Bristol City @ Home Moved for Sky TV

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Honestly, what are the fucking chances of this happening when the previous home game is also going to be on Sky?

And I'm not being funny but aren't there a number of more 'attractive' fixtures to select for TV?

Aston Villa - Millwall FC
Barnsley - Derby County
Burton Albion - Preston NE
Fulham FC - Birmingham City
Hull City - Brentford FC
Middlesbrough - Ipswich Town
Norwich City - Sheffield Wed
Nottingham F. - Bolton Wanderers
QPR - Leeds United
Reading FC - Cardiff City
Sheffield Utd - Bristol City
Wolverhampton - Sunderland
NO! ;)

I was hoping we'd attract less of these Friday night Jobbies as I can't fly over until Friday evenings at the earliest.

At least the old man will be happy - he gets another freebee.

Flying back from Aus after 3 weeks there for the ashes. Was looking forward to an early night and jet lag relief before the game on Sat.....thanks Sky - Twats!

I was gonna go to this one as well but no chance I'll be able to now, ah well, 50 quid more I can spend in Melbourne watching Root single handedly dismantle the Aussies :D

Utter scum, aided and abetted in their slow destruction of the game by every automaton who has a subscription with them.
I've got a city mate who is coming over from Ireland to see game and has booked flights utter tossers #####

There are many means of watching from a distance that don't involve supporting this vile organisation. Ones which don't involve attending supporters being fucked over in the process.
Every time Sky do this, they should pay the coach fees for the visiting fans, it’s not as if it will dent their revenues.

Shite treatment by a shite company, I hope I live long enough to see them go bust with the Premier League.

Honestly, what are the fucking chances of this happening when the previous home game is also going to be on Sky?

And I'm not being funny but aren't there a number of more 'attractive' fixtures to select for TV?

Barnsley - Derby County
Hull City - Brentford FC
QPR - Leeds United

Barnsley - Derby County
Hull City - Brentford FC
QPR - Leeds United

Quite funny you mention it actually. An article in the Stir when the last lot of TV fixtures were advertised did advise the pigs to be mindful that no game had been selected for Sky on this date and that they were away to Hull. No mention of us in the article and would you believe it, they'd rather televise us than that shower !

I think it'll be a cracking game if both continue as they are doing ! Just a shame some Blades will miss it

Last edited:
Sods law, season ticket is looking a bit of a waste of money this year for me unfortunately.

Massively reducing ticket prices for Sky-televised games, to undercut the cunts, would be a reyt two fingers to them.

I bet it would fill the ground as well.

just shows the fans don't matter ,your armchair fan with his six pack of lager and his remote come first.

its a bit naughty asking bristol fans to make the effort on a friday,its the price of success I suppose.

just shows the fans don't matter ,your armchair fan with his six pack of lager and his remote come first.

its a bit naughty asking bristol fans to make the effort on a friday,its the price of success I suppose.
That's because it's the armchair fan who pays for Sky.

Yeah, it's poor for Bristol City very unfair on them.

FFS can’t we do something about these continual changes
Get relegated?

No one likes it and no one asked for it but I suspect most fans who are used to it don't kick up quite the same fuss.

What should be done as a minimum is that everyone who can prove train ticket purchase /hotel etc should be refunded by Sky when they switch games within 8 weeks which is when the better planners buy their tickets whilst at their cheapest.

Get relegated?

No one likes it and no one asked for it but I suspect most fans who are used to it don't kick up quite the same fuss.

What should be done as a minimum is that everyone who can prove train ticket purchase /hotel etc should be refunded by Sky when they switch games within 8 weeks which is when the better planners buy their tickets whilst at their cheapest.

Just seems shite that we have so many games moved from Saturday for TV.

Not often I get to complain seeing as I'm an irregular attendee but guess fucking what? That's the next game I'd targeted, hotel booked etc and now I'm missing the fucker.

There's major roadworks on the M5 to the M6 junction which means all the traffic is being diverted onto the M42 to get back on the M6. Anyone who undertakes that journey on a Friday afternoon, which travellers from Bristol will have to, needs their head examined. It's fucking chaos.

Back
Top Bottom