Brewster and McBurnie, next seasons front two.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FATTYFOULKE

Reaction score
Loved to see that effort on goal from Brewster today. Despite everything that has gone against him this season it‘s great to see him have the confidence to shoot on sight. It’s not the first time he’s done it albeit it’s not yet payed off yet. He continues to do it regardless of the pressure he must be feeling. He has that belief in himself that he’s a good player who can score and I think he’s going to be a real star next season.

Compare that with McBurnie. The number of times he loses a goal scoring opportunity due to having to take a first touch is unbelievable. Today a prime example. I think I can see he brings more to the side than just his goals but let’s face it, he has to given his woeful record for us in the Premier League. At the end of the day his main job is to put the ball in the net.

If he can be just a little bit more instinctive when he sees the opportunity instead of hesitating and taking that touch, he too could be a real asset next season and would have been this.

Next season the two of them more than likely are going to be our main front two, given that McGoldrick isn’t getting any younger and Sharp will surely be just too old to cut another season at Championship level?

So let’s hope they can take a bit out of each other’s game and maybe then we’ll get some return on our investment.

Loved to see that effort on goal from Brewster today. Despite everything that has gone against him this season it‘s great to see him have the confidence to shoot on sight. It’s not the first time he’s done it albeit it’s not yet payed off yet. He continues to do it regardless of the pressure he must be feeling. He has that belief in himself that he’s a good player who can score and I think he’s going to be a real star next season.

Compare that with McBurnie. The number of times he loses a goal scoring opportunity due to having to take a first touch is unbelievable. Today a prime example. I think I can see he brings more to the side than just his goals but let’s face it, he has to given his woeful record for us in the Premier League. At the end of the day his main job is to put the ball in the net.

If he can be just a little bit more instinctive when he sees the opportunity instead of hesitating and taking that touch, he too could be a real asset next season and would have been this.

Next season the two of them more than likely are going to be our main front two, given that McGoldrick isn’t getting any younger and Sharp will surely be just too old to cut another season at Championship level?

So let’s hope they can take a bit out of each other’s game and maybe then we’ll get some return on our investment.
Agree, it’s Brewster’s strength, he hits it first time, accurately and hard. That will get him many goals in a team that creates chances. I thought that when I saw McB chance...Brewster would have hit that first time and even though he might not have scored he would have hit the target

I scream at the telly for McBurnie to shoot only to see him take a touch every time, and the opportunity’s gone.. In the Premier League you don’t have the time to line up a shot. You have to, if not shoot on sight at least be more aware of players closing you down.

Brewster...bang, he goes for it. That was a real effort today. The crap commentators were laughing at him until they saw just how close it was. The keeper was stationary and even if he wasn't, wouldn’t have got anywhere near it.

I really think Brewster could be the answer to our prayers next season. We need McBurnie to step up too.

Scuffed effort that the keeper had covered. Thought his link up play was decent today but he's not a threat in any way shape or form.

Firmly in the category of 'might not have scored, but on target'.

Brewster did sweet fa apart from that shot. Nothing. And yet, because he hit it well from 30 yards he suddenly deserves to play?

I'm not defending McBurnie here because he was laughable for much of the game but he caused out goal.

Burke did more than both of them put together. His shot was closer to scoring as well. But Hollywood...

I'm still not 100% convinced with McBurnie - he's struggled this season (not on his own there mind).

I definitely think Brewster has plenty more development inside him, but who partners him ?
Brewster either needs a true line leading number 9 alongside him in a two as he strikes me as a second forward who drops into the space left by his partner. Or he needs two fast wingers outside him in a 3

I've been one of his biggest critics but think he could do a job in the championship for us.
Laundry dept are hiring !

Seriously, the McBurnie debate, if it can even be called a debate, has long since concluded under the overwhelming weight of evidence freely available to all.

👀.

UTB.

Laundry dept are hiring !

Seriously, the McBurnie debate, if it can even be called a debate, has long since concluded under the overwhelming weight of evidence freely available to all.

👀.

UTB.
At premier league level, without doubt.

I think we’re placing two much emphasis on the strikers and I’ll use Toney and Clarke-Harris as a reason why. Both those players have struggled for an end product throughout their careers and yet once they’re plugged into an ultra attacking side at Peterborough their production goes through the roof leading to a big money move for Toney to another ultra attacking side and continues to produce. Its leading me to a line of thinking where most strikers other than the truly exceptional are overvalued as they rely on others more than maybe any other position. Our strikers are physically capable of getting into the right positions so should we be devoting more of our budget into the players creating the chances than those applying to finishing touch.

Most likely will be our starting pair upfront. That being said, a fully-fit squad & all playing to their best, Moussett & Brewster together are arguably our best pair. Doubt we'll ever see Moussett firing on all cylinders though for longer than 30 seconds though

i said last week i would take 10m for mcburnie ive changed my mind make it 5m he will do nothing in the championship and will end up in league 1

Yep they'll be queuing around the block for his signature.

To be honest I think someone will take him and he will probably bag a ton of goals and score against us. It’s just for us he has been bad.

Back
Top Bottom