CONFIRMED Burke joins Millwall on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hope he goes, one of the worst footballers i have ever seen at the club and i feel bad saying that but sadly true. Conor salmon/dean hammond level of absolute guff. Cant kick a ball.

Might be the worst transfers of Wilders tenure. Swapping a talented footballer with value for forrest gump.

Hopefully someone else's problem soon.

Some absoloute brain dead opinions on Burke

Yes he is limited in his technical ability but he isn’t half as bad as some make out

He is a very good winger and beats players for fun , he looked dangerous in the prem and was one of our better performers

First game of the season he was our best player and nearly scored v brum

It’s not his fault he’s not been picked / injured

By no means am I saying he should be starting but it wouldn’t surprise me if he smashes it at Blackburn at all

Hope he goes, one of the worst footballers i have ever seen at the club and i feel bad saying that but sadly true. Conor salmon/dean hammond level of absolute guff. Cant kick a ball.

Might be the worst transfers of Wilders tenure. Swapping a talented footballer with value for forrest gump.

Hopefully someone else's problem soon.
I described him exactly the same the other day … ‘think Connor Salmon with speed’

Yes he is limited in his technical ability but he isn’t half as bad as some make out

He is a very good winger and beats players for fun , he looked dangerous in the prem and was one of our better performers

By no means am I saying he should be starting but it wouldn’t surprise me if he smashes it at Blackburn at all

Yep just like he did at Celtic, West Brom, RB, Alaves and us.

Don’t get me wrong I hope it comes good for him somewhere but I’ve not seen enough to warrant keeping him around our club.

It’s unfortunate for him he was swapped with a player who was IMO superior which just served to highlight his shortcomings further.

No footballer in history has had a bigger disparity between their athletic and technical ability. He literally can't do anything worthwhile while he's moving

If they still had the sprint at the cup final where every team sends their fastest player to represent them I'd say keep him.

As we actually need players who's brains are wired up to their feet I'd say get him gone and quick.

I Really wanted Burke to succeed. He is fucking rapid but unfortunately is just utterly dog shit at football.
I watched a highlights video of him on you tube tonight to see if there was something there that we were missing by out on and he even looked shit on that. A montage of clips clearly intended to showcase his ‘passes, dribbling, etc etc’ but he still managed to look like a dog chasing a balloon.
In fairness to him, there have been occasions where he has really troubled the opposition (not many I grant you) but that was purely due to his pace and willingness to run at defenders. They soon realised that they could just leave him and he would eventually tackle himself.

It’s bizarre because even non league players are actually really good footballers in comparison to most of us so I just can’t fathom how he had made it to some top teams without being able to control or pass a ball properly.

Maybe it is alll due to confidence. We know that lack of it can turn the best players into not being able to trap a bag or concrete. Maybe he will move, gain confidence and turn into the player we all hoped he would be and be a world beater. Maybe he will become the leagues top scorer and sought after by champions league teams.

Maybe I will grow a cracking pair of Norks overnight. There is probably more chance.

What I want to know is how did and where did our super hero meet his heroine? I mean looking at the state of them they are clearly a little outlandish in their tastes and exhibitionisms. Is there a specific dating website on the net where all the crackpots of the world get fixed up with like minded crackpots?

In a way he has clearly missed out on his social development by not having the opportunity to walk into a working mans club on a Sunday afternoon and having the piss royally taken out of him for looking like a combed cunt in raggy knickers.

They do look like a pair of befuddled dingtwats.

What I want to know is how did and where did our super hero meet his heroine? I mean looking at the state of them they are clearly a little outlandish in their tastes and exhibitionisms. Is there a specific dating website on the net where all the crackpots of the world get fixed up with like minded crackpots?

In a way he has clearly missed out on his social development by not having the opportunity to walk into a working mans club on a Sunday afternoon and having the piss royally taken out of him for looking like a combed cunt in raggy knickers.

They do look like a pair of befuddled dingtwats.

If you do come across that website on your travels please let me know - purely for research purposes of course.

If we can con some club to actually pay to take Burke off our hands it will be the best transfer window in our history. Let's be honest here I have seen Jack Russel terriers chasing balls on the local park with better ball control than this guy .
I hope his girlfriend makes a speedy recovery from her accident was it broken ankles? Still those surgical boots they have nowadays look far better than having broken bones potted up for weeks.

Unfortunately Burke's signing typifies how things went wrong for CW. His belated realisation that pacey options were required in the squad must have coloured his decision making that Burke was the best available option out there (also linked to his strong preference/insistence on domestic + Irish players). He showed raw promise at Forest, failed at Leipzig and Celtic, did ok at Alaves and failed again at WBA so he must have appealed as another 'turnaround project' that CW seemed to enjoy e.g. Morrison, Rodwell but I personally didn't see (a) how CW's preferred formation and style of play would suit him and (b) what he'd offer the team other than running like a headless chicken. Yes, pace was woefully absent from the squad but it had to be crossed with some football intelligence otherwise the result was always going to be what was reminiscent of letting off a balloon whenever he played, especially when asked to lead the line. If he had been a low cost option with no fee and low wages then he would perhaps have been worth a punt but he wasn't a cheap signing (fee and salary) and must go down as one of CW's worst.

