Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So you pay ,let's say, £230,000, for a high performance motor. It's constantly in and out of the garage for repairs. It keeps missfiring. It breaks down a lot. It costs a fortune to run. Instead of being high performance, it runs like a fiat panda.
For three years.
The manager at the dealership keeps telling you it's meeting all the specification in the workshop. You just need to be more patient.
How much longer before you decide it's not worth having?

So you pay ,let's say, £230,000, for a high performance motor. It's constantly in and out of the garage for repairs. It keeps missfiring. It breaks down a lot. It costs a fortune to run. Instead of being high performance, it runs like a fiat panda.
For three years.
The manager at the dealership keeps telling you it's meeting all the specification in the workshop. You just need to be more patient.
About 2 and a half years ago unless you’re deluded 🤣

For three years.
Bit like when Brewster collected his champion's leauges medal and discovered it was a chocolate coin

Fair play to Brewster, that red the other week was frustrating and would also have knocked his confidence.

But he’s played 82 mins today and grew into the game, the communication improved throughout.

For all his energy and endeavour, he was a threat to row Z for most of his chances but he kept going and looked better second half

When Diaz and Archer are injured he’s not a prolific threat, but he’s giving himself a chance…

Though saying all that he looked to be hobbling when he came off so it’s probably the last we’ll see of him this season or he’ll smash a hat trick v Arsenal

If anyone has a still photo of the incident on half way where he gets away and their lad has to pull him down, I’d be interested to see how far away the Wolves last man actually was.

Looked a red rather than a yellow to me 😡.

UTB

You know when people defend Brewster on here and they get people going “What have you seen in him” “Ive not seen owt” blah blah blah, well performances like today are what we have seen glimpses of. Admittedly not enough but theres potential there.

There are many criticisms that can be aimed at him, some not his fault, some are but the lad clearly has ability and he wants to do well for the club.

Injuries have probably put him a couple of years behind in his development as a player. He’s still got to become more intelligent as a player, his movement and positioning could be better at times but today he showed he can give defenders a hard time at this level and its something to work on between now and the end of the season.

Tbh, I’d play him at every available opportunity to allow him to get his confidence up. It really is shit or bust time for him at United but if he can feel fit until the end of the season, he’s in with a shout.

If anyone has a still photo of the incident on half way where he gets away and their lad has to pull him down, I’d be interested to see how far away the Wolves last man actually was.

Looked a red rather than a yellow to me 😡.

UTB
Hmm it’s an orange imo. The fact Brewster knocks the ball on so far kinda helps the Wolves lad out because theres a question over how far clear in front of goal he would be. To me, it made it look just enough like there was a chance the other defender would have got back.

Hmm it’s an orange imo. The fact Brewster knocks the ball on so far kinda helps the Wolves lad out because theres a question over how far clear in front of goal he would be. To me, it made it look just enough like there was a chance the other defender would have got back.
Looked 2 / 3 yards in front to me.

UTB

For my money, the covering defender doesn’t catch Brewster. Not one of their defenders had the pace of Brewster, I recon a goal scoring opportunity was stopped with the pull back. Whether that is a red nowadays I’m not sure.

For my money, the covering defender doesn’t catch Brewster. Not one of their defenders had the pace of Brewster, I recon a goal scoring opportunity was stopped with the pull back. Whether that is a red nowadays I’m not sure.
The rule is “denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity” so I guess it depends on whether you define it as clear. The covering defender and the fact the challenge happens out wide rather than central is probably why they’ve deemed it yellow.

Today he turned in our best centre forward performance of the season by quite a long way. He’s quick and quite strong and he can shoot. He’s also not bad when he drops a bit deeper. I hope he starts the next game.
Really?
Even if it was, it doesn't say very much.

He definitely does catch him

Really?
Even if it was, it doesn't say very much.
It doesn't say a huge amount, no. But I'll take scraps of positives where I can find them this season. As an all-round striker's performances I think it was the best we've seen this season: getting in shooting positions, getting in behind, holding the ball up, linking play, giving defenders some problems with his strength. Something to consider given how little he's offered at times.

When's his contract up? I'm pretty sure he's going to put the effort him until we offer him a new one then it'll be the usual sick notes handing in.

Back
Top Bottom