Blades players who were utterly shit with no redeeming qualities whatsoever (hard mode- nobody from the last decade)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Many older Blades will remember. Lee Baxter (GK). Arrived from Sweden 4 December 2003. Played Burnley (A) K.O. 15:00, 6 December 2003. Two absolute howlers in the first half. Subbed at 15:45. Never played again. Flew back to Sweden before the New Year.

Paul Williams is the worst player I’ve seen.

also mentions to Nigel Spackman, Axel Smeets, Mark Beard & Jon Hunt.
Williams would have made a great cage fighter - just as long as he would have been allowed to use his elbows.

Whitehurst. Offered nowt as a footballer and the only thing anyone remembers about him is threatening to chin Neil Ruddock.

The thread title said 'no redeeming features'. Billy was by some distance the biggest nutter and hardest player of his time. This gives rise to some excellent stories, the stuff of legends

As a strker, we signed him past his peak but he was still a decent target man. I remember Blackburn away in 89. Came on, helped us get a point and greatly enlivened the away end;
"Billy's gonna get ya..."

Paul Richardson , Dennis Longhorn , Phil Starbuck, Paul Williams , Derek Richardson, Andy Keeley , Craig Renwick , Steve Finieston , I could go on & on ......

Starbug was excellent when on loan. It was only once we signed him he became dogshite.
Agree with the rest, although Derek Richardson had a decent debut against Sarfend at home, catching crosses and commanding his area. Next game, SWFC away boxing day 79. What could possibly go wrong?

Unfair - he looked a great player for those 45 minutes!

Always makes me cringe when I see him included in things like this, and certainly one about footballers with no redeeming features, ebbrell was a class player, and I was incredibly excited when we signed him

If I remember he had a continuing ankle problem but obviously passed the medical

Unfortunately hurt it on debut, and then went for surgery which went wrong, making it even worse

Forced to retire very early, a shame, was a great baller

Nicky johns goalkeeper I may be wrong here but think he played against Leeds in the league cup after we had beaten Liverpool and think it was the only game he played for us ⚔

He made his debut the Saturday before the Leeds game v Sunderland, the 3-2 win where Sabella was sublime and Anderson scored the runner-up in the BBC's Goal of the Season competition. After the match, as we were dodging missiles chucked by the Mackems, my dad said, "I thought the new 'keeper looked a bit suspect."

After the Leeds match, my dad: "I told yer, di'n't I!"

He made his debut the Saturday before the Leeds game v Sunderland, the 3-2 win where Sabella was sublime and Anderson scored the runner-up in the BBC's Goal of the Season competition. After the match, as we were dodging missiles chucked by the Mackems, my dad said, "I thought the new 'keeper looked a bit suspect."

Aye up Greenwich how's you , remember the Sunderland game can't remember him playing ( not doubting you btw ) just can't remember ,think my dad said a similar thing after the Leeds game but perhaps with different words , think the thing with utd is we have had some fantastic keepers and some awfull one too , Baxter ramsbottom Richardson etc spring to mind ⚔

Anybody remember Martin Smith? Did we sign him from Huddersfield, or did he go to Huddersfield? Anyway, he wasn't very good, but neither were we at the time!

David White.
Bruno Ribero.
Axle Smeets.

Anybody remember Martin Smith? Did we sign him from Huddersfield, or did he go to Huddersfield? Anyway, he wasn't very good, but neither were we at the time!
You’re having a fucking laugh aren’t you? He was on fire but we only gave him a one year contract. Think we got him from Sunderland and he ended up with Huddersfield. But he was a great player while he was with us.

It was a long time ago! I don't have perfect recall!! Apologies!
We picked him up for next to nowt and he was a great signing for half a season. Scored 10 in 26 but I think most were at the start of the season. Saw his arse and didn’t renew his contract, went to Huddersfield and then got crocked badly.

If memory serves me right we had a song for him.

Martin Smith is magic, he wears a magic hat,
When he saw Bramall Lane he said “I’m having that”,
He wouldn’t sign for Wednesday or Barnsley coz they’re shite.
He signed for Sheff United coz we’re fucking dynamite.

To the tune of My Old Mans a Dustman. Words may be wrong but I’m old and it was a while ago.

Aye up Greenwich how's you , remember the Sunderland game can't remember him playing ( not doubting you btw ) just can't remember ,think my dad said a similar thing after the Leeds game but perhaps with different words , think the thing with utd is we have had some fantastic keepers and some awfull one too , Baxter ramsbottom Richardson etc spring to mind ⚔
Ramsbottom didn’t play many for us but I thought he was reasonably good.

Agree with you re Lee Baxter, Derik Richardson and Nicky Johns

Just started going with a mate and no dads and we missed that game. It was on MOTD (not just the top league then) and made some decent debut still looked dodgy.

David Carney, Keith Treacey and Craig Beattie.

Chuffing crap.

I've already done Beattie and Carney.

David White.
Bruno Ribero.
Axle Smeets.

White was okay but a bit injury prone.

Lee Hendrie wasn’t great for us. In fact we had a few from that era immediately post-Warnock.

I chucked Carney in from Robson's team but forgot the badge kissing twat.

He was the definition of a wage thief.

Can't believe Mark Beard has yet to warrant a mention on this particular roll of shame

He has been mentioned.

Not great at all, but sadly we have had far worse.

I'll go with Derek Richardson for that game at the sty 1979 and £100k man Chris Guthrie - the Bramall Lane stand clock was renamed 'Guthrie's point' cause that's what he always (successfully) aimed for

Peter Withe
Same as rush expected so much more.
Tony Moore, worst player ever to play for us.
Generally invisible all match, I can't believe he thought he was good enough to start let alone demand it.
Steve Finieston
Finnieston - quality but always injured, always. Think we got our money back through insurance.
Said it before on here, he was mine and Jamie Vardys acadamy coach over on the dark side
How come you aren't knocking them in for United like he is for Leicester?
(What was Moore like as a coach? That is very curious he was such a bad player).

Back
Top Bottom