Brewster and McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let's be honest, both of them are only with us because nobody else would pay to get them. They'll end up leaving for nowt when their contracts run down and they can both move down a division or two to start to look effective. When those wages get freed up, we can look to other options. 'Til then, we're stuck with them both every other game, mixed in with a forlorn hope that geriatric Billy can suddenly rediscover his youth, that Jebbison is actually better than the Vanarama player he looks destined to be, that N'Diaye can conjure something up every game, and that the midfield/wingbacks can chip in. It's been sort of working up until the Brum game, but not so much since.....

I know, they haven’t scored in ages have they..
Let’s face it.

We have seen more than enough of some of our championship rival clubs to understand and accept that our options up top are, bluntly, below par.

We lack pace AND power. Some of them individually significantly lack more than just that.

Exception of course to the excellent Illi but he can’t do it on his own.

I’ll give Sharp a bit more time to prove his legs, at long long last which will be music to some of our fans ears, have not finally gone !

UTB

Let's be honest, both of them are only with us because nobody else would pay to get them. They'll end up leaving for nowt when their contracts run down and they can both move down a division or two to start to look effective. When those wages get freed up, we can look to other options. 'Til then, we're stuck with them both every other game, mixed in with a forlorn hope that geriatric Billy can suddenly rediscover his youth, that Jebbison is actually better than the Vanarama player he looks destined to be, that N'Diaye can conjure something up every game, and that the midfield/wingbacks can chip in. It's been sort of working up until the Brum game, but not so much since.....
Don’t come on here with your positive spin! 😂😏

Depressing but true, I reckon after his bit of a goal glut Mcb will revert back to type.
Add in Osula who's struggling to get game time at Derby and Ndiaye apart, it's a a poor set of strikers we have.

Let’s face it.

We have seen more than enough of some of our championship rival clubs to understand and accept that our options up top are, bluntly, below par.

We lack pace AND power. Some of them individually significantly lack more than just that.

Exception of course to the excellent Illi but he can’t do it on his own.

I’ll give Sharp a bit more time to prove his legs, at long long last which will be music to some of our fans ears, have not finally gone !

UTB
Striker doesn't score in god knows how long = Wank, strikers are judged on goals.
Striker scores 5 in 7 = Wank, it's not just about goals.

I've been on here twice in the last moth or two.
Both times the first threads I've opened is you droning on as always about McBurnie.

There's more to life than Oli.
I don't know what he's done to you to incite this hatred that rages deep inside you, but try and let it go. You'll feel loads better.

Striker doesn't score in god knows how long = Wank, strikers are judged on goals.
Striker scores 5 in 7 = Wank, it's not just about goals.

I've been on here twice in the last moth or two.
Both times the first threads I've opened is you droning on as always about McBurnie.

There's more to life than Oli.
I don't know what he's done to you to incite this hatred that rages deep inside you, but try and let it go. You'll feel loads better.

I was going to disagree with his comment about how our strikers are 'below par' by pointing out that we've scored more goals than any other team in the division but I couldn't really be bothered...

We may be top scorers but let’s be honest, both are rubbish …Mcburnie could restore some faith by notching 20+ this season - but he won’t, whilst Brewster will eventually leave on a free and be remembered as being our worst ever big money signing ….would love to be proved wrong but it’s very unlikely…..every time I look at him I think of Bingo’s (Klopp) laughing face….

McBurnie is showing he has worth at this level. Brewster's finish on Sat was good, and I do think he "could" come good too.
It could be with Brewster he will get better the more he plays and the more comfortable he is again. For me, he is often trying too hard to score, I genuinely think he needs to be more of a poacher and just running off defenders. Forget nearly everything else.

Sharp I'm sure will still have some use, just needs a chance or two and he scores, but he is at the end of the career.

N'Diaye is an absolute prospect.

Jebbison isn't really getting much time here and is yet to impress too much. Still has time of course.

I feel like if unless Brewster or Jebbison start chipping in with some more. Or Sharp isn't really getting there either we need another option in Jan.
A loan could be fine but just something really. Be good to get a player with some power and pace. Keinan Davis would have been a shout.

It’s amazing we are top of the league;
Our strikers are shit
Ndiaye can only last 70 minutes
Berge only plays for 5 minutes
Norwood is slow and only plays ping
Egan is slow
Baldock is only good defensively
Mcatee is too young/weak/inexperienced
Fleck is shit and should have been sold
Basham is past it
The left side of defence is shit (all of them though RND is giving 100%)
Doyle is ok
Wes is ok
Hecky doesn’t have a clue away from home

How the hell are we top of the league?🤷‍♂️

Our strikers are shit
Egan is slow
Basham is past it
Doyle is ok
Wes is ok

Some of them points are correct. But Doyle and Wes always get good praise..

I fear we won't create enough by starting with two strikers. McBurnie to start with Ndiaye and one of McAtee/Khadra who can drop off and create more.

Not having a go at the young lad Brewster, but he definitely didn't mean to put the ball where he did for his goal at the weekend! 🤣
He shaped his body to put the ball back across to the left hand side of the goal, but snatched at it and shanked it to the right.
Unless he's unbelievably skilled at sending the keeper the wrong way that is! 🤣
They all count though, and I'm glad he's off the mark. Maybe that'll settle him down now - I understand his finishing is top class in training, I think the occasion must get to him during a match?

Our strikers are shit
Egan is slow
Basham is past it
Doyle is ok
Wes is ok

Aside from our rise up with Wilder and even then every season Sharp kept getting written off. As a fanbase we don't half like writing our own players off at times.

S.Quinn used to get some right stick until he wasn't here any more and then we realised he wasn't that bad after all!

Not having a go at the young lad Brewster, but he definitely didn't mean to put the ball where he did for his goal at the weekend! 🤣
He shaped his body to put the ball back across to the left hand side of the goal, but snatched at it and shanked it to the right.
Unless he's unbelievably skilled at sending the keeper the wrong way that is! 🤣
They all count though, and I'm glad he's off the mark. Maybe that'll settle him down now - I understand his finishing is top class in training, I think the occasion must get to him during a match?
What a ridiculous take , so if we are talking like that are we going to praise him for times he’s aimed for goal and missed ?

I'm not for judging players too harshly until they've had a run of games (unless it's exceptionally bad).

Rhian Brewster has never had the full backing of our management at this level. He's never been allowed a run of half a dozen games to find his feet.

He scored 1 in 2 as a 19 y old with Swansea. He's got pace and an accurate and powerful shot that he likes to use quickly (one touch, bang).
He'll be a very good player, at least - at this level, eventually. Hopefully it's here and hopefully it's soon.

Back
Top Bottom