Bristol City @ Home Moved for Sky TV

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There are many means of watching from a distance that don't involve supporting this vile organisation. Ones which don't involve attending supporters being fucked over in the process.

This organisation provides my phone, mobile and internet.

In what way are you directly 'fucked over' by Murdoch inc?

pommpey

Price of success.

Rather have Friday evening game than Saturday evening game.

After today there’s only one more Saturday 3pm kickoff at the lane before Christmas, thanks Sky you set of wankers

Got to feel for the Bristol City fans here.

Many are likely to have already booked trains (3 months prior = cheapest seats), so will now need to change their plans and perhaps book a hotel too.

We need to be in Norway on the Sunday for a Northern Lights trip. The ferry/cheap cruise company package holiday included a flight from Gatwick.

I'm having a hip operation soon and won't be able to drive ( shouldn't be on a ferry actually) and so the wife would have had to drive from the match to Gatwick hotel on Saturday night so we changed the flights to Leeds Bradford on the Sunday morning at a cost of £600, albeit with some savings on the Gatwick option.

Looks a total waste of money now as we would have all the time in the world to get there on the Saturday.:mad:

We fly to Bergen actually via Amsterdam. I'll think about you Bergen Blade :)

It might be hugely inconvenient for 26,000 other people, but it now means I can go! Saturday games in December are a no go for me, due to work commitments, but I can do Friday nights. I'm not saying I'm more important than the 26,000 others, actually, fuck it; that's exactly what I'm saying!

The only positive to take from this is that sky are taking notice of us and that means we're doing very well and we're one of the sides people want to watch.

Sky cream themselves over a few sides per season who (disproportionately/unfairly) hog a lot of coverage time. Newcastle, Norwich, Leeds, West Spam are recent examples, even the pigs.

It sucks when you're not being covered, though.

We need to be in Norway on the Sunday for a Northern Lights trip. The ferry/cheap cruise company package holiday included a flight from Gatwick.

I'm having a hip operation soon and won't be able to drive ( shouldn't be on a ferry actually) and so the wife would have had to drive from the match to Gatwick hotel on Saturday night so we changed the flights to Leeds Bradford on the Sunday morning at a cost of £600, albeit with some savings on the Gatwick option.

Looks a total waste of money now as we would have all the time in the world to get there on the Saturday.:mad:

Hope you enjoy your trip mate and that the weather will be good. My father's been on one of those cruises up north and he thought it was great. I think it was spring when he travelled, so not sure there was much Northern Lights to see.

Anyone know a pub in Whitby with decent beer and Sky? Mrs.i.am's birthday weekender that weekend. Got a walk planned for Satdi afternoon so Friday night suits us.

Hope you hope you get to see the lights. Can be a long walk in Amsterdam, and passport control can be slow, so if the hip's dodgy, an assisted wheelchair might be best.

We’re sponsoring that game. Invited clients from all over the country. They’re not going to make it on a Friday night. Looks like I’ll be inviting my mates instead. Nice, but a waste.

Anyone know a pub in Whitby with decent beer and Sky? Mrs.i.am's birthday weekender that weekend. Got a walk planned for Satdi afternoon so Friday night suits us.
The Dolphin, (Abbey side of the bridge) The George and Little Angel all have Sky sports and all do some real ales. Like Little Angel best. Often have live music on there too.

Top post Pommps, without this coverage, us exiled Blades would see fuck all. So stick it Tyler.

I think some people think exiled Blades should either sit here waiting for Deadbat's reviews and the Channel 5 shitfest or go support another team.

pommpey

Get relegated?

No one likes it and no one asked for it but I suspect most fans who are used to it don't kick up quite the same fuss.

What should be done as a minimum is that everyone who can prove train ticket purchase /hotel etc should be refunded by Sky when they switch games within 8 weeks which is when the better planners buy their tickets whilst at their cheapest.

Sky pay a fee to both the home and away team, what each club decide to do with that fee is up to them.........

The Dolphin, (Abbey side of the bridge) The George and Little Angel all have Sky sports and all do some real ales. Like Little Angel best. Often have live music on there too.
Cheers. Little Angel not far from where we're staying, will give it a try.

Fucking bastarding bollocksing cunting Sky strike again. Clashes with my works xmas do meaning I'm having to pass up copious amounts of free ale to sit in the bastard freezing cold on a Friday night. We'd best fucking win.

You'll be reight. I'd rather attend my own execution than a Works Do.

Were you on a promise for some action in the stationery cupboard with Amanda from Accounts?

If not, you might as get to the Lane.

Amanda has spent more time in that fucking cupboard than the boxes of pens. Get to the game :)

Just think chaps, you've now got a free Satdi to get your Christmas shopping sorted!

I'd rather be peeled and dipped in a bath of salt than go Christmas shopping on a Saturday.

What sad bastards watch football on TV on Friday nights anyway ?
Was going to see Queen ,changed that for a do and now the wankers do this :(

Back
Top Bottom