Brewster and McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When we get to 50 pts this season I breath a sigh of relief as it’ll probably get worse before it gets better.

Having seen Brewster's performance tonight it made me sickeningly aware just how much Klopp & the scousers have had our pants down. It's paying him a compliment to say he was 'Rank'. I genuinely wanted him to be our next 'goalscoring hero', and still do, but reality is we would be lucky to get £230,000 of the £23m we paid for him at present.
IMHO, McBurnie is no longer interested in having to play football (unless it's FIFA!?). He has a big signing on fee swelling his bank account, the big motor, the big house with his mates round regular!, and actually playing football is now a (seemingly unwanted!) distraction, it's secondary to him. On the rare occasion he gets on the pitch, he is a 25yr old playing with the demeanour of a 55yr old, but with less effort. It's sad, but he's not the first youngster to lose interest and drop away once the cash comes in!!.
Hence, until competent replacements are forthcoming!, we have, for the foreseeable future, an age-combined 80yr old pairing up front, who much though we love em, are now shadows of their former footballing selves!.

Such is the life & strife of being a Blade!!!!
UTB

Thought Brewstyer was good last night 2 he could have scored but all strikers miss some
the tricks creating the chances

he ran their defence ragged for 70 minutes and only taking him off let them come forward in numbers
whilst he and Ndiaye were on

bringing on mcBurnie we gave them room to attack we went from dominance to defensive

I agree with Brewster & McButnie (if fit) for the rest of the season but on one condition. If they do manage to turn it around - even slightly - then we unload the useless twats in a heartbeat should there be the slightest bit of interest ...
Jebbisin & Ndiaye for me next season with Billy in a player coach role....

Don’t get me wrong, McBurnie has been fucking shit for the best part of 2 seasons and does not in any way deserve another chance…..but the alternative is to write off £20m and offload him for close to free. Unfortunately giving him another go and hoping he comes good is the only sensible course of action.
Sensible alongside a scorer who is in form. Put two who top who aren't hitting the net and you have problems.

Having seen Brewster's performance tonight it made me sickeningly aware just how much Klopp & the scousers have had our pants down. It's paying him a compliment to say he was 'Rank'. I genuinely wanted him to be our next 'goalscoring hero', and still do, but reality is we would be lucky to get £230,000 of the £23m we paid for him at present.
IMHO, McBurnie is no longer interested in having to play football (unless it's FIFA!?). He has a big signing on fee swelling his bank account, the big motor, the big house with his mates round regular!, and actually playing football is now a (seemingly unwanted!) distraction, it's secondary to him. On the rare occasion he gets on the pitch, he is a 25yr old playing with the demeanour of a 55yr old, but with less effort. It's sad, but he's not the first youngster to lose interest and drop away once the cash comes in!!.
Hence, until competent replacements are forthcoming!, we have, for the foreseeable future, an age-combined 80yr old pairing up front, who much though we love em, are now shadows of their former footballing selves!.

Such is the life & strife of being a Blade!!!!
UTB

Really? I thought he was excellent missed a very good chance but linked up play very well and looked dangerous

Not sure what people expect he’s been out for 6 weeks 😂

Thought Brewstyer was good last night 2 he could have scored but all strikers miss some

he ran their defence ragged for 70 minutes and only taking him off let them come forward in numbers

bringing on mcBurnie we gave them room to attack we went from dominance to defensive

Mcburnie wasn’t even in the squad and he’s getting the blame

You mean bringing on McGoldrick?, easy to mistake them though, they both have beards.

It’s scandalous how sharp starts every second of every game it’s madness

The happy clappers who say he scores goals , take a look a that performance tonight he did nothing zilch he stood up front lost the ball whenever it was played up to him and doesn’t worry the Defence at all

Yes he scored a penalty but so what he offers nowt else and playing with him is effectively 10vs10 anyway

I don’t have an agenda vs billy sharp he’s a blades legend always will be

I just don’t get how he starts ahead of all our other strikers it baffles me you can copy and paste that performance for the mad 20 games and copy it for Luton at home on Saturday

He is stunting the growth of mcburnie/Brewster/jebbinson because managers insist on playing him every minute
There were far worse performers than Sharp last night imo. Sharp wasn't great but Robinson and Stevens had absolute shockers. Their performances need addressing far more urgently than Sharp's i reckon.

