Blades that couldn’t find the net but could find God

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?




He started up some Christian footballer group thingy when he was at United didn’t he?
 
As I kid I was excited thinking we have signed the guy from Battlestar Galactica...

And then seeing he was from Huddersfield Town I think?

Lieutenant_Starbuck_Promo_39.jpg
 



Fred Priest. Played in 2 Cup Finals for us.

Very much could find the net from what I understand. He was 'always the man for the big occasion', according to the Sheffield United history book I have lying around somewhere

As I kid I was excited thinking we have signed the guy from Battlestar Galactica...

And then seeing he was from Huddersfield Town I think?

View attachment 74350

Always preferred the one from the reboot myself.

e5bac6a5f4faf66035a4f8d2d402a609.jpg
 
I'm sure Brian Deane was reluctant to play on Sundays due to religious reasons.
 
Jesus with the cross.
Sharp put's it in the net.

Poor effort, I know.
No bud more like "George Long can't have been a Christian, he was terrified of crosses" ahahahahahaha.haha.ha
That's why I couldn't be arsed.
 
I’ll start, with an entry from my hometown: Pastor Phil Starbuck

View attachment 74335
Remember him. He was a bit hit and miss wasn’t he? One of these “born again” types. No disrespect to anyone’s faith on here, but I’ve come across a few “born again” religious folks and the majority of them became “born again” because they’d done some pretty bad things before and had a terrible guilt complex. In some cases it hadn’t changed them one bit!

I rented an apartment in an house a few years ago. Elderly couple, deeply religious “born again” Christians. Pictures of Jesus all over the place, always spouting off about God and stuff. I used to pay for the entire apartment several months in advance, but would often go home at weekends and leave my stuff in there.

One weekend I came back and noticed long dark hairs (straight ones) in the shower! Not mine for sure! Then a few weeks later they’d partioned part of the bedroom off. They said they needed it for storage. Rent stayed the same, I was ok with that at first. Then one night I’m in bed and I could hear another bloke on the other side of the partition snoring! :oops: They’d basically created another bedroom and rented it out.

I quit after that. Then they tried to claim a months rent notice from me! I told them to stick it!

Corrupt bastards they were - hiding behind a religious facade.

I think it’s far better to just act like a decent human being in the first place than go back to God asking for a second chance!
 
Well well, we really are scratching the bottom of the barrel if we are down to threads like this. I have to laugh at some of the caricatures though, 'born again types', pictures of Jesus all over the place', 'deeply religious'.

Is there some hidden agenda to make out that we are all somewhat less than normal? I do wonder what some people would prefer, a God bothering Blade, or a 'normal' Wednesday fan? I recognise that the phrase 'a normal Wednesday fan', might be an oxymoron to many on here, & others will need to check the dictionary!

MTLBWY --------- Particularly at this time!

UTB
 
No bud more like "George Long can't have been a Christian, he was terrified of crosses" ahahahahahaha.haha.ha
That's why I couldn't be arsed.
I used to say the same about Kieth Waugh.
 
I remember being on the Kop when he was getting some stick for playing poorly and some wag shouted the inevitable ‘leave him alone, you're crucifying him!’
In the 2-1 win against Charlton in March 1995, he was playing poorly and the crowd cheered when he got subbed, he was walking round the perimeter of the pitch from the Kop end in a sulking way and then a ball came of of play and he didnt bother to return the ball back to Hodges who was to take the throw in. Hodges was dismayed at Starbuck's lack of professionalism. The crowd then sang "Onwards Christian Soldiers" as Starbuck walked towards the dugout.
 



All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom