Board left with no choice

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's totally different. The gap between the PL and Championship has never been bigger. It's harder to NOT go up than it is to go up once you've come down as Watford and Norwich are showing.
Norwich stuck with the same management team sold two players keeping some continuity and raking in around 28 million .Don't just assume for example we will just lose Berge, we wont . Watford kept the same level of continuity with the squad of players, they don't keep managers/ coaches anyway that's the model they work to.

We haven’t ‘just got rid’ have we? This is a seasons worth of tensions hitting breaking point.
He's gone, I'm assuming he didn't want to leave the position as manager of the club he supports, therefore whatever you call it, he's been binned. He won't have walked away as it's a stupid thing to do financially, so he's been sacked or paid off (i.e. 'got rid of').

It's like watching a car crash in slow motion as far as I'm concerned. I can't wait for the 10 managers in 10 years to follow.

7 months. With 0 fans. They've destroyed the position of having a manager who most love and is clearly a brilliant manager. They've destroyed the opportunity to get back up. The team will be destroyed. So ye I think they've destroyed everything he's built
Take the bladey blade glasses off, and get off wilders cock. We were absolute gash this season, embarrassingly poor most games, we WE all could see the tactics and formation wasn't working. Wilders answer to that.. go on the attack "playstation managers"

The board came out (after our worse ever season in history in the top flight may I add) and said "wilder will still be here regardless next season"

What's wilder then go and do? Goes on an all out attack for the past month or so against the board, lambasting them at any opportunity, giving the "it's my way, or the highway" interviews to the Yorkshire express etc..

He caused this himself, he bit the hand that feeds, the hand.. that also said they'll accept the absolutely piss poor recruitment, tactics, style, results and ultimately the end result of the premier League season.

Wilders pissed on his own chips, Now he's got to eat them.

As soon as I saw the announcement about this French team the Prince has 'bought' I thought that Wilder would be out of the door!
The Prince is a business man and he's witnessed, like us, a complete disaster this season and the buck has to stop with the manager!
Sorry Chris, thanks for the good times, but your time was up with the outcome of this season 😒

I'd much rather it was the Prince leaving.
Yeah that is a good point. People saying this isn't Wilder F.C... Well yes. But it IS Prince "i can't pronounce his names" F.C.

So whats the big difference? At least Wilder is a blade not someone who is just obsessed with money and toilet rolls. I mean I wasn't a McCabe fan, far from it. But the Prince schemed and got this club for the price of a bag of jelly babies.

I appreciate the sentiment but I don't see how you can say that sentence with a straight face?

Are you saying the man responsible for recruitment, tactics, training etc etc bears no responsibility for the abject failures of the past 7 months?
I will say that.

I would agree with you if he had a realistic budget but all his first choices went elsewhere and he was left with what we could afford after buying the ground back.

The promised off field developments haven't happened either.

He's had the rug pulled all ways round because the Prince is a pauper.

If he hadn't produced miracles last season he would have been long gone.

Like most of us at times the Prince wants what he can't afford and unfortunately he can't see the wood for the trees and is not prepared to compromise.

Take the bladey blade glasses off, and get off wilders cock. We were absolute gash this season, embarrassingly poor most games, we WE all could see the tactics and formation wasn't working. Wilders answer to that.. go on the attack "playstation managers"

The board came out (after our worse ever season in history in the top flight may I add) and said "wilder will still be here regardless next season"

What's wilder then go and do? Goes on an all out attack for the past month or so against the board, lambasting them at any opportunity, giving the "it's my way, or the highway" interviews to the Yorkshire express etc..

He caused this himself, he bit the hand that feeds, the hand.. that also said they'll accept the absolutely piss poor recruitment, tactics, style, results and ultimately the end result of the premier League season.

Couldn't disagree more

I will say that.

I would agree with you 8fllif he had a realistic budget but all his first choices went elsewhere and he was left with what we could afford after buying the ground back.

The promised off field developments haven't happened either.

He's had the rug pulled all ways round because the Prince is a pauper.

If he hadn't produced miracles last season he would have been long gone.

Like most of us at times the Prince wants what he can't afford and unfortunately he can't see the wood for the trees and is not prepared to compromise.
He's been given £130m in two seasons ffs.

He's lost a manager with a record we would be doing cartwheels over if he was linked to us...
A manager who seems to be broken and has been slating said board at every available opportunity.

He's been given £130m in two seasons ffs.
He's spent a maximum of £130m over 4 years if all the add on's have to be paid.

He's got the lowest wage budget in the Premier League and therefore can only sign the players that other PL teams don't want.

Wages have to be paid now whereas transfer fees are structured over the length of a contract.

State of you. Imagine your reaction to today being im gonna laugh at everyone who's gutted and slate Wilder.
Nah mate. I'm laughing at the absolute stupidity that's coming from yourself. "Couldn't disagree more" okay, but why? Why couldn't you disagree more?

Are you more confident in us getting promoted next year without Wilder than if we still had him?

Its a sad day, the timing is questionable but we are having our worst season (results wise) ever?

Imagine if CW wasn't a Blade, or if Nigel Adkins had done what CW has (as he did at Southampton) - do you think he would have lasted this long this year? Would there be outpourings of anger, grief, bed wetting regards this decision? I would suggest not.

The Wilder years were awesome, amongst some of the best we've had, but things move on. Who knows what the future brings? We may have some unprecedented success, we may not but jeez there is some overreaction.

Lets judge this decision in 15 months time (i.e. the end of next season), only then will we know whether it is the right one.

Thanks for memories, just like Bobby Davison day this week, some of these images and days will be replayed in 20 or 30 years time and rightly so.

A good point made there.

Are you more confident in us getting promoted next year without Wilder than if we still had him?
50/50 if I'm honest. I don't think wilder would've got us up straight away, especially with how we've played this season. It's broken him as a manager, and I can't and couldn't see him getting back to the old wilder.

Nah mate. I'm laughing at the absolute stupidity that's coming from yourself. "Couldn't disagree more" okay, but why? Why couldn't you disagree more?
I couldn't disagree more that he's caused this or that he's pissec on his chips etc. Why you revelling in it? You're probably exactly the kind if guy wilder meant when slagging fans off

50/50 if I'm honest. I don't think wilder would've got us up straight away, especially with how we've played this season. It's broken him as a manager, and I can't and couldn't see him getting back to the old wilder.
I am a lot less confident now. The new manager is going to need massive bollocks as he will be given no leeway at all from the fans.

I couldn't disagree more that he's caused this or that he's pissec on his chips etc. Why you revelling in it? You're probably exactly the kind if guy wilder meant when slagging fans off
How hasn't he caused this? Come on, let's have an actual discussion regards why Wilder hasn't caused this, I've given you my points. You can give me your argument.

Sad day, like when Bassett went, didn't want it, but could see it comming

Cheers Tufty, we'll meet up again sometime, see what you've got that day :)

Hopefull he play a few youngsters and fuck off the likes of norwood and stevens and lundstrum
That's my hope. He knows them better than anyone.
I hope he does ok but not too well because every time a caretaker does well they always get the job, always. And it always ends badly, always.

For you to hold the opinion you do in wanting him gone I can only conclude you haven’t taken anywhere near as much enjoyment from the last 5 years as most Unitedites have. And for that, I pity you.
The 4 years previous, yes. But the last year has been horrific.

Back
Top Bottom