Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s happening at other clubs …there’s no give in the modern pitches maybe that should be looked at

Hecky used to say there was too much give in our training pitch. :)

Footy is an awash with money at the top. I’ve no doubt that sports scientists and medics know exactly the strains on today’s players. It’s no coincidence the rules are changing to allow the top clubs to sustain higher intensity for longer.

I agree - but I was thinking based on number of games played / goals etc. There can’t be that many much worse at other clubs.

I think That makes five season ending injures he’s had by the age of 23? he is knackered , he will have to retire within the next couple of years

Keep starting him. We need to find out how many games he can even start in a row.

If he gets a sizeable injury between now and may, the club needs to plan for next season without him.
Yep. It’s over. Can’t even consider him part of the squad next season.

Gutted, what an awful episode for the club and god knows how Rhian feels having his career basically taken from him.

No sympathy for anyone picking big bucks up for nowt .... can only think of MPs on a similar money train!

You could say that for all players really. A lot of people play football for nowt. I imagine injury rehab is the shittiest part of the job. Playing the best.

People like 247 want us to sign xyz on 100k a week if they get injured why have we signed xyz

What is wrong at the lane ? Can not remember so many injuries hitting a club over a long period of 3 or 4 years . This can not be bad luck over such a long time . Maybe over one season but not over 3 or 4 seasons .

Gutted for Brewster. IMO, if he can recover from this setback, the best he can realistically hope for in the future is to play at a lower level where the physical demands on his body/hamstrings would be hopefully low enough for him to compete!?.
Sadly, I see this as the end of his time at BDTBL once his contract expires (if not before!) and can only wish him luck in the future.

Untill the mutually signed contract ends .and rightly so
I agree contracts a contract some more expensive than others. This one has worked out very expensive with very little return unfortunately …win some lose some

Tom Little the fitness guru who came from PNE is he any good,what his record like at PNE did they have lots and lots of crocks in the squad.

Tom Little the fitness guru who came from PNE is he any good,what his record like at PNE did they have lots and lots of crocks in the squad.
Fuck Tom Little, get Tom Riddle in as head of shithousing, won't improve our injury record but has a proven track record in the dark arts.

Or Nelson Riddle, maybe he could orchestrate a revival

No sympathy for anyone picking big bucks up for nowt .... can only think of MPs on a similar money train!
I get the analogy but MPs don’t get anywhere close to 1.8million a year. It’s not his fault but the contract is obscene. A wage cap needs to be brought into football which brings them in line with the other top paid salary’s (doctors, lawyers etc).

Pretty poor comment. Smacks of jealousy and zero compassion.
Do me a favour. The bloke has earned more this season than the majority of fans will do in their whole working lives. I’m sure he will be disappointed not to be able to play for a few months but millions of people are struggling to pay their mortgages and feed their kids at the minute, I don’t feel sorry for a footballer who picks up 35k a week.

Back
Top Bottom