Brewster for England

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm sat in s pub not watching the match and drinking a few beers ,I couldn't say how he's playing

I sort of watched it, he took his penalty well and did okay when he got the ball..

But…

For a striker / forward his off the ball movement and anticipation is terrible, people say it will come.... Will it? He’s surely played enough and watched enough now to know where a forward should be in relation to where the ball is in an attack?

Who’s to say he’s training that way, Slav looks like he’s training him to play out wide.
maybe wrong but that’s what it looks like even more so that we didn’t get any wingers in, totally different positioning

For a striker / forward his off the ball movement and anticipation is terrible,

It seemed to be fine when he made the run and got brought down for the penalty
But not seen enough of that in a Red and White shirt
Lets see what he can do with a midfield that might create a few more opportunities for him

I sort of watched it, he took his penalty well and did okay when he got the ball..

But…

For a striker / forward his off the ball movement and anticipation is terrible, people say it will come.... Will it? He’s surely played enough and watched enough now to know where a forward should be in relation to where the ball is in an attack?

I felt the same about DCL. I thought he had all the physical attributes but never quite knew where to be and therefore games passed him by. A defenders dream to mark.

How wrong was I.

Good movement to win the pen and put it away well even though he looked very nervous taking it. But he was barely involved as he seldom is. He just doesn’t get in the right positions, demand the ball or put himself about. It was no surprise when he was subbed after just 65 mins.

Really want him to do well but as time goes on the less confident I am that he has the ability to turn things around. The fee we paid looks ludicrous.

As an aside I thought that was a really poor England u21 team and 2-0 flattered us.

Good movement to win the pen and put it away well even though he looked very nervous taking it. But he was barely involved as he seldom is. He just doesn’t get in the right positions, demand the ball or put himself about. It was no surprise when he was subbed after just 65 mins.

Really want him to do well but as time goes on the less confident I am that he has the ability to turn things around. The fee we paid looks ludicrous.

As an aside I thought that was a really poor England u21 team and 2-0 flattered us.
Sums it up well.

Agree, he took the pen well, but overall he just doesn't look the part, he just seems to be making the numbers up. I hope he proves me wrong but from what I've seen looks well out of his depth.

We haven't really played to his strengths since he signed. In fact we haven't played full stop since he signed. For well over a year now the forwards have been feeding on scraps. He has the pace but there has not been any point in making a run as we have just passed it around the midfield before losing it. Hopefully with a few attacking additions in Hourihane and MGW along with Berge making attacking runs, there should be more for the attackers to go with. We should see a more potent attack in the coming weeks. it will take time but it will come good.

I felt the same about DCL. I thought he had all the physical attributes but never quite knew where to be and therefore games passed him by. A defenders dream to mark.

How wrong was I.
I’ve said it before on previous threads but DCL used to hide, he’d make runs but always seemed to have a defender in front of him. Suddenly it changed for him and maybe that was training from Darren Ferguson at Everton. I think Brewster is probably best suited to a wide striker in a 3,

I’ve said it before on previous threads but DCL used to hide, he’d make runs but always seemed to have a defender in front of him. Suddenly it changed for him and maybe that was training from Darren Ferguson at Everton. I think Brewster is probably best suited to a wide striker in a 3,
Serious question but who are our attacking coaches. Both Wilder and knill were defensive players in their hay day. We could really do with someone like Ferguson to work with our forwards.

I just get the feeling that he is a lad very short on confidence, if you watched him he was looking to make runs very half heartedly, maybe slav is the guy to bring the real striker out of him , a few months as a winger might just take off the weight on his shoulders 🤔

Back
Top Bottom