sold this window, and Coventry will gamble on him, while perhaps hoping he may sign a new deal.

Either way, if we all consider what the owner said- monies spent now need to be generated (or words to that effect)
If we could tempt them and £8-10m is the fee…what we selling to generate that? We have no assets we need rid of, McB (who may be an interest given his position) is OOC in the summer as well, and probably on a larger wage than they are paying.

So, simply put…I do t see this player being a serious contender
Try and tempt them with Brewster or Jebbison perhaps?

I was at the match today (work) and was talking to a Coventry fan. What im about to write is irrelevant to this thread 😬, but.... i was asking about the players theyve signed for sod all money who look decent.. hamer, van ewijk, sacamoto. He was saying they have a scout over there and they know the clubs are struggling to pay decent wages. 'Have a trial at Coventry'... so it got me thinking.. what is Paul Mitchell actually doing for his money, for a premier league club we are so far behind with our scouting network (further afield)

I was at the match today (work) and was talking to a Coventry fan. What im about to write is irrelevant to this thread 😬, but.... i was asking about the players theyve signed for sod all money who look decent.. hamer, van ewijk, sacamoto. He was saying they have a scout over there and they know the clubs are struggling to pay decent wages. 'Have a trial at Coventry'... so it got me thinking.. what is Paul Mitchell actually doing for his money, for a premier league club we are so far behind with our scouting network (further afield)
It's actually pretty incredible how much money we've pissed away on crap recruitment. I would say a new recruitment team should be the number one priority...... More so than any CB, striker, etc.

It is a bit surprising. How much do good scouts earn? Can’t imagine it’s huge sums. Surely pays for itself, if you can get the right players in and a lot more cost effective than not having one/some.

I think what he does is look round premier league clubs & championship clubs 3rd choice players and reports back to utd regarding the cheapest options.

I don't think our scouting network is any worse than a lot of other teams.

Whilst Coventry have sold a couple of good players, they've also sold a lot of bad.

People always remember the Hamer's and Gyökeres' but forget about the Todd Kane and the Josh Reid type of players that they've also moved on.

Whilst Coventry have sold a couple of good players, they've also sold a lot of bad.

People always remember the Hamer's and Gyökeres' but forget about the Todd Kane and the Josh Reid type of players that they've also moved on.
Whereas at United, our fans often remind eachother about the terrible signings and forget about the good ones

Try and tempt them with Brewster or Jebbison perhaps?

Hello….Mark its Chris.
Wondered if we can do a deal on O’Hare, realise he’s out of contract in the summer and probably going to walk away so wondered if we could help you out with one of our strikers in a swap deal.
Rhian is a lovely lad and cost us £20m, Liverpool have a buy back clause they could activate, and Jebbo is a target for many top clubs in Europe…one of them take your fancy?? I’m sure Jebbo would be happy to drop to Coventry as opposed to any other club he could choose of his own will in Europe.

Hi Chris…do you think I’m stupid?

Agree mate.. Brighton.. another example of fantastic recruitment from a decent scouting network
We can certainly feel like some of Coventry's signings are ones we could have targeted as well and we are missing tricks there.

Unfortunately Brighton's network like Brentford's is so far ahead of ours it's untrue. They both spend serious amounts of money on their scouting.
Takes time to set that up and costs alot too. Something given our general nature of our finances it's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

We have done some good business over the years though of course.

We are also in terms of youth scouting very good at this.
We must be the best in our region at the very least.

In the lower divisions some of our signings have been outstanding - truly -

In the top division, where we have been 3 out of the last 5 years, our signings have been terrible for many reasons
Might it be that we had a decent budget to sign players capable of playing at the level in the lower divisions, where as now we try to sign PL players with a pack of Haribo?

Coventry spent little to no money on those players. Reid was a cheap punt not signed directly for the first team and Kane to cover Dabo who was injured at the time. (Long time lurker first time posting).

Back
Top Bottom