Brewster and McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

NE Blade

Reaction score
Should start every game (when fit) between now and the end of the season. Not because they’ve earned it. Not even because I have any faith that they’ll come good. But the club has invested a huge amount of money into them, they’re still good ages and have done it at this level before. We need to give them every chance to play themselves into some sort of form to try and protect or recoup some of the huge investment. If we don’t we’re looking down the barrel of being financially ruined. Nothing more and nothing less.

Sharp and McGoldrick will be gone at the end of this season, perhaps next season at a push. Where is the sense in playing them into the ground?

Burke and Mousset should be offloaded during this window, on frees if necessary. Neither has consistently done it at this or indeed any level. Time to get them off the wage bill and cut our losses.

The head needs to start ruling the heart. We don’t have a rich owner. Remember he remortgaged one of his houses for us to manage even with the parachute payments.

Last edited:

Should start every game (when fit) between now and the end of the season. Not because they’ve earned it. Not even because I have any faith that they’ll come good. But the club has invested a huge amount of money into them, they’re still good ages and have done it at this level before. QWe need to give them every chance to play themselves into some sort of form to try and protect or recoup some of the huge investment. If we don’t we’re looking down the barrel of being financially ruined. Nothing more and nothing less.

Sharp and McGoldrick will be gone at the end of this season, perhaps next season at a push. Where is the sense in playing them into the ground?

Burke and Mousset should be offloaded during this window, on frees if necessary. Neither has consistently done it at this or indeed any level. Time to get them off the wage bill and cut our losses.

The head needs to start ruling the heart. We don’t have a rich owner. Remember he remortgaged one of his houses for us to manage even with the parachute payments.
I'd much sooner get rid of the 2 useless twats

Start Brewster.

Mcburnie I don't think makes a blind bit if difference IMO pal

Don’t get me wrong, McBurnie has been fucking shit for the best part of 2 seasons and does not in any way deserve another chance…..but the alternative is to write off £20m and offload him for close to free. Unfortunately giving him another go and hoping he comes good is the only sensible course of action.

It’s scandalous how sharp starts every second of every game it’s madness

The happy clappers who say he scores goals , take a look a that performance tonight he did nothing zilch he stood up front lost the ball whenever it was played up to him and doesn’t worry the Defence at all

Yes he scored a penalty but so what he offers nowt else and playing with him is effectively 10vs10 anyway

I don’t have an agenda vs billy sharp he’s a blades legend always will be

I just don’t get how he starts ahead of all our other strikers it baffles me you can copy and paste that performance for the mad 20 games and copy it for Luton at home on Saturday

He is stunting the growth of mcburnie/Brewster/jebbinson because managers insist on playing him every minute

Should start every game (when fit) between now and the end of the season. Not because they’ve earned it. Not even because I have any faith that they’ll come good. But the club has invested a huge amount of money into them, they’re still good ages and have done it at this level before. We need to give them every chance to play themselves into some sort of form to try and protect or recoup some of the huge investment. If we don’t we’re looking down the barrel of being financially ruined. Nothing more and nothing less.

I hear you. But who is this mcburnie you speak of?

Is McBurnie one of those out with Covid, he's not played for about 2 months it seems, granted we lost a few games in that spell.

Don’t get me wrong, McBurnie has been fucking shit for the best part of 2 seasons and does not in any way deserve another chance…..but the alternative is to write off £20m and offload him for close to free. Unfortunately giving him another go and hoping he comes good is the only sensible course of action.
I agree with you there pal to a point. But let me just put this statement beneath for people to agree to disagree or disagree.

MCBURNIE WILL SIT ON THAT BENCH FOR THE REST OF TIME AND PICK UP HIS 20K A WEEK WITHOUT A CARE IN WORLD.

ALTHOUGH ID LOVE TO BE PROVED WRONG.

Is McBurnie one of those out with Covid, he's not played for about 2 months it seems, granted we lost a few games in that spell.

He got Covid but was suffering from post Covid then he got ill again which knocked him back and made him weak and he's been back trying to improve fitness again from what I read and is not far off.

I agree with you there pal to a point. But let me just put this statement beneath for people to agree to disagree or disagree.

MCBURNIE WILL SIT ON THAT BENCH FOR THE REST OF TIME AND PICK UP HIS 20K A WEEK WITHOUT A CARE IN WORLD.

ALTHOUGH ID LOVE TO BE PROVED WRONG.
Say it again so the idiots that think he’s going to roll back the years and become this superstar he was at with Swansea. Absolutely deluded, I hope that kid he had a scrap with f*cking gave him a good hiding

The happy clappers who say he scores goals , take a look a that performance tonight he did nothing zilch he stood up front lost the ball whenever it was played up to him and doesn’t worry the Defence at all

Yes he scored a penalty but so what he offers nowt else and playing with him is effectively 10vs10 anyway

I just don’t get how he starts ahead of all our other strikers it baffles me you can copy and paste that performance for the mad 20 games and copy it for Luton at home on Saturday

He is stunting the growth of mcburnie/Brewster/jebbinson because managers insist on playing him every minute
But tbh pal mcburnie not bothered Brewster is an apprentice as is jebbison.

Say it again so the idiots that think he’s going to roll back the years and become this superstar he was at with Swansea. Absolutely deluded, I hope that kid he had a scrap with f*cking gave him a good hiding
I think that statement I made pal I'd like to find one person who disagrees.

I’ll have money that Sharp and Mc G will both be here next season

But tbh pal mcburnie not bothered Brewster is an apprentice as is jebbison.

Mcbunies injured what are people on about

He broke his foot the was injured again and now he’s had Covid

Only one way you develop those players is by playing them

All our other strikers. 🙄🤣😂

Last edited:
Can’t McBurnie just fuck off and be an influencer or summat? He’s not a footballer and doesn’t seem arsed about playing for us. Get rid.
I think mcburnie could show a little bit more interest in his career and this club. What gets me pal is you get these knobs that go he's got injuries this that and other.

He's only one in team that can't/don't play regularly. If Billy is doing at 35 and jagielka were doing it last season at 37 or whatever what's mcburnies excuse

Sharp's done fuck all tonight apart from score a penalty, he should only be used as a sub now. Same goes for Didzy neither should be starting.
I think he's so ingrained in this club and rightly so as we all are pal he will always feature.

Brewster is not an apprentice
Hes still learning his trade he's not developed properly yet. Needs another year or so of playing regular football to find that consistency.

Just my genuine opinion before anyone starts wetting there draws

Think he’s Covid free now but Hecky said it hit him like a ton of bricks when he had it and he dropped a load of weight that he couldn’t really afford to lose in the first place. United haven’t said anything more than that but reasonable to assume long covid might be a factor with him

Back
Top Bottom