Match Thread Bournemouth v. Sheffield United - 2nd October 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BOUR
BOUR
BOUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1633158099714.png v. 1633158108193.png
Championship Week 11 - Saturday 2nd October 2021 - 15:00 - Dean Court

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Bournemouth vs Sheffield United

Officials:

Referee:
Robert Jones
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Adrian Waters
Fourth Official: Charles Breakspear

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-10-02 at 08.00.48.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Even Bournemouth fans are saying it was outside the box. The only people who thought it was inside are the ref and lino.
It was a guess. The ref then signalled that Solanke wasn’t allowed to take the penalty as he was taken off the pitch for treatment but backed down.

It's all very well hiding behind a poor decision, but if we bossed the game and only scored one that's never going to be enough, we always concede.

Utd would of at least got 1 point today if VAR was used in the Championship. No way with VAR would that penalty been given.

I love how everyone blames mcburnie/moose when they had 15 minutes

And don’t mention Sharp been anonymous yet again for 90 mins bar his assist he didn’t zero

Sharp was crap today and for me is not good enough now, decent sub but that’s about it.

Moose, if only we could get him fit and stay fit, personally I thought he did well when he came on, very lively and loads of effort.

McBurnie is and will always be 100% shit

I've not watched the game, but I refuse to blame the strikers for not scoring or the defenders for not defending while we've got Fleck and Norwood in the team.

To top it off Leeds cost me £500

Screenshot_20211002_170557.jpg

All true

but why oh why does Slav keep picking Norwood and Fleck ?

I think Berge would be playing if fit, but whoever is eyeing up a starting spot needs to get their finger out in training because those two are replaceable, the fact their still being picked says a lot because I doubt Slav has favourites - can't say his previous stint with Norwood means owt because he fucked him off when they got promoted so he thinks he's not up to it.

Not sure who would replace Fleck other than Osborn though, maybe a youngster.

Lopata should be pushing too because our CBs aren't covering themselves in glory either.

Don’t get the negativity. We were by far the better team for almost all of the game. Billy should have scored, Moose should have scored and their pen was clearly outside of the box.
47 seasons’ experience of knowing when a season’s not going in anywhere near the right direction.

Hence, realism rather than negativity. At best, Slav has HIS squad ready by next season. At worst seasons in the Championship/League 1 doldrums lay ahead.

UTB

i don’t know with us anymore. How can we look so good but be losing. Massive problem is how soft we are. Used to be strong horrible bastards. Not anymore

Firstly, horrendous conditions.

I'm not quite sure what fans see. We certainly weren't dominant. Indeed, we had one shot on goal They had 6. Sure, we had more possession but that's meaningless if you do little or nothing with it. The big talking point is the pen. which was outside the box, but if it's not a pen it's a red as that was a horrendous kamikaze tackle. It was a game where a draw was probably about fair but any result could have happened.

Olsen - 5 - Lucky not to concede first half when passed to their player and then put Egan in trouble. Made a couple of decent stops but he's way too casual with the ball at his feet.
Stevens - 6 - Helps us a lot going forward. Prepared to push into the centre to give Osborn more space. Made a couple of ricks later on but an upgrade on RND.
Davies - 5 - Not convinced by him again. Had little to do but for the 'pen' he was all over the shop and out of position. Had a decent effort on goal first half and unlucky with it.
Egan - 6.5 - Thought he had a good game and got his head on a lot of things. Took responsibility when he had to and got to the ball first.
Baldock - 5 - 150th game won't be his best memory for us. Been a great servant but was poor today. Got caught badly under one and never got forward.
Fleck - 5.5 - Not a day for the midfield and he had to take a yellow for Norwood's incompetence early on. Thought he got outmuscled far too much and didn't really have an impact on the game
Norwood - 4- Got Fleck booked with a trademark bad pass and then did a few more. Better second half but only because they backed off him and gave him time.
Osborn - 7 - Man of the match for me. Everything went through them and he was a constant threat. Faded a bit second half.
Gibbs-White - 5 - Scored the goal and making the right runs but I though he was largely ineffectual. Far too much doesn't come off, he's lightweight and does little defensively.
Ndiaye - 5.5 - Put a shift in and made some good runs early on but faded badly. Like G-W going forward not much happened for him but kept going.
Sharp - 4 - Kept going and created the goal but had a turgid day. Missed badly early on and nothing was really going for him. He looks tired and I think needs a rest. Thankless task to basically play on his own 2 times per week.

Subs

Bash - 6 - A bit Bambi on ice at times but gets involved. We actually posed a threat down the right when he came on.
Mousett - 5 - Certainly been practicing the eating. Blood hell. Headed against the bar from 2 yard. Actually did well off the ball but on the ball too slow to do things and lost the ball a lot
McBurnie - 6 - Looked lively when he came on. Unlucky with the overhead and made a nuisance of himself.

Slav - 5 - He can quite rightly point to the pen decision and we could easily of got something out of the game but again we didn't. Started with Fleck and Norwood again and it's clearly not working. We create more but we also let the opposition create too much. We look better going forward but struggle to score. At the back we look a mess at times.

Bournemouth - Disappointed in them. Conditions were dreadful but they looked like a mid-table side on that showing. Good second goal and got through a few times but didn't cause us that many problems. Their best player by a mile was the young lad Kelly. He looks like a real talent.

That’s a misleading stat though. Just because we didn’t have that many on target doesn’t mean didn’t create anything. For a start Sharp’s two efforts in the first half weren’t on target but they were good chances. Easy to move on when you’ve got absolutely no argument.
Ok LJ just my opinion this is a forum remember that is allowed 👍

£100 million worth of non scoring strikers, an injury prone midfielder & needless full backs are a massive problem. Old old news but somebody should have been f#cked with a barbed d1ld0!!

I think Berge would be playing if fit, but whoever is eyeing up a starting spot needs to get their finger out in training because those two are replaceable, the fact their still being picked says a lot because I doubt Slav has favourites - can't say his previous stint with Norwood means owt because he fucked him off when they got promoted so he thinks he's not up to it.

Not sure who would replace Fleck other than Osborn though, maybe a youngster.

Lopata should be pushing too because our CBs aren't covering themselves in glory either.
Whatever and whoever but not those two together / it’s stale and predictable

I agree Berge should play but does he have the heart and desire ?

Slav has to try something different at least - as he does up front

I just cannot get why he keeps playing them - he’s a top championship manager and seems to be unafraid to make decisions - can only think he feels when Berge is unfit that he has no other option , which is the really sad thing

Really reinforces the atrocious recruitment strategy of CW 😡

Unlucky, we were the better side, never a pen, although the 2nd was disappointing after Enda gave the ball away on the left, then we didn't defend it well enough. At 1-0 it looked like only one winner. Bournemouth were ordinary on that showing,maybe an off day, but then they still got the points I suppose.

The only reason we looked so strong at the end is because Bournemouth let us. Players we had on the pitch aren’t good enough and Wilders £53m shopping spree ont bench are even worse if they can’t win a place in that sh!t starting 11

People say we bossed the game, but we didn't. We had had more dangerous going forward moments but not by much.

We had more of the possession but they conceded it and basically kept pressing us for a mistake (to the degree Olsen basically passed it to Billing).

The only time they put men forward when they were behind and then got the pen (which shouldn't have been a pen but was a red card for the tackle) and their second goal. They then went back to letting us have the ball.

Sure, we were unlucky to not score again but it's not like we created that much. One shot on goal and that was the goal.

Whatever and whoever but not those two together / it’s stale and predictable

I agree Berge should play but does he have the heart and desire ?

Slav has to try something different at least - as he does up front

I just cannot get why he keeps playing them - he’s a top championship manager and seems to be unafraid to make decisions - can only think he feels when Berge is unfit that he has no other option , which is the really sad thing

Really reinforces the atrocious recruitment strategy of CW 😡

I don't see why Berge has any questions about his desire or commitment.

He has some fitness and stamina issues, he really tires after 60 minutes that's the main problem.

He's not great defensively, but if he's replacing Norwood, that's not much of a change, and he's much better driving on.

I think his passing is more useful in a Slav side too, quality pacy ground passes and throughballs that are nearly always weighted perfectly. Norwood can fire off a lovely pass but it's predictable, and when you have to take them down it slows you, and there's more chance of a defender getting in before you if it's in the air Vs a driven pass on the ground.

2 goals in 10 APPS in open play is poor

He doesn’t lead the line on his own he’s not good enough
No one to replace him with hence he either has to start or come on as sub. None of the others on the bench can lead the line, thats the issue, other than at a push a Moose who is fit and wants to play, which is rare.

All true

but why oh why does Slav keep picking Norwood and Fleck ?
Because they are our best midfielders, have both got bags of experience and promotion from this division.

Both played ok today, as did Enda until that 5 minute spell.

Outside the box but what the heck was Stevens doing there? Never going to end well that was it. He's been utter garbage ever since he got his new contract about 18 months ago. Astounded that RND hasn't been able to nail that place down
Enda is better.

Outside the box but what the heck was Stevens doing there? Never going to end well that was it. He's been utter garbage ever since he got his new contract about 18 months ago. Astounded that RND hasn't been able to nail that place down

I think Norrington-Davies had his chance and failed to impress, to be honest. I'm not saying Stevens is better but at the moment neither look up to it.

Sharp was crap today and for me is not good enough now, decent sub but that’s about it.

Moose, if only we could get him fit and stay fit, personally I thought he did well when he came on, very lively and loads of effort.

McBurnie is and will always be 100% shit

Mcburnie looked pretty good when coming on but you can’t judge any player when they get 10/20 minutes every other match

Brewster well what’s the point anymore loan him out in Jan rotting on the bench helps no one

Because they are our best midfielders, have both got bags of experience and promotion from this division.

Both played ok today, as did Enda until that 5 minute spell.
Lots of people can see that they haven’t been good enough for ages - very rarely protect the defence and very rarely support and create for the forwards
They once did and in a 532 formation , but don’t now

Slav has bought in two midfielders who have just as much if not more experience than those two and still picks them

Lots of people can see that they haven’t been good enough for ages - very rarely protect the defence and very rarely support and create for the forwards
They once did and in a 532 formation , but don’t now

Slav has bought in two midfielders who have just as much if not more experience than those two and still picks them
So why do you think he does if not that they're the best we've got? Wilder and Hecky persisted with them as well, it's not some conspiracy.

Norwood got promotion playing 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 n'all tbf to him.

Back
Top Bottom