Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Like who ?
Chris Wilder hit out at his players after Sheffield United's 3-2 defeat to Luton, saying two own goals were not 'unlucky', but a poor 'approach and attitude'. For a second game in a row, the Blades let a winning position slip late on.

Chris Wilder hit out at his players after Sheffield United's 3-2 defeat to Luton, saying two own goals were not 'unlucky', but a poor 'approach and attitude'. For a second game in a row, the Blades let a winning position slip late on.
Like who?

The Watford team

It's never his tactics tho is it:

I’m bright, and we’re intelligent staff. If we have to take a wrecking ball to it, we’ll take a wrecking ball to it. But the reason we didn’t get a result is because the players played at a slow speed.
Yeah but like who ?
Who are the players he's not signed he has openly criticised ?

No it's openly critising 11 players and taking no responsibility for the poor results himself
Openly criticising is singling out an individual or individuals slagging a team off for being shit is fair enough
The fact you've had to dig something up from his Watford days says to me he doesn't really do it

You could have mentioned the Dean Henderson incident which for me was a very astute piece of management but you obviously just said something and desperately tried to back it up
I was assuming you were talking about the current United squad seen as this is a Sheffield United forum or I wouldn't have even asked

Sigh…..

Look, We are much better since Wilder came back and I am pleased he seems to have abandoned his pig headed insistence of 5-3-2 which we were all heartily sick of…

….however when he makes statements like this it raises all the red flags of why I am not 100% sold on him being the right man beyond the end of this season for The Championship rebuild.

Why??

Is what he said wrong??

If you can find more than 5 fans who weren’t clambering at the club to stump
Up to buy the lad back when then I will be amazed.

Literally everyone thought it was a great signing given his performances for Swansea and inclusion in Liverpool squads.
So suggesting Wilder is talking shite in what he’s said is just jumping in what’s happened like we all knew it was sting at the time and he and the club are some kind of idiot and liars!

Do you think he DIDNT do the diligence? That we didn’t bother with a medical?? That having survived one season easily and knowing Sharp needed to be replaced buying an England U/21 striker for £20m we were confident this was a purchase with suture value?

Hindsight is great, but nobody could have predicted the luck he’s had with muscle injuries would happen…he’s not the only one though is he!
Berge, Lowe, RND, McB, Fleck, Bogle, JOC….all huge players for us at various times since Brewster arrived and all spent huge periods of that time injured.

I just don’t get why some fans seem to think it’s a good idea NOT to back the lad to the hilt. Nobody can level a lack of professionalism at him, the lads done his best and just not had a run to get himself going and confident.
You can bet as soon as he’s gone he’ll bag shit loads for someone. Then those same “fans” will find a way to spin it around and blame someone!!

Sigh…..

Look, We are much better since Wilder came back and I am pleased he seems to have abandoned his pig headed insistence of 5-3-2 which we were all heartily sick of…

….however when he makes statements like this it raises all the red flags of why I am not 100% sold on him being the right man beyond the end of this season for The Championship rebuild.
Same as when he said the Brewster tackle wasn’t a red.

It absolutely was

If you are trying to sell a car, you don't say engines screwed and its got 4 flat tyres. I think that's what wilder is doing, trying to make him still look attractive to other clubs

What’s he going to say?

“I spunked £23m on a lad who’s either crocked or shite. Want him off the books ASAP. And he’s a Dickhead to boot.”

Said he’s got the right attitude, he’s been unlucky with injuries and has something to prove, which is only going to happen if he plays and scores goals.

Not sure what you’re expecting.

no of course not but a wiser animal is slightly more self reflective and doesn’t take the fans for fools by stating black is white.. the thing is I fully think he believes what he says here and it’s not to defend or stand by Brewster, all that waffle about due diligence is more to defend himself

Last edited:
You can’t really blame Wilder for what he’s said. I wouldn’t expect him to say otherwise.

Those fans with working eyes all know that Brewster isn’t anywhere near being up to scratch at any of the levels he’s played at for us so far though.

no of course not but a wiser animal is slightly more self reflective and doesn’t take the fans for fools by stating black is white.. the thing is I fully think he believes what he says here and it’s not to defend or stand by Brewster, all that waffle about due diligence is more to defend himself
If he wants to publicly back the player, he has to say he stands by his decision. 2 sides of the same coin. No way he can admit fault for a transfer without throwing Brewster under the bus.

He hasn’t said Brewster has been a roaring success, which would be calling black, white. He’s said:

He was highly regarded
They did due diligence on fitness
He’s been unlucky with injuries
Attitude remains very good
Jury’s out
Only consistent performances will change that

Suggest pragmatically all of the above is true. With the benefit of hindsight he’s been useless, but that doesn’t nullify any of the points above.

If he wants to publicly back the player, he has to say he stands by his decision. 2 sides of the same coin. No way he can admit fault for a transfer without throwing Brewster under the bus.

He hasn’t said Brewster has been a roaring success, which would be calling black, white. He’s said:

He was highly regarded
They did due diligence on fitness
He’s been unlucky with injuries
Attitude remains very good
Jury’s out
Only consistent performances will change that

Suggest pragmatically all of the above is true. With the benefit of hindsight he’s been useless, but that doesn’t nullify any of the points above.

Fair enough

Same as when he said the Brewster tackle wasn’t a red.

It absolutely was
Of course it was. I think Wilder knows that as well but this point has been to highlight the inconsistency in VAR given that Brentford's Onyeka got away with a far worse assault on Souza.

You can’t really blame Wilder for what he’s said. I wouldn’t expect him to say otherwise.

Those fans with working eyes all know that Brewster isn’t anywhere near being up to scratch at any of the levels he’s played at for us so far though.
Good job the reporter didn't ask you the question about Brewster mate 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom