Match Thread Burnley v. Sheffield United - 29th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609156250102.png v. 1609156257794.png
EPL Week 16 - Tuesday 29th December 2020 - Turf Moor

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.524/

Officials:

Referee:
Chris Kavanagh
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Michael Oliver
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Matthew Wilkes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 17.52.12.png
📺 Live TV Coverage:

Last edited:

Brew dog is an excellent player but with no ammo his gun ain't going to fire blanks.

I thought Ben Mee had a good game don’t get me wrong. And I’ve always been a Barnes fan. Wasn’t playing last night but I rate McNeil also for them.
But the aforementioned players aren’t World beaters, it just makes me think every time I see a post that’s praises the opposition.
Burnley are pretty average... and that’s not me having a go at them it’s just the reality. Tbh most of the league is pretty average.
You can bet you’re bottom dollar that had they not scored from the corner, then those players you mentioned would’ve received a few pelters from their fans!
I don’t know... maybe Klopp will come in with a 50+ mil bid for Mee in the window.
Burnley did what Burnley do... and all credit to them, they got the 3pts.
But any team that has just 35% possession against us has clearly played in a manner that I for one am not at all envious of.
Oh, I agree with all of that. Given relegation after trying to play decent football or playing like Burnley, I’ll take the former every time. It must be soul destroying watching that every week. However, what we have become is no better and that’s the root of my loss of faith in Wilder. He doesn’t seem to know what he wants the team to play like so we are stuck in a wilderness (see what I did there....) of not attacking but not having the organisation to “do” a Burnley and at least stay in the division.

Worst bit for me was towards the start of the 2nd half...

Brewster and Mousset stood on the same postage stamp in the box trying to make the exact same run into the exact same position...

Brewster actually half-pushes Mousset out of the way to get to the chance, which was followed by a look from Mousset that clearly said he wasn't happy.

Communication. Please.

Fans react video (worth watching for some semi-amusing lines at the start, I was going for gallows humour to stop me from crying):

Sorry, but I can't be bothered with someone who thinks confidence isn't a factor, just because there are no fans present. It's really dumb to be honest.
Oh, and it's 'naive' by the way.
Oh excuse me for bothering you with my opinion. Obviously someone that can't spell naive & has a different view to you are dumb.
Never said lack of confidence wasn't a factor just that it is not as big a factor as the possibility of thousands of fans getting on your back if a mistake is made.

At the moment the only scrutiny a mistake gets (small or big) is from coleagues/management/tv.
Think most players would prefer that to the scrutiny of a full house.

By the way I might spell naive wrong but not sure that's worthy of an insult. Bit low & key board warrior for me. You don't know the first thing about me so I'd reserve judgement.

Back
Top Bottom