Say it again so the idiots that think he’s going to roll back the years and become this superstar he was at with Swansea. Absolutely deluded, I hope that kid he had a scrap with f*cking gave him a good hiding
Mcburnie tipped to come "roaring back" according to hecky. My f*cking arse he is

Mcbunies injured what are people on about

He broke his foot the was injured again and now he’s had Covid

Only one way you develop those players is by playing them
We've likely shelled out £112,000 this season alone to McBurnie for a period of time that he's been unavailable simply due to his own life choices and that's not acceptable.

Think of the impact that money would have to most on here. If a fan made similar life choices and worked for Ikea any idea how much Ikea would have paid them? £0.

Really? I thought he was excellent missed a very good chance but linked up play very well and looked dangerous

Not sure what people expect he’s been out for 6 weeks 😂
Don’t you get it?
“ missed a very good chance”
He’s a £23million striker. Very good chances should be put away.

We've likely shelled out £112,000 this season alone to McBurnie for a period of time that he's been unavailable simply due to his own life choices and that's not acceptable.

Think of the impact that money would have to most on here. If a fan made similar life choices and worked for Ikea any idea how much Ikea would have paid them? £0.

His own life choices ?

Did he decide to break his own foot ?

Did he decide to lick a bat in wuhan ? Is mcburnie now to blame for the pandemic

#BlameMcburnie

His own life choices ?

Did he decide to break his own foot ?

Did he decide to lick a bat in wuhan ? Is mcburnie now to blame for the pandemic

#BlameMcburnie
He decided not to get vaccinated.

He decided to dive against Southampton, causing that ridiculous injury a week after his only good game last season.

He decided to rise to the bait of those lads abusing him.

He decided not to get vaccinated.

He decided to dive against Southampton, causing that ridiculous injury a week after his only good game last season.

He decided to rise to the bait of those lads abusing him.

"He decided not to get vaccinated." - Not a fact so you don't know that

"He decided to dive against Southampton, causing that ridiculous injury a week after his only good game last season" - Pretty sure he broke his foot in training

"He decided to rise to the bait of those lads abusing him" - He got attacked in the street so defended his self

McB will run down his contract whatever happens, he will be plumping for this as it’s a much bigger pay day with majority of money involved in the transfer going to player and agent.

This is a huge problem, as we could try and play him in the hope he hits form between now and summer break, however i dont think his heart is in it for this very reason outlined above

i think we have two options:

1. take the hit

2. loan him out ASAP to recoup wages, (hopefully) a loan fee and a purchase clause should that team want to make it permanent.

McB will run down his contract whatever happens, he will be plumping for this as it’s a much bigger pay day with majority of money involved in the transfer going to player and agent.

This is a huge problem, as we could try and play him in the hope he hits form between now and summer break, however i dont think his heart is in it for this very reason outlined above

1. take the hit

2. loan him out ASAP to recoup wages, (hopefully) a loan fee and a purchase clause should that team want to make it permanent.

Or... We could just play him ?

Im guessing he has an option for another year like the majority of our signings , so that's 2 and a half years left on his contract

There were far worse performers than Sharp last night imo. Sharp wasn't great but Robinson and Stevens had absolute shockers. Their performances need addressing far more urgently than Sharp's i reckon.
Stevens in particular has been dreadful

Truly woeful

Or... We could just play him ?

Im guessing he has an option for another year like the majority of our signings , so that's 2 and a half years left on his contract
i’m not sure how we could assume that he has an option for another year? and for that to be invoked he needs to actually want to be here

so far this season he has not demonstrated a desire to be here and to play, we know he’s got enough to be decent at championship level, so why have two consecutive managers refused to play him? why the constant sick notes?

1. take the hit

3. Put a jester hat and some shoes with curly toes and bells on him and hire him out for kids parties.

It just shows how things can change looking at some of the earlier opinions, including my own. But it also shows how forgiving fans are if you just put in the hard yards and start doing the business on the pitch.

Remember when McBurnie and Brewster were going to fire us up?

Has that time now come?

With Sander out, Brewster scoring against Stoke and McBurnie getting 5 from his last 7, perhaps now is just the time to put these two together.

Whilst I do think N'Diaye is better at centre forward, he also has the skills for a free role just in behind.

In the absence of Sander and two tens behind a striker, why not just put these two together as a pairing?

Perhaps both are coming into the form to make it work?

I'm reluctant to play with just one number 10 based on how vulnerable our midfield can be to a counter and general pressing on occasion.

But yep good competition to have!

Back
Top Bottom