If Blackburn feel he can add value to their promotion push then great - I think it's best all round that he becomes someone else's problem and hopefully allows PH to bring in a more suitable option.

Theres a pattern with the forwards we signed. Not.one of them have been able to lock down a prolonged first team.position. Whether that's been down to form or injury is irrelevant but the fact we keep reverting to Billy and Didzy shows we have wasted north of 50m on McBurnie, Brewster, Moose and Burke.

Tricky job being a.manager but at some.point we have to decide who our first.choice strikers are and give them a prolonged run and jettison the rest.

I thought that was.goimg to be McBurnie and Brewster this season but its just.never happened.

Theres a pattern with the forwards we signed. Not.one of them have been able to lock down a prolonged first team.position. Whether that's been down to form or injury is irrelevant but the fact we keep reverting to Billy and Didzy shows we have wasted north of 50m on McBurnie, Brewster, Moose and Burke.

Tricky job being a.manager but at some.point we have to decide who our first.choice strikers are and give them a prolonged run and jettison the rest.

I thought that was.goimg to be McBurnie and Brewster this season but its just.never happened.
We have decided haven’t we? It’s Sharp. He’s ever present (come on in all the games he didn’t start) and is top for goals and assists.

We have decided haven’t we? It’s Sharp. He’s ever present (come on in all the games he didn’t start) and is top for goals and assists.
The striker position is still a problem for us. Sharp is top for goals and assists for us - he has scored 7/24 appearances this season, a hit rate of about 1 goal every 3.5 games. But it's not very good compared to the other teams in the division and their strikers. It's not good enough to get auto promotion. He is streets behind Mitrovic and Brereton and doesnt offer the physicality of some of the targetmen in the division who are on similar goals scored.
This is not an anti-Sharp post - I love the guy to bits. He has been a bright spot this season and his fitness and desire to perform is exceptional. I would say in his defence that we need to create more chances as a team, and then actually play formations where we get more players into goal scoring areas to have chances of shooting.
But we also need better players.

The striker position is still a problem for us. Sharp is top for goals and assists for us - he has scored 7/24 appearances this season, a hit rate of about 1 goal every 3.5 games. But it's not very good compared to the other teams in the division and their strikers. It's not good enough to get auto promotion. He is streets behind Mitrovic and Brereton and doesnt offer the physicality of some of the targetmen in the division who are on similar goals scored.
This is not an anti-Sharp post - I love the guy to bits. He has been a bright spot this season and his fitness and desire to perform is exceptional. I would say in his defence that we need to create more chances as a team, and then actually play formations where we get more players into goal scoring areas to have chances of shooting.
Agree with all of that. He’s the best option we have but there are better options elsewhere.

As ever, the problem is our shocking transfer record whilst in the PL.

If we can con some club to actually pay to take Burke off our hands it will be the best transfer window in our history. Let's be honest here I have seen Jack Russel terriers chasing balls on the local park with better ball control than this guy .
I hope his girlfriend makes a speedy recovery from her accident was it broken ankles? Still those surgical boots they have nowadays look far better than having broken bones potted up for weeks.

I think she got them in a charity shop near where Elton John lives

Let's see how many Sharp scores the way we currently play.

Early days but for Bill it's 2 in 191 minutes across 2 starts and a sub appearance under Hecky out of a total of 7 in 1445 mins overall. I think you have to look at minutes not matches. He played 20 mins v Bristol. I don't think you count that is a full match or it skews the figured dramatically.

He so far managed a goal every 95 mins under Hecky and a goal every 250 minutes under Slav.

I'd be more than happy with a continuation of the return under Hecky!

If anybody went to the Southampton cup game this season, that showed us a glimpse of his potential. He really caused their defence problems and made them think about where to position themselves. I honestly thought after that performance, he was going to get more game time.

If hes ever going to do anything in the game Burke needs to nail down what he is and work at it
Is he a wing back, winger or striker (probably none of those) he needs a manager/ club that has the time
to play him in one of those positions and work at it. I fear that will not happen hes a bit of an enigma has pace to burn but the rest of his game needs to some very hard work putting in by himself and a club that has the willingness to take on such a project

If anybody went to the Southampton cup game this season, that showed us a glimpse of his potential. He really caused their defence problems and made them think about where to position themselves. I honestly thought after that performance, he was going to get more game time.

He flatters to deceive.

Annoyingly I can see him doing alright at Blackburn but I think they may just play him as a winger.

Back
Top Bottom