Match Thread Burnley v. Sheffield United - 29th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609156250102.png v. 1609156257794.png
EPL Week 16 - Tuesday 29th December 2020 - Turf Moor

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.524/

Officials:

Referee:
Chris Kavanagh
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Michael Oliver
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Matthew Wilkes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 17.52.12.png
📺 Live TV Coverage:

Last edited:

Start Bogle...
Put Bash in midfield to show the rest of em how it’s done.
Stop rotating the ‘strikers’ like it’s some kind fix.
Drop Ramsdale and play out from the back and through the middle of the park or Burnley will eat us alive.

Until our midfield start contributing we need to play strikers that make their own chances. Unfortunately that means Brewster doesn't make the cut, he's a passenger at the moment.

McBurnie and Burke (if he's fit) with Dids behind again.

I'd also try Bogle in midfield.

The current team lost the final match of the calendar year away from home last season so they're a part of the stat.
Ok, in my mind the stat is ' we lost this time last year, but with mostly different players' ;)
It's not a dig at you, I just chuckle when oddball stats like these come out. Just way my brain works.

Until our midfield start contributing we need to play strikers that make their own chances. Unfortunately that means Brewster doesn't make the cut, he's a passenger at the moment.

McBurnie and Burke (if he's fit) with Dids behind again.

I'd also try Bogle in midfield.
Can’t really have Bogle in midfield if we’ve got Didzy in behind the strikers. Unless we’re going 4 at the back of course

McBurnie makes his own chances.
When did this happen?
Corners.
OK thats not making a chance as such but it doesn't take massive talent to get a ball into the box from a dead ball, and Oli seems to be our only threat from them.

75/76 after a bad start and eventual relegation, we beat Burnley at the Lane 2-1,so although we're at Turf Moor, history to sort of repeat and a nailed on 2-1 Blades win.

Play our best 11, change the system to suit
So definitely a back 4

Think I'd be happy(ish) to see, with the resources we have available:-

Ramsdale
Baldock Bash Egan Enda
Bogle Ampadu Fleck (needs must) Osborn
Didsy
Burke

Something tells me we'll need to match Burnley's 4-4-2. It's a pity McBurnie's not really fit/doing it at the minute, because he'd be handy defensively in this game. Egan on the left of the centre 2, as he's used to getting whoever we've had at LCB out of the shit this season.

Last edited:
Need mcburnie to defend burnleys set pieces, thats all they rely on, will be a dire game to watch for the neutrals but hopefully a brilliant one for us with a lucky winner from our only chance,
UTB FTP
McBurnie had an pain killing injection before the Everton game he then had a bad collision with their CB. We do need him in to defend.
Burke is also a doubt we are down to barebones.

This is an absolute must-win, and I think this will be the first three points of the season for us.

Need mcburnie to defend burnleys set pieces, thats all they rely on, will be a dire game to watch for the neutrals but hopefully a brilliant one for us with a lucky winner from our only chance,
UTB FTP
Definitely.
He's probably our best defensive player in the air too.

I walked past the ‘kids Christmas tree’ (so called because all the gaudy baubles that my wife won’t have on the tree in the best room get stuck on it) earlier today and I looked at the Blades bauble we have. Not even a slight exaggeration that as I looked at it, it just fell off and smashed on the floor.

I feel that even our 2nd choice Christmas tree knows that we are fucked.

On that basis, 3 nil to Burnley.

I said after the Fulham game, I feared we'd go down. I also said I couldn't see us getting any more points, until possibly the Burnley game, which at the time was months away. Yet here we are, fucked. How I hate to have been proved correct. BTW, I have now reappraised my predictions. We'll get fuck all tomorrow.

I also said I couldn't see us getting any more points, until possibly the Burnley game
Catastrophic failure in your predictions, we got the next point at Brighton!

This is it folks.......our tipping point. If we can’t get 3 points from this, the bookies will be paying out on us......In fucking December!!!!!
They really should be ashamed of themselves.

Back
Top Bottom