Blades players who were utterly shit with no redeeming qualities whatsoever (hard mode- nobody from the last decade)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

DifferentClass

I for one welcome our new American overlords
Reaction score
Actually, given some of the cack we've had to endure prior to the last decade I think a better title would be "medium mode"!

For me, one player stands out as the very definition of shit.

His name? Ian Rush.

Now he wasn't always pony, in fact in his heyday he was one of the greats, but he was well past his sellby date when he arrived at the Lane. Still, like most kids I was excited to see such a big name starring for little old Sheffield United.

I would be very disappointed. Knees had gone (although that isn't necessarily the hallmark of a bad player- we had McGrath around the same time), no sense of direction, no eye for goal, no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Mercifully, he only played four matches on loan from Newcastle before going back to his homeland to struggle to find his level at Wrexham.

And after that, did we break our habit of signing players who were well past it? Of course not. That policy only went out of the window with Wilder, and while we do have some old uns on our current playing staff, at least they're good.

Wasn't there some fecker we signed for a good few £ and never played at all ?
Can't recall his name but you cant get much worse than that.............

Ian Rush is a great shout. In a similar vein, another big nose Scouser from the 80s, Phil 'I don't want to be here' Thompson.

From the noughties, Carney, Beattie (C), Harper, Horsefield.

Actually far too many to choose from and its making me cross.

Seem to recall Thompson slagging off the fans in "his" weekly programme column more than once.

A real "don't you know who I am?" player who demanded special treatment because he won the European Cup before his knees went. To Rush's credit, I don't remember him doing that.

Richard Cadette, the 5 foot 1 target man. Signed with much fanfare for £125000 part funded by the Blades Revival. What a pile of utter, utter wank he was. To be honest the 1987-88 side still sends shivers down my spine.

Richard Cadette, the 5 foot 1 target man. Signed with much fanfare for £125000 part funded by the Blades Revival. What a pile of utter, utter wank he was. To be honest the 1987-88 side still sends shivers down my spine.

Saved decades later surely – Cadette was before my time, but the name is now synonymous with being genuine ITK.

Nicky johns goalkeeper I may be wrong here but think he played against Leeds in the league cup after we had beaten Liverpool and think it was the only game he played for us ⚔

Goalkeeper - Lee Baxter
Defender - Johnny Ertl
Midfielder - James Harper
Striker - Iffy Onoura

Back
Top Bottom