Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Twenty three years old, touted as a star of the future, skating around on thin ice now due to a number of heartbreaking injuries. Fuck how much money we paid for him, fuck how much he's getting paid, we're talking about a young man here who's looking at losing his livelihood and seeing his hopes and dreams crushed. He should have money in the bank, good for him, he's at least had a little luck there and resenting him that's pretty shallow. Have a think before ripping the shit out of him because we were all excited when he signed, he certainly didn't set out to be fucked at 23 so even you internet tough guys need to take a break from spouting your fucking bile on this one.

Do me a favour. The bloke has earned more this season than the majority of fans will do in their whole working lives. I’m sure he will be disappointed not to be able to play for a few months but millions of people are struggling to pay their mortgages and feed their kids at the minute, I don’t feel sorry for a footballer who picks up 35k a week.

I completely agree about anybody on a low wage, struggling to make ends meet, I've been there. Resenting Brewster his pot of gold's misdirected though. You can't blame him for the obscene wages, going way back Sky TV set that ball rolling and as a result, real football's fucked.

Do me a favour. The bloke has earned more this season than the majority of fans will do in their whole working lives. I’m sure he will be disappointed not to be able to play for a few months but millions of people are struggling to pay their mortgages and feed their kids at the minute, I don’t feel sorry for a footballer who picks up 35k a week.
Alright mate we get it you're bitter about your life
Don't have to keep banging on about it

I completely agree about anybody on a low wage, struggling to make ends meet, I've been there. Resenting Brewster his lot of gold's misdirected though. You can't blame him for the obscene wages, going way back, Sky TV set that ball rolling and as a result, real football's fucked.
I don’t resent him for earning the money he does. Good for him. But I don’t have a massive amount of sympathy for him either. The money he has earned in the last 4 years he’ll be set for life. He can afford to travel the world and have a fabulous life even if he gave up football today.

I don’t resent him for earning the money he does. Good for him. But I don’t have a massive amount of sympathy for him either. The money he has earned in the last 4 years he’ll be set for life. He can afford to travel the world and have a fabulous life even if he gave up football today.
You're so apathetic about it you chose to let everyone know

Have a think before ripping the shit out of him……
……………………you internet tough guys need to take a break from spouting your fucking bile on this one.
I’ve had a thought, and while it’s certainly a shame that a young man potentially will have to have a change of career at 23, it’s also a shame that we spent so much money on a player who’s spent the majority of his time as a Sheffield United player unable to do his exceptionally well paid job because he’s been injured a lot.

I assume he's made many sacrifices at a young age to try and make a career out of something he loves doing, which now looks like it could be all over in his early 20s. That's why I have sympathy for him. Yes he earns loads of money, because the game attracts loads of money because people find it entertaining and he's one of a tiny minority of the population able (until recently) to play to the required standard. I'm fairly sure he didn't get into football just to make money.

I assume he's made many sacrifices at a young age to try and make a career out of something he loves doing, which now looks like it could be all over in his early 20s. That's why I have sympathy for him. Yes he earns loads of money, because the game attracts loads of money because people find it entertaining and he's one of a tiny minority of the population able (until recently) to play to the required standard. I'm fairly sure he didn't get into football just to make money.
He was fortunate enough to be given natural ability to do something that pays a lot of money for a short period of time, but wasn’t given the body to do it for very long. I’m not saying he hasn’t made some sacrifices but there’s a lot of people who I’d feel sorry for before a multi millionaire 23 year old!

I get the analogy but MPs don’t get anywhere close to 1.8million a year. It’s not his fault but the contract is obscene. A wage cap needs to be brought into football which brings them in line with the other top paid salary’s (doctors, lawyers etc).
There are approx 5,500 pro footballers in this country, a very small percentage of which are PL players, out of a population of 67M. There are approx 212,000 laywers and 376,000 doctors. It's about supply and demand in the labour market, of course top players are going to earn a lot more than lawyers or doctors.

I’ve had a thought, and while it’s certainly a shame that a young man potentially will have to have a change of career at 23, it’s also a shame that we spent so much money on a player who’s spent the majority of his time as a Sheffield United player unable to do his exceptionally well paid job because he’s been injured a lot.

I don't disagree with that, it's the personal shit that's fucking cringeworthy.

There are approx 5,500 pro footballers in this country, a very small percentage of which are PL players, out of a population of 67M. There are approx 212,000 laywers and 376,000 doctors. It's about supply and demand in the labour market, of course top players are going to earn a lot more than lawyers or doctors.
Are you arguing that the money you earn should reflect how many of you are employed in a certain profession? If so 1040 segmental pavers are going to love this argument!

That the money, houses, cars, girls and lifestyle will keep him warm at night. He doesn’t need your tears Frank.
Well let's hope the next time one of our players doesn't prove value for money he ends up sucking cock For crack money

Are you arguing that the money you earn should reflect how many of you are employed in a certain profession? If so 1040 segmental pavers are going to love this argument!
I'm arguing that there's a shit load of money in football because people find it entertaining so TV companies pay lots for rights, sponsors pay lots for advertising etc, so it's only right that the main people providing the entertainment should be paid accordingly.

In your world of players being paid the same as lawyers and doctors who is pocketing the rest of the money?

Out of interest what's the commercial value of segmental paving, on the global stag🤦‍♂️

Absolutely gutting news. Frustrating as anything and i’m sure he will be distraught at the news. Poor kid but sadly i think this signals the end of the road for him with us. I think he has some great qualities but staying fit just sadly isn’t one.

You just know he will go somewhere else at the end of the season and tear it up (hopefully not another hammy), probably injury free as well.

His time with us is just sadly not to be.

He will be here until Summer 2025 when his contract expires. Absolutely zero chance anyone will pay any money for him with his injury record. Unless he gets fit & plays 6 months next season - he will exit on a free & if he is lucky get a contract at bottom end Championship / top end League 1 - maybe on a pay as you play basis.

I'm arguing that there's a shit load of money in football because people find it entertaining so TV companies pay lots for rights, sponsors pay lots for advertising etc, so it's only right that the main people providing the entertainment should be paid accordingly.

In your world of players being paid the same as lawyers and doctors who is pocketing the rest of the money?

Out of interest what's the commercial value of segmental paving, on the global stag🤦‍♂️
Well I’d start by making football affordable. £25 max ticket prices, £10 a month sky sports subscription. I’d put more money back into grass roots football and pay women footballer better. I’d invest in facilities at the ground, improve the training centre and all aspects of the club. Anything left over give to charitable causes and for making the local area a nicer place to live. Surely that would be better than giving it to a 23 year old to buy another sports car or mansion with?

Well I’d start by making football affordable. £25 max ticket prices, £10 a month sky sports subscription. I’d put more money back into grass roots football and pay women footballer better. I’d invest in facilities at the ground, improve the training centre and all aspects of the club. Anything left over give to charitable causes and for making the local area a nicer place to live. Surely that would be better than giving it to a 23 year old to buy another sports car or mansion with?
Great in theory and if every club adopted the philosophy it would be wonderful, however pushing water up hill only leads to eventually drowning

I mean, that's a totally different point. But yeah, maybe in an ideal world, perhaps. Back on planet earth, young PL players, the elite of the elite, earn loads of money.

The Footballing Gods are not giving us any breaks. Just when you have a glimmer of hope they come along with a massive wrecking ball and unleash the Shirecliffe Snipers.
Lets face it in hindsight we were relegated before a PL minute was played.

Part of his job is resting and rehabbing from injuries when injured. I'd hazard the shittiest part of the job. He hasn't gone on strike or something.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom