Bolton boycott

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

£150.. Me and a few of the lads were going.. Not at that price! Rather shit in my hands and clap.

I'm pissed off at the pricing for this one. It's a disgrace, but more importantly we need to get the Blades off to a good start. I'll be there and I hope some of you reconsider to help us make sure we only have to go to Bolton once this season and then never visit the tossers again.

COYRAWW

Why should we reconsider? It is Premier League price banding for an ordinary League One fixture!......What makes this game so special to warrant ridiculous price banding like this!.....I'm in the stay away team!

Why should we reconsider? It is Premier League price banding for an ordinary League One fixture!......What makes this game so special to warrant ridiculous price banding like this!.....I'm in the stay away team!
Because 5,000 backing the blades in Wilder's first game is better than 1,500. It could be the difference

I hope there is less that 100 there in all fairness and in return I hope we charge Bolton a racket for the return fixture.

Wilder I am sure will back the Blades fans stance as a fellow blade. If anything it should spur the players on to go up there and turn them over for trying to rip our fans off!

Because 5,000 backing the blades in Wilder's first game is better than 1,500. It could be the difference

The issue is bigger than that, it's about people having their support exploited. Which is all too common in modern football. It's a choice between taking a stand or getting shafted over and over again.

IMO fans are ripped off generally but nobody holds a gun against your head. Don't buy the shirt/ticket if you don't want to.

For first time ever, I didn't do an away game last season. Even at £15-20 a ticket for some games, i didn't think it represented value for money because we were utter shit.

So is this about ticket price or value for money? We've all paid more than £30 to watch SUFC in the past so why boycott now? Regardless of Bolton's finances, clubs in this league DO rely on ticket revenue due to lack of TV funds. All for a boycott but why choose this game? If anything it represents better value for money than last season.

Me, dad, mate all still going.

I am now not going, hope it's empty in the away end. I think that just a few empty seats won't send a message and it'll be disheartening for our players, only a full boycott can work. Our players will know why there is no-one there and so, most importantly, will Bolton. Our stand will actually be inspiring for our lads.

I boycotted Man U because of the ridiculous prices. But it made no odds, since it sold out anyway, so they didn't give a shit.

The only way the impact of this can be assessed is if we don't sell out and then figure out how many short of the max it was because of the boycott.

I wasn't going anyway but that's because I find football too expensive in general. I pick and choose my games as a treat now, partly because of price and partly because I live far away.

To me the ticket prices are affordable but immoral. Football generates far more than enough money to subsidise ticket prices but chooses not to and instead just makes players and agents richer. Just because I can pay it doesn't mean I should.

I wouldn't even mind sticking my hand in my pocket for football a little more often if I was getting value at the end of it but United are usually crap and England are always crap. The latter is the worst thing about it all. A team full of players that people are expected to pay big TV subscriptions and £50+ per ticket to watch! Then they produce what they did this summer!

No thanks. You keep it.

Bolton must surely have the highest Category A match prices in L1 - good luck with that.

I've been boycotting United away (last season) because they've been shit and not worth watching.

There was a chance I might have gone to this but not at that price.

Third division is cat D at best

The argument about facilities is one that doesn't really wash with me - have you ever been to a ground recently where you can't get an over-priced burger, shit lager and have a piss at some point? Yeah, some grounds might be shinier but the basics are the same.

For me, the ticket price is the cost of your seat. That's it. In my opinion, £30 for a seat for 2 hours is ridiculous.

I've been to Bolton before, we've played there relatively recently. The ground is not justification for £30.

I do support my club, but I cannot do so indefinitely if these prices become the norm. If Sheffield United want my support, they'll stick up for their fans in putting pressure on clubs to reduce ticket prices (and do so themselves, as we have raised in the past).

For all those that do go - black balloons, highwayman masks (http://www.partypuffin.co.uk/party-...0/viewDetail?gclid=CIPqgpj-680CFY4y0wodCCkI9A) and Twenty's Plenty banners abound.

Whilst I fully support lower ticket prices in League 1, I am still prepared to pay £30 to go to Bolton as I'm looking forward to the start of the season and it is one of the more attractive fixtures. I very much doubt that any other clubs will be charging anywhere near that much for tickets so this ticket price will be pretty much a one off, although at £24 for Cat A tickets at BDTBL we are not that much cheaper. Just my point of view on this and not in any way disagreeing with those who are boycotting - we all have a choice.

Assume someone knows we've drawn a top four prem side in a cup if we've got cat A games.

A few of us were going, but most likely not now (Around 12 ish). Robbing twats!

