Brewster; I don't want to be unkind but...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All joking aside that penalty save from Brewster is one of the best penalty saves I’ve ever seen

Not a very good pen tho, nice height for the keeper to save. The pen foderingham saves straight after is more or less identical...

How good are some of the saves during the game from foderingham tho, the one near the end of normal time is brilliant, other than a few nervous moments I think he's looked like a good keeper so far

He is one of the most talented English players but he needs to grow up more you ask about the strikers earlier we are trying to find a balance and we play him number 10 or a winger they are all looking to be on the pitch he needs to find the capacity to adapt to a different role and we can see what type of progress we can make

SJ today

Well Slew scored a screamer for us, he's level with him now at least ;)

So was I then he was crap for the rest of the game.
That shot late in first half when he should have played Billy in, shocking

While Sharp is excellent all the time.
I take it you wasn't around when Keith Edwards played because he did F@$k all most of the time.

While Sharp is excellent all the time.
I take it you wasn't around when Keith Edwards played because he did F@$k all most of the time.
I was actually and Keith scored loads of goals for us.
Brewster doubled his tally for us today to a very impressive 2 goals

Credit where due. Fantastic finish. The still image he's put on his Instagram shows what fine technique it took. I'd give them two a little run together up top for now. The seasons a write off so we might as well try a few things.

Credit where due. Fantastic finish. The still image he's put on his Instagram shows what fine technique it took. I'd give them two a little run together up top for now. The seasons a write off so we might as well try a few things.
Did he also put on the crap shot he had later and the miss against Forest?

This post actually infuriates me, we've just been spanked 3-1 and he's busy updating his social media to make himself look like Bergkamp? Lads a twat and needs to leave this club ASAP 😠

This post actually infuriates me, we've just been spanked 3-1 and he's busy updating his social media to make himself look like Bergkamp? Lads a twat and needs to leave this club ASAP 😠
Lads had pelters for a year, been a figure of fun and he's finally got something to latch onto to go forward with. Kindly fuck off

Lads had pelters for a year, been a figure of fun and he's finally got something to latch onto to go forward with. Kindly fuck off
Disgraceful ...the reality is that he’s an immature brainless idiot who doesn’t have the application to improve as a professional .....

So was I then he was crap for the rest of the game.
That shot late in first half when he should have played Billy in, shocking
His post match interview was good and mature. Without prompting he said the rest of his game yesterday was poor.
He knows what is wrong and is working to improve. Stick with him and we may see a decent player.

If a striker scores and works his balls off then he’s done an ok job for me. He did both of those yesterday. Lost count of the number of times he ran back 60-70 yards to fill in at full back to get Stevens and Osborn out of the shit. Of course his all round game can improve and hopefully it will given a run of games but he probably did as much as anyone to help the team yesterday.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

We've paid 24 million for one goal that counts for nothing. But I suppose it's better than 24 million for zero goals.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

We've paid 24 million for one goal that counts for nothing. But I suppose it's better than 24 million for zero goals.
Hi 1973Blade here.
Actually he has scored two goals (including the League Cup). No need to thank me. 😀

Someone has given him that kick up the arse, not before time. Hopefully we now see a mature player instead of the childish boy, he’s a player and anyone who can’t see that has no clue whatsoever about football, they only player (and MGW) at the club who could execute that volley, he’ll come good.

I can't bring myself to trawl through so many pages that I've missed, but I get the sense that people still have faith in Brewster.

For the love of god - this man's got more lives than Sander Berge with some people. :oops:

Having watched Brewster for awhile and having looked at his goals at Swansea. I have come to the conclusion that he is a one trick pony.
Most of his goals have been from first time efforts where he swings at a cross. Looks good when it comes off. But he needs lots of opportunities to get a goal.

I am surprised that as an England youth International that he doesn't have more to his game. His first touch, passing, reading of the game, ability to hold up the ball are average at best.

His best position to me seems to be up top in a two man forward line where a strong forward can create chances for him. I suspect that Slav playing him on the right hand side is to get him to improve his around game. Passing and movement etc. He needs to improve the weaker aspects of his game very quickly or be in danger of becoming anonymous. I hope he picks it up. Either to contribute enough to get us up the table or to be of interest to other clubs so we can claw back some of the money spent.

I am not sure what Wilder and the recruitment team were doing when the should have been doing analysis. They should have seen his limitations and not have fallen for Liverpools valuation.

Having watched Brewster for awhile and having looked at his goals at Swansea. I have come to the conclusion that he is a one trick pony.
Most of his goals have been from first time efforts where he swings at a cross. Looks good when it comes off. But he needs lots of opportunities to get a goal.

I am surprised that as an England youth International that he doesn't have more to his game. His first touch, passing, reading of the game, ability to hold up the ball are average at best.

His best position to me seems to be up top in a two man forward line where a strong forward can create chances for him. I suspect that Slav playing him on the right hand side is to get him to improve his around game. Passing and movement etc. He needs to improve the weaker aspects of his game very quickly or be in danger of becoming anonymous. I hope he picks it up. Either to contribute enough to get us up the table or to be of interest to other clubs so we can claw back some of the money spent.

I am not sure what Wilder and the recruitment team were doing when the should have been doing analysis. They should have seen his limitations and not have fallen for Liverpools valuation.
I'm going for it was total desperation and a panic buy of the highest order. I honestly think Jebbo is better.

Al

Back
Top Bottom