Brayford on Wembley and his future

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I read the Sky article earlier, and the fact that Brayford is so pro-united at least indicates that JB would be open to Clough making a bid, whether it's another loan or even a full blown transfer.

It's amazing the effect the club has had on the man, and for him to speak so openly about his affection for the club and it's fans is rare in this day of matter-of-factness that seems to exist amongst so many footballers. Having Brayford here has certainly raised the stakes of the type of footballer we should expect. The only exception I can think of that has disappointed has been Billy Paynter, but maybe his inclusion was a case of needs must. But that's a small quibble, we've brought in a better standard of player, Harris and Scougall for example, and Brayford typifies the difference that Clough has made so far.

Here's to an interesting summer of transfer activity at t'Lane.

In my lifetime, no player has captured the imagination of our supporters quite like John Brayford has. It must be staggering for him at times when he sees people walking around with 2 months worth of chin-pubes and cardboard masks in homage to him, strangely it also seemed to begin before he kicked a ball for us. The Brayfordmania pretty much sums up the positive vibe around the club and it's been a great sensation for the club to enjoy.

That said, I sincerely hope fans don't turn on him as quickly as they embraced him in the likely event that he doesn't stay with us. He is in his late 20's, with only a few more years left to earn the most lucrative wage he can out of what is a short career in professional football. If he doesn't stay with us he shouldn't be vilified. Asking him to play career roulette whilst taking a huge smack in salary is asking too much. He came in, played a big part in a successful league and cup assault when he probably had better offers from elsewhere. He owes us nothing now and I personally wish him all the best in his career no matter what happens.

In my lifetime, no player has captured the imagination of our supporters quite like John Brayford has. It must be staggering for him at times when he sees people walking around with 2 months worth of chin-pubes and cardboard masks in homage to him, strangely it also seemed to begin before he kicked a ball for us. The Brayfordmania pretty much sums up the positive vibe around the club and it's been a great sensation for the club to enjoy.

That said, I sincerely hope fans don't turn on him as quickly as they embraced him in the likely event that he doesn't stay with us. He is in his late 20's, with only a few more years left to earn the most lucrative wage he can out of what is a short career in professional football. If he doesn't stay with us he shouldn't be vilified. Asking him to play career roulette whilst taking a huge smack in salary is asking too much. He came in, played a big part in a successful league and cup assault when he probably had better offers from elsewhere. He owes us nothing now and I personally wish him all the best in his career no matter what happens.

Pretty much spot on.

Ooh ah Bob Booker

Back
Top Bottom