Match Thread Bristol City v. Sheffield United - 18th April 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRIS
BRIS
BRIS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1650271486495.png V. 1650271492948.png
Championship Week 43 - Monday 18th April 2022 - 17:30 - Ashton Gate

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/bristol-city-vs-sheffield-united.594/

Officials:

Referee: Keith Stroud
Assistant Referee: Ian Cooper
Assistant Referee: Matthew Jones
Fourth Official: Paul Howard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1650271601811.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 09.47.09.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Was a vast improvement on Good Friday- First 30 mins were excellent. Clever passing, but a bit toothless. Not having McB on the pitch was a big bonus.

Needs to stick with this team, it was much better. City looked dangerous on the attack-easy to say every team are a rollover it just isn't true. MGW goal was a cracker.

No need for mardy arse reactions. The injuries are whats killing us.

That was a decent performance.

Goodness how frustrating.

Felt we were much the better side but in terms of chances maybe just shading it as we let them have some good chances too.

With a Billy in that squad we win.

Don't think N'Diaye off was the right choice at times he him and MGW linked up so well. N'Diaye I think showed us what we've missed from him over the past few months.

If sharp is fit soon I'd be tempted to play MGW just behind N'Diaye and Sharp.
Think he should have pulled Bash for Osula - let MGW and Ndaye (who doesn’t seem to look as knackered on 70 mins as before) keep their understanding and add a forward. AND F**KING GO FOR IT!

Was a vast improvement on Good Friday- First 30 mins were excellent. Clever passing, but a bit toothless. Not having McB on the pitch was a big bonus.

Needs to stick with this team, it was much better. City looked dangerous on the attack-easy to say every team are a rollover it just isn't true. MGW goal was a cracker.

No need for mardy arse reactions. The injuries are whats killing us.

That was a decent performance.
Totally agree. On way home and from what I could tell from reactions of all blades I would say majority of us are happy with that performance if not the result

There is no heart players like Norwood loses the ball and just trots back while BC attack so close to losing a game and he just trots back. Just not good enough, if Hecky watches the game back with the players how does he accept issues like that? I don't think they want it

There is no heart players like Norwood loses the ball and just trots back while BC attack so close to losing a game and he just trots back. Just not good enough, if Hecky watches the game back with the players how does he accept issues like that? I don't think they want it
That’s a lack of pace, not a lack of heart. Norwood definitely gives a shit.

Two big points dropped against one of the worst teams in the division.
Second half performance was poor.
Fed up of no striker excuse. Missed two sitters in the first half and then created absolutely nothing after the equaliser.
Rubbish

Decent performance considering our lack of striking options, although MGW and Ndaiye did well.. I think we needed more from the wing back's today, but we'll worth a point and were the better team. They were a threat on the break, but it was us forcing the play and trying to create..Great finish by Gibbs White.

No, because that has been our usual change and it was obvious that Bash was struggling with match fitness after being out for so long
imo taking a DF off to make 2 up front against a team parking the bus and dangerous on the counter would have been suicidal. The only time I would do that would be if we had a big lump of a forward who was great in the air which would allow us to pump in some crosses, make them deal with something different, but we dont have that option.

so frustrating. we needed 3pts & in easter weekend that off the pitch couldnt have gone any better we gained 1pt on it, on the 1 hand we need to be clinical but then ive said that ever since restart in 2020 as we are the odd one out, feels like ever other team have 1 chance & score against us, it happens far too regularly for it to be bad luck. but then is it to be expected to not be able to hit a barn door when we gone through horrific luck with every senior striker injured. now down to 6th choice

but that has almost guaranteed that we wont have home advantage in play offs. which is yet more bad history to against us, as didnt roy say that we have only done that once in 96/97. following defeats v sunderland, Yeovil, Swindon, over the whole football league only 4 teams in all 3 leagues in 2017 2018 2020 & 2021 (2019 was the anomaly with 5) , got to wembley playing away 2nd leg

I think it was-

'fuck off' 'cos I'm an insane mentalist.

Stevens was fine at least 6/10

Compared to the drivel on Friday this was a huge improvement- with a Billy fit we would have won this at a canter. Injuries have done for us.

Stevens was one of our better players he actually looks like he can pass a ball forward / win a tackle / and go forward

We did need Sharp today but let’s not kid ourselves we haven’t been so awful
For months

Sharp has scored what 10 goals from open play in about 40 games in the league

Which I think is poor

Some pretty daft overreactions here. We did fine, especially considering our lack of forward options, and should've won. The only problems they caused were down to us being suicidally open at the back. I realise we were trying to win the game, but at any level if you're leaving yourselves 2 on 2 repeatedly, you've asking for trouble.

My thoughts entirely .

The number of times we were caught with only two defenders lying deep or , on one occasion just one with only minutes to go was scary to say the least .

Given that Reading’s first goal and two other clear cut chances arose from those situations , I would have expected us to eliminate that flaw in our system but didn’t and paid the price . Against a better team that price could have been far more expensive .

Other than that , I thought we did pretty well in the circumstances and for most of the game looked a class above the opposition , lacking only a clinical finisher - someone like that Billy Sharp maybe ....

On a wider point , when the board made the bold and absolutely correct decision to sack Slav after a series of inept and soul destroying performances and replace him with the current management team , many members of this forum were highly critical .

As time went by and both the results and the style of play massively improved , the majority were happy to hold their hand up and say they got it wrong and that it was the right decision after all .

Lurking in the background , however , it is clear from a number of recent posts that there is a small minority who cannot bring themselves to this conclusion and give the distinct impression that they would rather have Hecky and Co. fail rather than have to retract their original , sometimes hysterical reactions .

Sad .

My thoughts entirely .

The number of times we were caught with only two defenders lying deep or , on one occasion just one with only minutes to go was scary to say the least .

Given that Reading’s first goal and two other clear cut chances arose from those situations , I would have expected us to eliminate that flaw in our system but didn’t and paid the price . Against a better team that price could have been far more expensive .

Other than that , I thought we did pretty well in the circumstances and for most of the game looked a class above the opposition , lacking only a clinical finisher - someone like that Billy Sharp maybe ....

On a wider point , when the board made the bold and absolutely correct decision to sack Slav after a series of inept and soul destroying performances and replace him with the current management team , many members of this forum were highly critical .

As time went by and both the results and the style of play massively improved , the majority were happy to hold their hand up and say they got it wrong and that it was the right decision after all .

Lurking in the background , however , it is clear from a number of recent posts that there is a small minority who cannot bring themselves to this conclusion and give the distinct impression that they would rather have Hecky and Co. fail rather than have to retract their original , sometimes hysterical reactions .

Sad .

Fair summary.

As one of the Humble Pie eating members of the supporter base, I am mesmerised that Hecky & Co have kept the season alive positively to this point. I feared a relegation battle or worse.

I was never expecting anything of Slav, that was just never going to work on so many levels, both on and off the field.

Yes, I am one of those who would have even delayed a managerial decision until Blessin could have become entitled and available last November, such is my belief that he was (and may still be at some point) the right person for the crazy job that is Sheffield United Manager.

Happy to keep on eating humble pie all the way to the Premiership and beyond with Hecky & Co.

But Hecky's performing miracles with so many limitations in terms of playing personnel and club resources that we're destined to hit the sidings at some point and it won't be Hecky's fault.

He's playing well with a pretty poor hand. At some point the club has to work out how it provides the right manager with the right hand dealt to him/her. Only at that point we can be rightly critical of any manager's performance, not before then.

UTB

Rubbish result against a rubbish team, you’re right.
Sharp has scored or assisted 38% of our goals season.I’m struggling to understand why you think it shouldn’t be a factor.

Back
Top Bottom