Brewster; I don't want to be unkind but...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
… on the basis of what we've seen, he doesn't look like a professional footballer.

He looks like he'll be lucky to have a career similar to Jordan Slew.

I'd really like us to loan him out somewhere to get some confidence or something back, even if it means paying 100% of his wages.

Very very worrying.

… on the basis of what we've seen, he doesn't look like a professional footballer.

He looks like he'll be lucky to have a career similar to Jordan Slew.

I'd really like us to loan him out somewhere to get some confidence or something back, even if it means paying 100% of his wages.

Very very worrying.

First sentence says it all. He really doesn't does he?

And I don't believe you were going to give the money to charity.

Sorry, wrong guy.

Played for and scored goals for England at a youth world cup, scored goals for another club. Yet he is a bad, clueless footballer. Something doesn't add up. 🤔. The rest of his team mates are playing just as bad. Is that what happened to Billy Sharp a few years ago? Not the England part, but he couldn't score went to Rotherham and banged em in. Hmmm.

A director of football would've worked for Wilder as he was terrible in the transfer market and wasted millions on mediocrity. But he had a specific way of playing with specific roles for players, so the scouts and DoF would've been able to identify players to sign to suit those roles and the system.

Slav hasn't yet established a system, or at least if he has but these pampered, useless wet wipes put no effort into deploying it during matches, so there's no point having a DoF when they wouldn't know who to sign for what position or what specific role.

We are an absolute mess right now and it all traces back to last summer's "best ever transfer window."

Played for and scored goals for England at a youth world cup, scored goals for another club. Yet he is a bad, clueless footballer. Something doesn't add up. 🤔. The rest of his team mates are playing just as bad. Is that what happened to Billy Sharp a few years ago? Not the England part, but he couldn't score went to Rotherham and banged em in. Hmmm.

Same as McBurnie isn’t it. Looked quality at Swansea the season before we signed him. Banged in 20+ goals for a mid-table side and bullied us both times we faced them. Also remember him having a stormer against us at Barnsley.

Has never looked like that player for us.

If it was just Brewster, fair enough, but it's all of them.
I think we have to give the strikers a chance with a new midfield that creates chances for them.
They've all scored goals at previous clubs and funnily enough they've all started shooting blanks at exactly the same time.

If they missed 10 clear cut chances every game then fair enough, but it works both ways, if a striker is expecting the ball he'll move for it, when he knows it ain't coming he'll be caught on his heels the one time in a thousand that it does.

There's no expectation, no rhythm, no habit forming, just constant depression as our midfield ignore your run for 12 solid months and play the ball back to the goalkeeper

Its Funny how This kid turned shit with no service, I wonder how good he’d be with a decent midfield behind him, let’s ask Swansea…..
No service and a shit midfield and one of the Best young prospects in world football turns shit over night…..
Yeah whatever, oh and I never saw slew get a golden boot.
Give the lad the service and he will score!!! Sign Tammy Abraham tomorrow and he’d be fucked here………..

1C6ED9D8-5871-45D3-84F7-BD9473D4609D.png

Its Funny how This kid turned shit with no service, I wonder how good he’d be with a decent midfield behind him, let’s ask Swansea…..
No service and a shit midfield and one of the Best young prospects in world football turns shit over night…..
Give the lad the service and he will score!!! Sign Tammy Abraham tomorrow and he’d be fucked here………..

View attachment 119929
This post……..

THE SERVICE IS WANK

View attachment 119929

Still got time to prove himself. The mark of a true goal getter though is how opportunistic they are when nothing is happening around them - aka Billy Sharp. Many of Brewster's shots end up in someone's gravy in the stands.

View attachment 119929
There is a whole list of players who showed promise at youth level but couldnt or struggled to make the step up, have the ssme impact as a senior. Its a massive step up. Yes he has poor service but at present he couldnt trap a bag of cement and seems to have issues with his decision making, his runs, his positioning...he's a busted flush. Maybe its a confidence thing, I dont know as I dont know him.

View attachment 119929
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 "Best young prospects in world football" mate. He'd not be playing for us in the championship if that's the case. He's shit. He'll disappear into the ether within 3 years. Next Robbie Fowler? More likely the next Jordan slew.

View attachment 119929
Oh. Just to add that's the best young prospect in world football. Brewster falls waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down that list.

Attachments

• newFile-9.jpg
    newFile-9.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 5
I kept a good eye on Brewster vs Huddersfield and he made alot of decent moves in the middle to create space and runs but not once did any of our midfield even conceive the idea of playing the ball through the middle. He's a young player with a big price hanging above his head and very little confidence at the moment. It's our job to nurture him as fans too. Yes in his 20 mins or so today he miscontrolled the ball and did an awful attempt at a cross but we all need to lay off a little. Fact of the matter is, he cost a lot of money, money that is likely now restricting our finances for new players, which is not his fault. Lets not turn on him and remind ourselves how poor the service to all our forwards has been for the last year

I kept a good eye on Brewster vs Huddersfield and he made alot of decent moves in the middle to create space and runs but not once did any of our midfield even conceive the idea of playing the ball through the middle. He's a young player with a big price hanging above his head and very little confidence at the moment. It's our job to nurture him as fans too. Yes in his 20 mins or so today he miscontrolled the ball and did an awful attempt at a cross but we all need to lay off a little. Fact of the matter is, he cost a lot of money, money that is likely now restricting our finances for new players, which is not his fault. Lets not turn on him and remind ourselves how poor the service to all our forwards has been for the last year
There were also a couple of crosses into the box where he hid yesterday, kind of ducked out of the way and let the defenders have it.

The lad up front for Luton, whist not great, was much better than brewster and mcburnie, surely we can bring someone like that in for peanuts

I've said a few times that Brewster worries me more than anyone else in the team. If you look at other big money signings: Berge and Mcburnie, both have shown flashes of quality. Berge struggles to show it consistently and isn't up for a scrap, but in every game he has at least one moment where he gets the ball at his feet and looks quality.
McBurnie is the opposite to Berge in that he's generally more interested in a scrap than playing football, but again he's had good games and shows moments.

Brewster I'm really struggling to see what he actually contributes, I know service is poor, but he still touches the ball less than any other striker. Sometimes with him and Fleck it feels like 9 men.

I've said a few times that Brewster worries me more than anyone else in the team. If you look at other big money signings: Berge and Mcburnie, both have shown flashes of quality. Berge struggles to show it consistently and isn't up for a scrap, but in every game he has at least one moment where he gets the ball at his feet and looks quality.
McBurnie is the opposite to Berge in that he's generally more interested in a scrap than playing football, but again he's had good games and shows moments.

Brewster I'm really struggling to see what he actually contributes, I know service is poor, but he still touches the ball less than any other striker. Sometimes with him and Fleck it feels like 9 men.

I watched him against Carlisle. Asides from the goal, which anyone could have scored, he was appalling against League 2 opposition. He had a shot which nearly hit the corner flag.

I would like to know what the club's strategy is for getting the best out of him, should we look at/for players to compliment him or write him off?

Back
Top Bottom