Match Thread Bournemouth v. Sheffield United - 9th March 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BOUR
BOUR
BOUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1709761529308.png Vs 1709761537043.png

Premier League Matchweek 28 - Saturday 9th March 2024 - 15:00 - Vitality Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/bournemouth-vs-sheffield-united.684/

Officials:

Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud
VAR: Michael Salisbury
Assistant VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 21.47.32.png

Went from a organized, mobile midfield to a stinking giant dog 💩 of a midfield that allowed wave after wave of Bournemouth attacks to come

Agree with that. McAtee is poor and not interested defensively. By the end, Hamer couldn't run at all. Norwood can't either, even when he's a late sub. Souza was patrolling, but rarely able to get close to opponents. Too many small players on the pitch at the same time, not enough running ability and aggression from the bench.

A surprising point, but disappointing to lose the lead so late.

First 65 minute's were good, takes Mcburnie off we just couldn’t hold the play up and it just kept coming back for the inevitable goals started coming, thankfully VAR and wasteful finishing got us the draw.
Special mention to Arblaster, lad needs to play every game now until end of season, get as much experience in him ready for next year, Davies also played well, not sure that was a penalty looked like he got the ball to me.
So much better today, pride and fight, just terrible defending keeps letting us down even when we’re playing well

The way we just surrendered possession after going 2-0 up, was utterly pathetic from a so-called Premier League team.

The keeper doesn't help matters either, that signing is looking like a big mistake. Thankfully he didn't cost much so it's not the end of the world if we have to sign another one in the summer.

On the plus side, the performance was decent for the first hour, as the last few away games have been. A draw isn't bad down at Bournemouth and we're finally off the bottom.
keeper made a few good saves but he’s no where to be seen when a cross comes.

keeper made a few good saves but he’s no where to be seen when a cross comes.
Let's be honest most are straight at him. "One for the cameras" as we used to say. He's terrible and will be in the Championship. Anything on target is a danger or in the 6 yard box.

Best we could have hoped for really.

McBurnie not fit and had to go off. Brereton-Diaz stayed on but also not fit. Davies probably still only ok for a half. Even if we were weaker when the subs came on, we had no other options.

Let’s not forget we have probably double figures of injured players and many who are coming back from injury. We have so few options.

This break comes at a decent time really.

I thought Arblaster was really encouraging.

But let’s not forget they had a goal disallowed and missed a penalty.

It’s another point.

Perhaps we can somehow beat Fulham at home next up with a good rest behind us?

It would put us on 17 and then if justice is done, Everton and Forest will drop to 18 and 19 respectively and be within reach, with us playing them both.

Might keep it interesting!
Everton can’t seem to win but they’re a good team. Today against Man U they were fast, fit and skillful just with zero end result.
In comparison our boys can barely string three or four passes together. They look permanently knackered and constantly give away possession.
Was back to the wall stuff there for half hour. Not sure how we didn’t concede a third but well done lads for hanging in there.
Fantastic support as well.

The way we just surrendered possession after going 2-0 up, was utterly pathetic from a so-called Premier League team.

The keeper doesn't help matters either, that signing is looking like a big mistake. Thankfully he didn't cost much so it's not the end of the world if we have to sign another one in the summer.

On the plus side, the performance was decent for the first hour, as the last few away games have been. A draw isn't bad down at Bournemouth and we're finally off the bottom.
Think he’ll be the back up next season

Only Hamer among the front five has been a regular for us this season, so we probably knew a lot of them wouldn't last the full game.

We are without a game until 30th March, I can’t believe these players are paid upwards of 30 grand a week and can’t play more than an hour of football. Oli Mac and BBD are hardly sprinting around the pitch to start with - we missed their hold up play, link up play, defensive contributions and goal threat, ultimately costing us the game.

Good: Grbic (credit where it is due), the back 3, Davies, Arblaster, BBD, McBurnie (finishing excepted)

Decent: Hamer, Osborn (bar the equaliser: not the first time he’s done that)

Dodgy: Bogle

Did not help us as a unit: the 5 subs

Souza was far, far too slow, and not involved enough. Davies is not quick but he gets involved

McAtee and Osula were far too lightweight. Osula’s work rate was pathetic

Norwood is done. Brooks should have come on. He can’t help us any more. That was a very poor move by wilder. It completely killed our mobility in the middle.

Anel brought chaos where there had been calm.

I’m annoyed but 2 goals and an away point is not nothing and we did ride our luck a bit at times.

Their shooting was awful in the main.

It would be nice to repeat the first hour against Fulham and not make substitutions that handicap us.

I now demand the football media make fun of Burnley for 24 hours and that West Ham kick their arses.

Good: Grbic (credit where it is due), the back 3, Davies, Arblaster, BBD, McBurnie (finishing excepted)

Decent: Hamer, Osborn (bar the equaliser: not the first time he’s done that)

Dodgy: Bogle

Did not help us as a unit: the 5 subs

Souza was far, far too slow, and not involved enough. Davies is not quick but he gets involved

McAtee and Osula were far too lightweight. Osula’s work rate was pathetic

Norwood is done. Brooks should have come on. He can’t help us any more. That was a very poor move by wilder. It completely killed our mobility in the middle.

Anel brought chaos where there had been calm.

I’m annoyed but 2 goals and an away point is not nothing and we did ride our luck a bit at times.

Their shooting was awful in the main.

It would be nice to repeat the first hour against Fulham and not make substitutions that handicap us.

I now demand the football media make fun of Burnley for 24 hours and that West Ham kick their arses.
Good Grbic? Really????? Really????? Aye oreyt.

Grateful for the point in the end but...How can we have no players in the squad other than McBurnie capable enough to challenge aerial balls at both ends of the pitch?
We should have 2 signed bog standard tall league one players (one attacker and one defender) in the Summer who are 6ft5 tall + who can head a ball. They could be just used as backup for when McB or a defender are knackered.
As soon as McBurnie went off we had zero ball retention, and never got near a defensive header.
Shocking recruitment.

disappointing to be leading for so long. & but the subs changed the game, we struggled afterwards & i hate to single out players but its not good after arsenal that anel came on & our defence struggles got worse. as it was just wave after wave of attack. i think it was inevitable

I respect your opinion but I dont agree. I think time will tell. UTB pal.

He didn’t cost us today imho. I suspect (and have said) he won’t be with us long. The only difference between us is today’s performance. I don’t rate him generally.

His best game by miles, including a couple of good saves and an excellent block when he came out.

I don’t rate him but he was good today IMHO.
At corners or any crosses in and around the 6 yard box he’s beyond useless. For a big man aswell that has no presence whatsoever and just flaps is alarming to say the least.

Unfortunately it’s no good saying we should have signed this player etc. We are stuck with what we have got and just have to make do with what we have got. Lessons to be learnt for next season hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom