Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v. Sheffield United - 21st Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRI
BRI
BRI

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1576575707590.png v. 1576575717804.png
EPL Week 18 - Saturday 21st December 2019 - AMEX Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/brighton-hove-albion-vs-sheffield-united.482/

Officials:

Referee:
Robert Jones
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Neil Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-12-19 at 15.26.54.png

Away Fans Guide:

Last edited:

I'm on a Christmas do at haydock races,not had a winner but who gives a fk ,I wouldn't swap.
Cloud 9

Superb organised performance, we let them have the ball because we were confident they couldn't hurt us. Just love this team COYRWW!

They didn't lay a glove on us in that 2nd half. We looked comfortable. I imagine their worst performance of the season lol.

Keith Edwards said at H/T their press were saying worst Brighton have played all season. Edwards said earlier this season he was suckered into believing similar comments by the opposition press but now tells them we are so good that we make you look bad and don't allow you to play.

Fantastic tactical genius by Wilder & Knill

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Great 3 points in dreadful conditions.

I thought we did ok first half. Started well but faded and sat back a bit too much.
Great finish by McBurnie
Second half we defended quite well (especially Egan) but say back again and they didn't offer very much.

It was worrying that the ball just kept coming back at us. I thought we were pretty poor second half. Osborn buzzed around but we never got hold of the ball in midfield. Basham looked like an accident waiting to happen. Stevens had probably his worst game this season. Wingbacks never got out. Freeman is not the answer for me if Fleck is out.

McGoldrick did well but he should have scored. I hope we get a pen soon as he really needs that goal. I thought Mousset did well when he came on but on a couple of occasions you could see his concentration levels were off.

Brighton were pretty dreadful. The goal and 2 of our best chances came from their terrible defending. Maupay looked lively but also a bit raw.

All in all, a bit lucky maybe but we were the better team.

Incredible to think we're 5th in the Premier League. What a job manager, coaches and players have done.

I thought we did ok first half. Started well but faded and sat back a bit too much.
Great finish by McBurnie
Second half we defended quite well (especially Egan) but say back again and they didn't offer very much.

It was worrying that the ball just kept coming back at us. I thought we were pretty poor second half. Osborn buzzed around but we never got hold of the ball in midfield. Basham looked like an accident waiting to happen. Stevens had probably his worst game this season. Wingbacks never got out. Freeman is not the answer for me if Fleck is out.

McGoldrick did well but he should have scored. I hope we get a pen soon as he really needs that goal. I thought Mousset did well when he came on but on a couple of occasions you could see his concentration levels were off.

Brighton were pretty dreadful. The goal and 2 of our best chances came from their terrible defending. Maupay looked lively but also a bit raw.

Incredible to think we're 5th in the Premier League. What a job manager, coaches and players have done.

mcGoldrick should not be within 100 miles of a penalty unless it won’t affect the result!

Great finish by McBurnie

Mesron says we weren't lucky - said we proper schooled Brighton today

mcGoldrick should not be within 100 miles of a penalty unless it won’t affect the result!

I'd give it him. He desperately needs the goal. It's a risk but who else would you have confidence in?

If he's not careful he's going to let the frustration get to him and get sent off.

Are you on drugs?

Yes, clearly, as our goal was a defensive error and then our best chances were their errors. Brighton never looked like scoring. Neither did we especially. We were the better side. No doubt about that.

Oh, if Paul Merson says so then well....

How many chances did WE create today?

Well we scored three goals and then there was the two chances McGoldrick had, so that’s five.

How many saves did Henderson make that meant we were lucky to win?

Blades are wonderfully solid.
The only unlucky bit today was the VAR calls.

I’ve watched three other teams today and my opinion is that Brighton, Arsenal and Everton are all shite.
Cannot believe Arsenal paid 26 mil for Torreira.

We could have won that 1-4 we were bloody unlucky. I'm sick of VAR I daren't celebrate any more it's ripping the soul from the game. All in all though another great performance.

We could have won that 1-4 we were bloody unlucky. I'm sick of VAR I daren't celebrate any more it's ripping the soul from the game. All in all though another great performance.

Today it was correct but I agree it's still shit for fans/players. Without VAR the first goal would have deffo stood.

lots of huff and puff from Brighton but they created nothing. Deserved victory.

both VAR decisions were correct but we are so snakebit. Egan’s goal was going in anyway and we didn’t score from the free kick because of the offside - Ryan dropping the ball was the cause.

that’s Didzy’s worst miss of all. I don’t think he’s going to score.

Did really well to nullify a decent side and we have one foot in the PL next season.

I thought today was our worst possession based performance for a very long time (beyond this season). Freeman was poor - was no where near agressive enough at tracking his man, ran to within 3/4 meters of the man in possession then stood of him. There were many more who did this today.

We hoofed all game - was pretty ‘warnockesque’, awful to watch but 3 points in the bag so dont give a fuck. I hope we are a bit easier on the eye next week and can string a few passes together, back to normal.

Mcburnie took his goal well and played a decent game but moussett every day for me, his energy is unreal. Was impressed with Osborne as well when he cam on.

Didzy again unlucky not to score but he was one of a few who wanted to play when others opted for row z or a hoof up field.

Defensively solid!

UTB

Never mind that. Quick! Let's see who can be the first one to make up a song about Verrips! (Not much rhymes with "Verrips" though does it?). I'm working on it now...

lips
hips
skips
trips
ships
dips
pips
whips
kips
sips
tips
quips
slips

damn! damn! damn! How's the rest of it go? 🤔 Wannabe first. Gottabe first!

Our Man Verrips, he skips around the goal and smokes Park Drive untipped

Great finish by McBurnie

What was lucky?

Definitely missed Fleck today, some nice close control by Freeman but didn't really make anything.

Saying that though, I think we were quite poor today apart from a good spell in the first half, couldn't seem to keep hold of the ball and midfield was very quiet.

Good defensive display though, earned their money today, was similar to Wolves really, they really came at us, Brighton just didn't have that bit of quality today but they're very decent when they want to be.

Moose and McBurnie were both great, McG's miss was so bad I don't want to watch MotD but otherwise he was very good in a game where we didn't have much ball, he tried to make things.

Great 3 points.

MOTM McBurnie for strength and finish.

Back
Top Bottom