We are botltons big earner this season. Wait till 78 fans turn up from Wimbledon midweek. Also I thought there was a rule gnat you had to charge the home fans in the main end the same as the away fans. Are they really trying to charge 30 to their own fans when they have none left as it is.

I was unable to go anyway but I don't think I'd have bothered at that price. Part of me thinks it's only another fiver over what you'd expect to pay (still think 25 quid would be steep) but the other part of me thinks we need to draw a line and the opening day before the premiership starts and gets all the attention would be a perfect chance to do it.

Home fans pay £28 Sheffielder

The ground will be three quarters empty

But I'm going. Only because it's the first game of the season, but I'm going.

You have disrupted the angry movement. Get back in line.

In all seriousness, £30 is a rip off for third division football regardless of facilities in my book.

I agree £30 is a lot for League One football but it's hardly surprising that a club with one of the best grounds in the division has one of if not the highest ticket price.

If we are going to start boycotts it's got to be based on all the factors involved and not just the price. To me it's got to be consistent, if Walsall is £25 then that deserves a boycott, if standing up at Fleetwood is £22 then boycott.

Last edited:
My head wants to boycott , but my heart wants to be there ! As its the first game of the season my heart will win , I certainly wouldn't go if it wasn't the first game . Asked around and it looks like I am driving on my own !!!!
As ever UTB

I agree £30 is a lot for League One football but it's hardly surprising that a club with one of the best grounds in the division has one of if not the highest ticket price?

If we are going to start boycotts it's got to be based on all the factors involved and not just the price. To me it's got to be consistent, if Walsall is £25 then that deserves a boycott, if standing up at Fleetwood is £22 then boycott.

The way I see it, those with larger grounds should be even cheaper. Fleetwood need the £22 with the capacity they have (5327). Bolton don't need to charge £30 in a stadium which holds over 28000.

And big ground doesn't equal best ground in my book.

I agree £30 is a lot for League One football but it's hardly surprising that a club with one of the best grounds in the division has one of if not the highest ticket price?

Depends which way you look at it I suppose. You can look at it from the match day experience angle, or alternatively you can look at it from the angle that £30 is just too much to go and watch league one football. It depends how important things other than the football in the ground are to you.

6 x £30 tickets they won't be getting from
us

The way I see it, those with larger grounds should be even cheaper. Fleetwood need the £22 with the capacity they have (5327). Bolton don't need to charge £30 in a stadium which holds over 28000.

So you'd be happy to pay the same price for a seat in an uncovered temporary stand at Gillingham as you would for the upper tier at Bolton?

Surely it's fair that clubs who invest in new stands/stadiums charge more than clubs that provide sub standard facilities?

So you'd be happy to pay the same price for a seat in an uncovered temporary stand at Gillingham as you would for the upper tier at Bolton?

Well, no. The point is moot because I wouldn't pay £30 to sit at Bolton, never mind Gillingham.

What I am saying is that in terms of economics, I can more readily forgive a club with a 5327 capacity charging £22 for tickets (£117194 potential gate receipt) than I can a club with 28723 charging £30 a pop (£861690 potential).

There's somewhat of a disparity there which sort of looks like greed, don't you think?

To me, whether we're in L1 or Prem, £30 is undoubtedly expensive for a ticket but why boycott now? Why not boycott at say the play off final v Hudds which was £60?

And I know the answer will be because that's a one off game but you either boycott against price or you don't.

I'd much rather pay £30 to watch what I'm hoping will be a new style/new era than turn up at Coventry at the end of last season and pay £20 for the pleasure when you KNOW it will be shit.

That said, fair play to anyone standing by their principles but I don't think a movement towards a boycott for this game will work or is necessary.

UTB

Hats off to you, Linz. Not for the first or last time. We are in.

30 for me, 12 for Jr, 3 for programme, 10 for 2 X pies and drinks.

£55 all in you won't be getting from us, Bolton Wanderers. Weren't you founder members of the league, or thereabouts ? Shame on you.

That said, fair play to anyone standing by their principles but I don't think a movement towards a boycott for this game will work or is necessary.

Because if you don't do owt, every league match will be £30, then £35, then £40. Where does it stop?

Bearing in mind, in our household, there are two people who want to go to every match, do you think £60, £70, £80 every other week is reasonable?

Going to the theatre is considered by some an elitist pursuit, but I can see touring ballets and operas for £20. I can go to the cinema to watch performances from the Royal Opera House for £17. Football clubs are taking people for mugs.

We're knocking it on head now as well.
It's £60 on top of travelling costs from South Wales- fck it.

Back
Top Bottom