CONFIRMED Burke joins Millwall on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I hope this is true that he's close to being somebody else's burden, but I honestly feel we'll never negotiate a deal for someone to sign him.

He's likely sitting on a contract and I can't see a club being able to match or better his current terms, so it's a test of his dedication to a football career - be unsatisfied but earn boat loads or take a gamble, sacrifice your salary and aim for bigger things. Time will tell.

I'd genuinely love to ask Wilder and/or Mitchell what attracted them to signing OB when he wasnt even in WBA's first team
"Pace , power & athleticism" was Wilders quote.
He just forgot the bit with the football + the brainpower.

Is it just me or does instant wealth strip you of any fashion since? typical other examples are DCL and Cantwell, I bet the shops that sold them their gear are rolling around laughing. The Kings clothes come to mind….
View attachment 127519
Maybe your fashion sense is a little out of date ?
I rather like both of them other than her boots, but at my age I would look a little odd in the pub !

As a lad brought up in Leicestershire, surely he'd have encountered Rugby at some point in his life and that someone should have told him that wearing the 14 shirt in that game would have suited him far better than in this one.

He'd genuinely have the potential to be quite good, assuming he remembered to ground the ball before running up the steps into the terraces.

Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray has ‘poured cold water’ on the links between Blackburn and the Sheffield United man Burke, as per a report from the Lancashire Telegraph.

As a lad brought up in Leicestershire, surely he'd have encountered Rugby at some point in his life and that someone should have told him that wearing the 14 shirt in that game would have suited him far better than in this one.

He'd genuinely have the potential to be quite good, assuming he remembered to ground the ball before running up the steps into the terraces.

I've had the same thoughts. It wouldn't take him long to put a couple of stone on. He'd have made a great inside centre or winger.

I've had the same thoughts. It wouldn't take him long to put a couple of stone on. He'd have made a great inside centre or winger.
A game where you're encouraged to hoof the ball into the stands is tailor made for him!

Probably can't catch

The thought that Millwall have nay money is laughable.

They will sell Wallace to Forest for about 3m and they'll want to borrow Burke and pay a small percentage of his wages.

I'll be amazed if they are actually considering paying any cash for him.

Gone to Millwall according to Sky
Loan.

I'd be looking for a loan fee and wages in full if they are getting the Wallace cash.

Why not just offer him part exchange for Wallace?

They get a contracted player. Get something in exchange for a player who is running down his deal. We get a player who could be useful to us.

It seems we don't think like this.

I've always liked Millwall, I really hope this isn't some cruel joke.

28m ago11:15

Burke set for Millwall loan​

Sheffield United winger Oliver Burke has agreed to join Millwall on loan for the rest of the season.
Paperwork for the deal has yet to be completed.
Ooh! Someone else might jump in! Careful Millwall, get it done ASAP!

If he's going to do well anywhere playing RM/RW for Millwall probably gives him the best possible chance. If Wallace is going elsewhere, he would be a decent backfill option, although they're very different players.

He never looked likely to fit into Utd's formation or style of play, especially when he was running around like a headless chicken up front. A very strange signing and a sign of the desperation that was setting-in by that stage of CW's reign.

Edit - QPR is a bit more mystifying, although a much nicer area to live!

did the club ever confirm the details of the “swap” deal that we did for Callum Robinson?

What happened to Millwall?

There’s a bidding war for Burke?

That’s a sign of the apocalypse.

I feel we should send a letter of apology to Millwall fan groups
Our behaviour in foisting Burke on them is `reprehensible

Back
Top Bottom