Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v. Sheffield United - 21st Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRI
BRI
BRI

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1576575707590.png v. 1576575717804.png
EPL Week 18 - Saturday 21st December 2019 - AMEX Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/brighton-hove-albion-vs-sheffield-united.482/

Officials:

Referee:
Robert Jones
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Neil Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-12-19 at 15.26.54.png

Away Fans Guide:

Last edited:

Wheres everyone going pre game, stadium looks to be out of town with no pubs close by

Brighton have done fantastically well in recent seasons and demonstrates what a small club can achieve.

Brightons history is shockingly bad....the 2nd worse amongst the current PL teams,....only AFCBournmouth have a worse history.
They‘ve not won a thing, always had low crowds and hardly ever played top flight football.
We've been in the top flight TEN times more seasons than Brighton.

In recent seasons they were cautious playing solid defensive football....just making up the numbers but
with their current manager they look like they are pointing the right direction.....now play decent attacking football under Potter.

Brighton have been playing well for a while.....their results should have been better....so should be on more points.
So Logic suggests a tough game.....probably a 1-1 draw

But only 1 manager has managed to beat us away from home in the last 14 months.
That manager is Graham Potter when he managed Swansea back in Jan19.

The current record in the PL for an unbeaten away start for a newly promoted is EIGHT matches, jointly held by us and Blackburn in 93.
So if we remain unbeaten away after the Brighton match then we break the PL record for a newly promoted team.
However I’ve got a feeling we’ll lose 2-1, with Maupay scoring......hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Watched them last night v Palace, looked very good playing great passing football, I'm hoping they don't reach those levels against us or we could be in for an extremely busy afternoon and an unexpected beating.

Watched them last night v Palace, looked very good playing great passing football, I'm hoping they don't reach those levels against us or we could be in for an extremely busy afternoon and an unexpected beating.
They're not as good as Wolves, Chelsea or Spurs and we gave all 3 of those as good as we got.

Talk about cap doffing.

They're not as good as Wolves, Chelsea or Spurs and we gave all 3 of those as good as we got.

Talk about cap doffing.

Agree......there’s been a recurring pattern this season ...you can guarantee that next week Brighton will join the long list of clubs that have their worse performances of the season when playing Sheff Utd

and of course we’ll be trying harder and want it more.

Chelsea was an even match but we looked higher quality than both Spurs and Wolves.

Not cap doffing at all, just acknowledging another side can play good football as well as us or isn't that allowed.

To be fair I thought they looked pretty good last night, but palace were rubbish. And despite Maupay, I thought they flattered to deceive going forward , and didn't cause there defence that many issues.Saying that, I think Potter is a decent manager, who seem to have the better of us last season.

If we win would it be the first time since premier league started that we've won 3 on the trot in the top flight?

Can't make my mind up on this one. On the one hand, Potter seemed to have us worked out last season, and Brighton are playing some lovely stuff.
But then , Chris Wilder.....

I can’t make it Saturday but my eldest is going, he’s 19. Is anyone else based in London going as a group, if so, please private message me if you’re ok for him to tag along on the train and to the ground. It’ll just be more fun than on his lonesome. Thanks in advance London Blades.

Brighton have done fantastically well in recent seasons and demonstrates what a small club can achieve.

Brightons history is shockingly bad....the 2nd worse amongst the current PL teams,....only AFCBournmouth have a worse history.
They‘ve not won a thing, always had low crowds and hardly ever played top flight football.
We've been in the top flight TEN times more seasons than Brighton.

In recent seasons they were cautious playing solid defensive football....just making up the numbers but
with their current manager they look like they are pointing the right direction.....now play decent attacking football under Potter.

Brighton have been playing well for a while.....their results should have been better....so should be on more points.
So Logic suggests a tough game.....probably a 1-1 draw

But only 1 manager has managed to beat us away from home in the last 14 months.
That manager is Graham Potter when he managed Swansea back in Jan19.

The current record in the PL for an unbeaten away start for a newly promoted is EIGHT matches, jointly held by us and Blackburn in 93.
So if we remain unbeaten away after the Brighton match then we break the PL record for a newly promoted team.
However I’ve got a feeling we’ll lose 2-1, with Maupay scoring......hope I’m wrong.

Miserable git.

Talk about cap doffing.

I think the difficulty against Brighton is that they're more of a well organised tea than the others (maybe Wolves aside). So, whilst they've not got the world class players they do have a work ethic, are well organised and in Maupay someone who can get you a goal. Will be tough and I can see a draw (which I'd be happy with).

I can’t make it Saturday but my eldest is going, he’s 19. Is anyone else based in London going as a group, if so, please private message me if you’re ok for him to tag along on the train and to the ground. It’ll just be more fun than on his lonesome. Thanks in advance London Blades.

I just know this will come off, good luck with it, let us know.

Didn't think I'd get an away ticket this season given my loyalty points situation and how games were selling out, but got a ticket for this one on general sale. Really looking forward to the game, first time to see Blades away in the Premier league, and Brighton should be a good day out. Can we keep up our unbeaten away record AND win three in a row? Really hope so. Come on Blades!

Didn't think I'd get an away ticket this season given my loyalty points situation and how games were selling out, but got a ticket for this one on general sale. Really looking forward to the game, first time to see Blades away in the Premier league, and Brighton should be a good day out. Can we keep up our unbeaten away record AND win three in a row? Really hope so. Come on Blades!
Does that mean allocation wasn't fully snapped up by season ticket holders? Is that the first time this season? Any reason why??

Does that mean allocation wasn't fully snapped up by season ticket holders? Is that the first time this season? Any reason why??
I think it's the first away allocation this season to get to general sale. Probably a few factors - 450 mile round trip / £100 return on the train / middle of Christmas party season / it's Brighton. However, I thought this is the first time Blades have played at the Amex, so I was surprised to get a ticket. (Was on hold for 30 mins on the phone at 9am to ticket office...)

This is my closest fixture, just along the coast, I will be going (in the home end) with Brighton supporting friends who kindly got me free tickets in a hospitality box (hey, I'm a cheap whore who's easily bought). More importantly, they are full of respect for us, but do believe, due to Potters due diligence etc, they can win this game. I obviously disagree, with just the correct amount of politeness.
One thing we all seem to agree on, Maupay will score. Hopefully I add, a consolation goal.
UTB

This is my closest fixture, just along the coast, I will be going (in the home end) with Brighton supporting friends who kindly got me free tickets in a hospitality box (hey, I'm a cheap whore who's easily bought). More importantly, they are full of respect for us, but do believe, due to Potters due diligence etc, they can win this game. I obviously disagree, with just the correct amount of politeness.
One thing we all seem to agree on, Maupay will score. Hopefully I add, a consolation goal.
UTB
I've done exactly the same, best mates dad is chairman of the Sussex FA and got me comps for the 1901 lounge

Where's everyone meeting and drinking? I'm staying in Brighton this weekend and getting a train from Brighton to Falmer

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom