Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know footballers are just a commodity but it would be good to see a little more compassion and empathy with Rhiann. For someone who must be desperate to play I don't know how he keeps his spirits up. The cynics will say the money helps but not being able to do the thing you love through your 20s must be incredibly depressing. He's never going to get another chance

Out of interest, how many hamstrings does a person have? this lad seems to have numerous that are all not up to the job of being a professional footballer. Feel for him personally, but a disaster of a signing for the Blades.
You have 3 hammy's in each leg

According to Alan Nixon, it is correct.

The club surely has to just consider paying up his contract now to get him off our books. I know it's over a year of wages but we are paying it anyway for him just to do nothing. Least we'd save on medical bills and show we are not putting up with carrying people. Is that harsh?

4 goals in 4 seasons. No Premier league goals. Always injured and had about 2 or 3 decent games in that entire spell.

An absolutely disastrous signing. 23 million pounds completely wasted.

Think he will probably pack up in the next few years too.
He's still played more senior minutes behind closed doors than in front of fans.

Best for all parties is to move on. He gets to choose whete he goes without urgency, maybe even a different country. United don't waste time giving minutes to a player who won't be here after next season and get to focus on Osula

I know footballers are just a commodity but it would be good to see a little more compassion and empathy with Rhiann. For someone who must be desperate to play I don't know how he keeps his spirits up. The cynics will say the money helps but not being able to do the thing you love through your 20s must be incredibly depressing. He's never going to get another chance
Great post and nice to see a bit of empathy and humanity amongst all the mean spirited shit that gets spouted on here sometimes.

Not sure telling one of the most popular players at the club that we couldn't be arsed with him any more would send the message to the rest of the players that you're thinking of.
At some point it becomes like having a ghost in the squad. Everyone knows he's leaving next summer.

I think a sensible parting of the ways, as long as he agrees would be best for all involved. If he says no, you treat his injuries and watch him go next June anyway

Bet his num has sore fingers from writing all these sick notes.

Time for us to tear up his contract. What a catastrophic waste of money.

Feel for the kid but he’ll never have to work a day in his life even if he retires today if he’s smart with his money.

It's illegal to rip up contracts.

We could make an offer to pay up his contract early, lets say off him 80% of his future income
and tell him he's free to leave on a free transfer and play for someone else negotiating a new salary

however his situation is so bad he may as well sit on his SUFC contract until it expires.

Although he's clearly popular and likeable....agree with others who say he must be the worse signing in our history.

It's illegal to rip up contracts.

We could make an offer to pay up his contract early, lets say off him 80% of his future income
and tell him he's free to leave on a free transfer and play for someone else negotiating a new salary

however his situation is so bad he may as well sit on his SUFC contract until it expires.

Although he's clearly popular and likeable....agree with others who say he must be the worse signing in our history.
Yeah, I meant the very literal meaning of the phrase 😂😂

Just hasn't worked for him. I'm devastated for him, and us. We all want it to work out so bad.

He gets a bad rep because of his price tag IMO. If he's cost £3m, he wouldn't get the stick he does.

Can clearly see the player in there, he just hasn't managed to get a run of games under his belt since we signed him.

His longest run of starts in a row is 3 games. He has achieved this feat just 4 times. Three of those were in his first season with us - behind closed doors.
The last time he played 3 consecutive games was early Hecky days, just after Slav. His 3rd consecutive game was Peterborough away where he went off before 30mins... his last appearance of the season (Jan 2022)

Strength & Conditioning team need replacing en-masse; they’re letting the players down…this is not an isolated example of an unlucky player
I've discussed this before. One problem with a lot of S&C coaches is the tendency to do too much. And the tendency to do fancy exercises for muscles that aren't designed to be put under that kind of stress. No idea if that is what is happening but it definitely needs looking at.

Unfortunate for the player, if true, but his injury history suggests this was always going to happen. Before this season started Brewster had missed a total of 1005 days through injury since 17/18. Thats 123 games missed, nearly 3 full seasons out of 5. Add in 23/24 unavailability and it makes grim reading. Most of the absences relate to a serious ankle injury at Liverpool and hamstring issues for the Blades. The figures don't take into account when he was a youngster at Chelsea he also experienced a long term injury.

It does call into question SUFC's due diligence in assessing a players previous medical history prior to transfer. The information was available to the recruitment team

Our medical facilities are sub standard especially post injury recovery for an EPL club but the blame can't solely be laid at this door. Its not just about conditioning. If you only got a portakabin for hydrotherapy its going to hold back speed of recovery.

We were told there was going to be a thorough review of how we managed injuries as a Club but as usual the silence is deafening on the outcome. Whilst there has to be sympathy for a young player who looks like his career will be seriously impacted by this latest setback there can be no sympathy for a cumbersome out of date recruitment process that will cost the club in excess of £30 million with little or no resale value.

His only reputation is for been consistently injured

Hopefully he’s got a very good agent as now the time to earn his coin - can’t see beyond a couple of grand a week and a decent paying/goal bonus

From a club perspective time to let him go, can’t have someone taking a number that’s not fit for purpose 80% of the time

Feel for the lad but fresh start time for all

His sad story continues.

Feel for the lad. He would have been enthused by the positive feedback from his last game and now this.

Adds further ruination to our season. What is it now? 5 or 6 first choice defensive options out; Basham, Egan, Anel, Norrington-Davies, Lowe plus Baldock not played yet, Slimane, then McBurnie, Brewster, Archer, Jebbison or Brereton-Diaz out or not fit to start?

Don't know how any manager is supposed to manage through that, with such a weak squad overall.

Yet again we are wishing a season away and the ship is going down with hardly any fit crewmates!

What an absolute shitter for the boy. He seems a really nice lad who has worked hard to come back from 2 serious injuries. This is really going to test his mental fortitude and I hope he's got the right support around him.

YorkBlade interview with Kabba comes to mind. Kabba admits his body was maybe not upto to rigours of the game and why he had so many injuries through out his career.
At 18.16 mins in.

Remember him playing quite a few games, him and webber/shipperley upfront at the beginning of the promotion season comes to kknd

Back
Top Bottom