CONFIRMED Boro (H) POSTPONED

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I said it on the day QPR cried off when the had their 4 best players injured it is bollocks every club is at it now and the EFL have lost control. Four teams have cried off with Covid (how convenient) just as they are about to play in form Sheffield United. The season has become a farce, may as when draw lots to see who is promoted and relegated. That now means we have to fit in four extra midweek games we will be playing 3 games a week like Rotherham had to do last season it bollocks.
And that's when we'll get a dose of COVID but by then the rules will state you have to play the tealady

Heard a rumour they have over 20 positive covid tests with players and support staff.

Make them play it!!

Reports from Teeside are looking at 20 + positive cases!

Think we were all a bit premature with the mind games.

Don’t blame wilder, don’t blame boro this down to the efl and their response weeks ago which set the precedent. Really poor.

Of course you blame Middlesbrough and Wilder, they are the ones asking for the game to be called off.
The EFL might have cocked up with their handling of this but there is nothing forcing Middlesbrough to ask for the postponement.

Crikey do people really think wilder of all managers would make this up?

I really hope it's on but sounds unlikely.
It is ridiculous how many of our matches are now postponed but there is nothing we can do about it.

Boro must have started with cases the following day after their last match presumably which means someone in their squad had it during the game and after most likely and have spread it to the squad. Most likely Omicron if it's spread so quick.

The real concern with all these postponements that aren't requested by us is if we happen to have an outbreak later than the majority of other teams, which would potentially give us double the amount of games to try and squeeze in later on.

At the very least the EFL needs to get a list of the injured non covid players from the cancelling team, and not allow those or any new signings to play in the rearranged fixture
As if the clubs would be truthful in their info to the EFL !
You are confusing football with something honourable

It is ridiculous how many of our matches are now postponed but there is nothing we can do about it.

Boro must have started with cases the following day after their last match presumably which means someone in their squad had it during the game and after most likely and have spread it to the squad. Most likely Omicron if it's spread so quick.
You don’t get positive tests that quickly, from nothing and not all at the same time.

You don’t go from zero positive cases to 20 in 24 hours. People become positive over a different period of time, if in contact.

As if the clubs would be truthful in their info to the EFL !
You are confusing football with something honourable
100% this.

Look at how clubs report their finances and cheat their way out of FFP. Wednesday almost got away with changing how universal time is measured, for the stadium sale, so fudging a few Covid tests should be a cake (ball) walk.

The assumption that clubs won’t do anything possible, to gain any kind of advantage, is naive.

I watched the Blackpool game and commentary said Johnny howson of boro was missing due to covid.. maybe they caught of him

That should be easy for the EFL to check

What is interesting is the players affected appear to be those who played against Bpool. Howden was not present and he was the only covid case at that time hmm?

We’ve hardly had any cases because we’ve been so strict yet we have to face the consequences if it gets into the camp could be severe
We’ve hardly had any cases because we’ve haven’t played anyone for a while to catch it

So we've played once since Cardiff on Dec 4th and none of the postponements have been down to us. It's farcical really.

At least the players have had a nice Christmas/ New Year break but the fixture pile-up catching these games up is going to be ridiculous.

Have to say though, out of all the games that have been postponed, this is probably the one I'm least arsed about due to it being New Years Day and a shit kick-off time.

You don’t get positive tests that quickly, from nothing and not all at the same time.

You don’t go from zero positive cases to 20 in 24 hours. People become positive over a different period of time, if in contact.
This is true. It takes 2 days from contact usually. It is a super fast spreading variant Omicron which is why we are having the high cases in the country right now of course.

In which case it would mean a portion of the squad had the virus during the last game too and passed it onto others as well. But presumably had negative tests?

Thing is if squads are travelling via coaches etc. For hours at a time. Only takes a few to have it and lack of ventilation to potentially effect quite a few around them.

I’m going on a diet in Jan but was allowing myself a special naughty treat - pie 🥧 🍟 and peas at the match - spread out over the games . That’s all fine to fk now as it will be pie 🥧 🍟 abs peas three times a week at this rate

Cummon Boro put somemore names out there,and cut out the "bollox word" (significant) and lets have the number of players who have tested positive.

Going into April with 24 games in hand. What’s not to like? We’ll be bottom of the fucking league at this rate. I’m reminded of R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket “The fucking war will be over by the time we get up there”.

Going into April with 24 games in hand. What’s not to like? We’ll be bottom of the fucking league at this rate. I’m reminded of R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket “The fucking war will be over by the time we get up there”.
We'll be the ones told "season can't be extended. You'll have to play Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday."

We'll get about 6 points out of games we would have taken 10-12.

Then we'll be made to look the bad guys kicking up a fuss and we'll be told "that's why you have a squad."

Either they tested nice and early to get the game with Blackpool on, and avoid any positive tests because they knew the opposition had injuries or they have been negligent beyond belief since then. What did they do after the win, head to Johnny Housen's gaffe and group hug him?

I see in the Teeside Gazette they are trying to say Blackpool wanted the game off but only had a couple of cases but it was mainly injuries and then saying Boro have an excellent covid record with no games off.

Sheffield United should have absolute say on the reschedule date. If it means Boro have less rest then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom