Match Thread Bournemouth v. Sheffield United - 2nd October 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BOUR
BOUR
BOUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1633158099714.png v. 1633158108193.png
Championship Week 11 - Saturday 2nd October 2021 - 15:00 - Dean Court

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Bournemouth vs Sheffield United

Officials:

Referee:
Robert Jones
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Adrian Waters
Fourth Official: Charles Breakspear

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-10-02 at 08.00.48.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Firstly, horrendous conditions.

I'm not quite sure what fans see. We certainly weren't dominant. Indeed, we had one shot on goal They had 6. Sure, we had more possession but that's meaningless if you do little or nothing with it. The big talking point is the pen. which was outside the box, but if it's not a pen it's a red as that was a horrendous kamikaze tackle. It was a game where a draw was probably about fair but any result could have happened.

Olsen - 5 - Lucky not to concede first half when passed to their player and then put Egan in trouble. Made a couple of decent stops but he's way too casual with the ball at his feet.
Stevens - 6 - Helps us a lot going forward. Prepared to push into the centre to give Osborn more space. Made a couple of ricks later on but an upgrade on RND.
Davies - 5 - Not convinced by him again. Had little to do but for the 'pen' he was all over the shop and out of position. Had a decent effort on goal first half and unlucky with it.
Egan - 6.5 - Thought he had a good game and got his head on a lot of things. Took responsibility when he had to and got to the ball first.
Baldock - 5 - 150th game won't be his best memory for us. Been a great servant but was poor today. Got caught badly under one and never got forward.
Fleck - 5.5 - Not a day for the midfield and he had to take a yellow for Norwood's incompetence early on. Thought he got outmuscled far too much and didn't really have an impact on the game
Norwood - 4- Got Fleck booked with a trademark bad pass and then did a few more. Better second half but only because they backed off him and gave him time.
Osborn - 7 - Man of the match for me. Everything went through them and he was a constant threat. Faded a bit second half.
Gibbs-White - 5 - Scored the goal and making the right runs but I though he was largely ineffectual. Far too much doesn't come off, he's lightweight and does little defensively.
Ndiaye - 5.5 - Put a shift in and made some good runs early on but faded badly. Like G-W going forward not much happened for him but kept going.
Sharp - 4 - Kept going and created the goal but had a turgid day. Missed badly early on and nothing was really going for him. He looks tired and I think needs a rest. Thankless task to basically play on his own 2 times per week.

Subs

Bash - 6 - A bit Bambi on ice at times but gets involved. We actually posed a threat down the right when he came on.
Mousett - 5 - Certainly been practicing the eating. Blood hell. Headed against the bar from 2 yard. Actually did well off the ball but on the ball too slow to do things and lost the ball a lot
McBurnie - 6 - Looked lively when he came on. Unlucky with the overhead and made a nuisance of himself.

Slav - 5 - He can quite rightly point to the pen decision and we could easily of got something out of the game but again we didn't. Started with Fleck and Norwood again and it's clearly not working. We create more but we also let the opposition create too much. We look better going forward but struggle to score. At the back we look a mess at times.

Bournemouth - Disappointed in them. Conditions were dreadful but they looked like a mid-table side on that showing. Good second goal and got through a few times but didn't cause us that many problems. Their best player by a mile was the young lad Kelly. He looks like a real talent.
Massive question marks against Slav for not using the squad better in the last 2 games.
Sharp will get his rest now over the international break

Massive question marks against Slav for not using the squad better in the last 2 games.
Sharp will get his rest now over the international break
I think he might just not trust the rest of the squad!

Lets have it right, we have played well since that first win. However, when you concede 2 a game, theres no way that you can be pushing for promotion. Problem is fleck and norwood. This isn’t me digging them out and calling them shit because i think they’ve been decent since our first win BUT, they’re soft as fuck. Defence has no protection. Desperately need a tough tackling shithouse who will do the basics right and leave the other stuff to the front 4. Our aim has got to be to be around 10th by Christmas and then bring in reinforcements. Anyone remember where his fulham side were around Christmas because i vaguely remember them being around mid table until Christmas

Last edited:
Ok LJ just my opinion this is a forum remember that is allowed 👍

Yep and I’m allowed to disagree and tell you why I disagree. If you have nothing else beyond that then that’s your problem.

Appalling decision by the ref, linesman has to get involved in it as well, however I think Davis would have got round on the cover with a block so I don't think enda needs to make that challenge .

Lets be honest after working so hard to get the goal, what was Enda thinking committing like that in atrocious conditions. There was simply no need he was going sideways.

All fans of all football teams have lows- but United certainly know how to feed the misery pie.

You have to say overall played well, take the goals away United were the better team for sure, but if you don't score when on top this shit happens. And with us this is happening too much and it hurts.

Good refs, bad refs, atrocious refs. We’ve seen em all. Blah, blah, blah. Doesn’t alter the fact that we’re soft and weak.

Lets have it right, we have played well since that first win. However, when you concede 2 a game, theres no way that you can be pushing for promotion. Problem is fleck and norwood. This isn’t me digging them out and calling them shit because i think they’ve been decent since our first win BUT, they’re soft as fuck. Defence has no protection. Desperately need a tough tackling shithouse who will do the basics right and leave the other stuff to the front 4. Our aim has got to be to be around 10th by Christmas and then bring in reinforcements. Anyone remember where his fulham side were around Christmas because i vaguely remember them being around mid table until Christmas
We don't have the correct balance of players in the squad. For the 2 central midfield positions we have the choice of Norwood 30 years old. Fleck 30. Hourihane 30. Guideroa 35 and Berge who is 23. Hourihane while good a set piece delivery does not look like a step up on Norwood in geneal play. Guideroa at 35 wont be playing every week. Berge with his injury problems and not athletic. We dont have legs in midfield to get up and down the pitch. Considering we knew about our midfield struggles since last season. I think the transfer window has been poor. We have the second oldest squad in the championship. It's going to take multiple windows to address so unfortunately we will be seeing more of Norwood and Fleck.

It sometimes still surprises me that in the modern era we seem to have some professional footballers who aren't able to play for 90 minutes with a break half way through.

Yes we deserved something over the 96 mins, but we are soft as shit also. No real leaders at the back.

that was a frustrating defeat. as for the 1st hour we were the better team, Bournemouth werent the test i was expecting considering they were top of the league. massively the referee changed the game giving this non pen for 2 reasons. as Stevens got the ball & its outside the area

20211002_173737.jpg

but again our own worst enemy like Huddersfield, Peterborough, Preston & nearly Derby. we keep gifting things to the opposition & you cant switch off at 1-1 or miss those chances at 2-1 like we did

Sell Burke and another striker, bring in dembele, a strong big midfielder and a good championship striker in jtw.

I think Norrington-Davies had his chance and failed to impress, to be honest. I'm not saying Stevens is better but at the moment neither look up to it.
Yep agreed. The door was wide open for RND to walk through and claim the left back berth for his own. Instead he tripped over his own laces, headbutted the door shut and then banged his eye on the door handle on the way down. Brilliant. 3 shit left backs at the club and paying a kings ransom for 2 of them. Cheers Chris.

OK, Not a good day at the office, but poor conditions and poor refereeing, has to count for something,
Lets put it in perspective, It was a tight game against the top of this division on their own ground and the deference between the two teams was a dodgy pen, in fact I doubt they would have scored the second if the team hadn't been shaken by the unfairness of their first..

Back
Top Bottom