Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Storm in a teacup as far as our players actions - yes,
Storm in a teacup in terms of your fans actions- definitely not
Different story for a different thread I guess. Surely once mcburnie bit is sorted, we'll get our fine or whatever it is, the twat who attacked Billy will have had a ropey time in prison and we can all move on

It might be a case that McBurnie didn't provide an account when interviewed and answered "no comment" to questions. Based on not admitting or not denying it he would be charged to court. Now it's gone to court maybe the CPS are looking at the evidence of the case before deciding if there is a realistic chance for a prosecution.

I was surprised that Brewster was charged based on that footage, as in my opinion he was clearly moving backwards and pushing his arms out in defence of himself. However, the McBurnie footage isn't clear. If you want to see it as a stamp then it does look like a stamp. If you want to see it as him trying to move out of the way then it can look like that. It's not 100% clear, which may go in his favour unless the prosecution have secured more footage from somewhere.

It might be a case that McBurnie didn't provide an account when interviewed and answered "no comment" to questions. Based on not admitting or not denying it he would be charged to court. Now it's gone to court maybe the CPS are looking at the evidence of the case before deciding if there is a realistic chance for a prosecution.

I was surprised that Brewster was charged based on that footage, as in my opinion he was clearly moving backwards and pushing his arms out in defence of himself. However, the McBurnie footage isn't clear. If you want to see it as a stamp then it does look like a stamp. If you want to see it as him trying to move out of the way then it can look like that. It's not 100% clear, which may go in his favour unless the prosecution have secured more footage from somewhere.
Aren’t the CPS supposed to review the evidence and decide whether or not to prosecute based on its strength, before they even go to court? I’m sure I’ve heard of cases that the CPS wouldn’t pursue because of lack of evidence.

Must be confusing with McBurnie, because all evidence from his football skills would show that if he’d aimed to kick the dog nonce, he’d have missed by a mile. So if the video showed that he did actually connect he was probably moving out of the way and accidentally made contact. Hard one to judge I reckon.

Must be confusing with McBurnie, because all evidence from his football skills would show that if he’d aimed to kick the dog nonce, he’d have missed by a mile. So if the video showed that he did actually connect he was probably moving out of the way and accidentally made contact. Hard one to judge I reckon.
If I was his barrister I’d just show some footage of him playing and say “look this fucker couldn’t kick a dead badger, with his football boots on, no chance he could kick a Forest with that plastic thing on his foot, just gi’ o’er now and stop wasting every fucker’s time”.

Aren’t the CPS supposed to review the evidence and decide whether or not to prosecute based on its strength, before they even go to court? I’m sure I’ve heard of cases that the CPS wouldn’t pursue because of lack of evidence.
Thats how its supposed to work in theory with the CPS being independent of the police and employing their own advocates. In reality the criticisms are the CPS are too close to the Police. In this instance it seems the pre court meeting has influenced the decision to withdraw the charge. Why it was allowed to get this far is a matter of conjecture. We do not know if the CPS instructed their own in house advocacy or went external. The fact the defendants had made it clear they would plead not guilty resulting in the need for a trial may also have contributed to the decision.

For me this demonstrates how flimsy the whole thing is because (based purely on the footage we know about) I'd interpreted it as Brewster being the one more likely to end up in bother. It looked like he might have been hauling the dog enthusiast forest fan to the ground and mcburnie forced to do his ungainly moonboot step over. Not certain by any stretch which just shows it was a flimsy bit of 'evidence'.

Great touch by Brewster. Straight over to Jebbo after he was unfairly sent off, gave the crowd some abuse back. I hope no one blames Jebbo, did fuck all. Our best player today.

I assumed he’d been sent by the management team to walk Jebbo to the changing room, as it’s usually the job of the backroom staff, and I thought it was a nice touch.

Either way it was good to see his relationship with players like Jebbo.

Forget the price tag, and forget the past - he's been impressing the manager with his attitude and application.
I thought he looked very bright in the couple of sub appearances he's made since he returned to fitness.
It's a real shame that he's missing three games, as I reckon he would have started against Brighton this weekend.
Still, the tackle on Sunday was fucking awful :oops:

Forget the price tag, and forget the past - he's been impressing the manager with his attitude and application.
I thought he looked very bright in the couple of sub appearances he's made since he returned to fitness.
It's a real shame that he's missing three games, as I reckon he would have started against Brighton this weekend.
Still, the tackle on Sunday was fucking awful :oops:
I agree forget the price tag and the past judge him on his ability.... I hear the dog and duck are after a new reserve striker, could be a good move for the lad

Sigh…..

Look, We are much better since Wilder came back and I am pleased he seems to have abandoned his pig headed insistence of 5-3-2 which we were all heartily sick of…

….however when he makes statements like this it raises all the red flags of why I am not 100% sold on him being the right man beyond the end of this season for The Championship rebuild.

Sigh…..

Look, We are much better since Wilder came back and I am pleased he seems to have abandoned his pig headed insistence of 5-3-2 which we were all heartily sick of…

….however when he makes statements like this it raises all the red flags of why I am not 100% sold on him being the right man beyond the end of this season for The Championship rebuild.
What’s he going to say?

“I spunked £23m on a lad who’s either crocked or shite. Want him off the books ASAP. And he’s a Dickhead to boot.”

Said he’s got the right attitude, he’s been unlucky with injuries and has something to prove, which is only going to happen if he plays and scores goals.

Not sure what you’re expecting.

Sigh…..

Yes no way he should be supportive of one of his players
What a cunt

Back
Top Bottom