Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v. Sheffield United - 20th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRI
BRI
BRI

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1608326000868.png v. 1608326005605.png
EPL Week 14 - Sunday 20th December 2020 - Amex Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/brighton-hove-albion-vs-sheffield-united.522/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1608326112125.png

I still can't fathom how jagielka is on the bench ahead of Rodwell.

What was Rodwell even given a contract for? He can't be any worse than jags on right side of defence.

EprPpfEWMAAhtDl
WHY ISNT HE PLAYING DIDZY AS A NUMBER 10 BEHIND THE 2 STRIKERS. once again we are going to lose

He's stubborn and delusional. He's destroying the confidence of players like Burke and playing Lunny is bizzare.

I'm assuming we don't play a no. 10 because we can't afford to lose a defender

Probably in the minority here... I’m happy with that line up. I’d play a ten behind a front two at home but pretty much what I’d go with today.

I'm presuming Burke isn't fit enough to play his all action game twice in a few days. Brewster will actually (possibly) put more effort in than Mousset. Lunny is an odd one. I assume that was the last we'd seen of him. Maybe he's wound him up and told him if he wants a move away he needs to impress?

I put Gross in my FPL team so of course Potter's benched him.

Brighton also seem to be playing 4 CBs in a back 4

It's like the hokey cokey with some players

I'm presuming Burke isn't fit enough to play his all action game twice in a few days. Brewster will actually (possibly) put more effort in than Mousset. Lunny is an odd one. I assume that was the last we'd seen of him. Maybe he's wound him up and told him if he wants a move away he needs to impress?

I think it's a back 3 of veltman, dunk and webster, white in midfield.

Why are people shocked that Lundstram is back in?

He was obviously going to start today.

Agreed - this side of the JTW he was the obvious choice to start RCM.

It might be different after January, but for now it's a no brainer seeing as Berge is out, even though it's unpalatable for some.

UTB

Please to god just fucking win blades... I don't care if they batter us all game and the winner goes in off egans nob it the last minute of injury time let's just win a sodding game

I haven't felt this nervous before a game for a long time. You'd think that after watching the Blades for 72 years it would get easier. It doesn't!

You give me a few years but it's always been the same.

Our season will kick off at some point - lets all hope it's today :)

Enjoy the game.

UTB

We're all going to be sat here on the forum in 2 hours time dumbfounded at the teams performance. Brewster wont get a touch. Stevens and Robinson will have a shocker and give away a penalty and Midfield will be chasing shadows as fleck gives the ball away multiple times, then we will have to sit and watch wilder with his same scripted media trained interview explain how the 'formation works' and how much we should feel sorry for him

Lunny was an obvs starter today baring a formation change. Happy to see Brewster starting up front with Didzy. Pace and power of Burke and Mousse to come on!
Lets have it!!!

We're all going to be sat here on the forum in 2 hours time dumbfounded at the teams performance. Brewster wont get a touch. Stevens and Robinson will have a shocker and give away a penalty and Midfield will be chasing shadows as fleck gives the ball away multiple times, then we will have to sit and watch wilder with his same scripted media trained interview explain how the 'formation works' and how much we should feel sorry for him
That’s the spirit!! UTB

I think the fact he wasn't on the bench against man u, a lot of people (me included) thought that was it for him.

That's not an unusual occurrence with Wilder.

Bryan wasn't on the bench at Chelsea but started against West Brom.

Sharp wasn't on the bench against West Brom but then started against Southampton.

Robinson wasn't on the bench against Leicester but starts today against Brighton.

Toss up between Lunny or Norwood starting today and I’m not sure who’s worse. Also the 4 centrebacks is exactly how potter played against us last year. For all the talk of the formation being worked out he’s the only manager in the prem who seems to have a consistent plan to counter it.

Can’t pretend I’m not disappointed not having Didz as the ‘10’. I just can’t see us getting enough points trying to keep it tight, the time to go for it was now.

Miserable ...........i was going to say twat but i won't.

That's not an unusual occurrence with Wilder.

Bryan wasn't on the bench at Chelsea but started against West Brom.

Sharp wasn't on the bench against West Brom but then started against Southampton.

Robinson wasn't on the bench against Leicester but starts today against Brighton.
I agree with that, I think the fact his contract situation is like it is has played a part though.

Back
Top Bottom