Match Thread Burnley v. Sheffield United - 29th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609156250102.png v. 1609156257794.png
EPL Week 16 - Tuesday 29th December 2020 - Turf Moor

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.524/

Officials:

Referee:
Chris Kavanagh
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Michael Oliver
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Matthew Wilkes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 17.52.12.png
📺 Live TV Coverage:

Last edited:

Ramsdale
Baldock,Bash,Egan,Robbo,Enda
Amps, Norwood,Osborn
Burke, McG

Moose on last half hour.
I could go with this I'd have Bogle for Ampadu though and maybe let Mousset burn himself out I'd hope for 60 mins before taking him off.

No but we are a nice club, doing things the right way. Half the team could be out and I bet we would just get in with it.

Surely if it’s still going ahead it’s no one significant who’s tested positive.
Don't think those are the rules. Some were saying (about the Man C games) that you have to be down to your last 14 playing staff to effect a postponement.

Now I'm not suggesting that anyone has done the following, but it would seem to be more beneficial to get more players out with it at the same time - rather than actually contain the outbreak through proper management - if that is the case.

Of course, if a club, or its staff, were to have been found to have been in beach of the relevant COVID protocol then they should surely forfeit any game called off. I can't see the PL having the balls to do this to Man C if rumours of what their players have been doing are to be believed.

If it is jags, wishing him a speedy recovery. Honestly think the premier league are determined to get to the 70% matches played before they decide to cancel the season to stop agro. This situation is only going to get worse and players aren’t guaranteed to come back healthy look at Newcastle. EFL are getting hammered currently as well.

Last edited:
If it is jags, wishing him a speedy recovery. Honestly think the premier league are determined to to get to the 70% matches played before they decide to cancel the season to stop agro. This situation is only going to get worse and players aren’t guaranteed to come back healthy look at Newcastle. EFL are getting hammered currently as well.
Nothing speedy about jags.

We definitely know Ramsdale hasn't caught it.

I could go with this I'd have Bogle for Ampadu though and maybe let Mousset burn himself out I'd hope for 60 mins before taking him off.
Yeah, I'm not sure about Bogle in the middle though...maybe a wide right in a 442.
Yes Moose starting, would be ok for an hour.

Wilder seems to have got the hang of taking people off when they are tired, crazy but earlier in the season he seemed to want to keep people on when they had stopped contributing. Must admit I see Bogle as wide right but I don't suppose he really is with Baldock going outside of him.

for 1st in a long time, i dont know what we are going to get today. as its seems wilder hit a brick wall through a mix of bad luck, our wastefulness & our dreadful defending. i dont blame him

but we need to be better on the ball. even in the championship you could tell early on if we going to have a bad day, because we kept giving the ball away in dangerous areas & Everton you think it was riddled with the virus. the way we get rid of the ball like a hot potato. then Everton had proven seemingly we are either good going forward terrible defensively. or solid defensively but zero creativity

although i listening to 5 live on sunday. we got a mention. as they were saying WBA would be bottom most years & that we will make history tonight if we dont win as apparently it will be the longest run without a win at the start of the season in history of the top 4 leagues

At least we should get a bit more of the ball today, could be a good opportunity for our strikers to see the fucking thing for a change

Jags, sharp and mcburnie with Covid then do we think?

odd moose is starting after wilder letter ally said he wasn’t fit enough to start 2 days ago.

Well that's actually a solid line-up considering all the covid & injury talk.

So Jagielka, Sharp & McBurnie got Covid? McBurnie could be injury aswell, but these are the 3 names I would guess.

I walked past the ‘kids Christmas tree’ (so called because all the gaudy baubles that my wife won’t have on the tree in the best room get stuck on it) earlier today and I looked at the Blades bauble we have. Not even a slight exaggeration that as I looked at it, it just fell off and smashed on the floor.

I feel that even our 2nd choice Christmas tree knows that we are fucked.

On that basis, 3 nil to Burnley.

Back
Top Bottom