Blades player you'd completely forgotten about.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can't wait 'til July for this most important work to be produced so, to encourage you to bring it forward, I'll give you a start :-

" Paul Thirwell, Nicky Henry, Ashley Ward and Ian Rush,

Carlos Tevez , Trevor Brooking, Neil Warnock gets the push,

.............. ?

Better get busy or others may steal your thunder . You know what they're like on here ........ ;)
Good so far, I'll have a think,!

David Holdsworth solid CB that lad could do with someone like that next year

Axel Smeets? Or was that a Street Fighter character from my youth on the mega drive :eek:

David Holdsworth solid CB that lad could do with someone like that next year

Sorry L E, but this thread's called ' Blades players you'd completely forgotten about'.

David Holdsworth could never fall into that category for anyone who ever saw him. In fact, putting aside St. Joseph Shaw who was in a different class to any other Blades CB, I'd definitely have in in my top three.

As for " could do with someone like like that next year " I couldn't agree more but players like him don't grow on trees and, at his peak and in today's market, he would easily be worth £ 20 million.

Sorry L E, but this thread's called ' Blades players you'd completely forgotten about'.

David Holdsworth could never fall into that category for anyone who ever saw him. In fact, putting aside St. Joseph Shaw who was in a different class to any other Blades CB, I'd definitely have in in my top three.

As for " could do with someone like like that next year " I couldn't agree more but players like him don't grow on trees and, at his peak and in today's market, he would easily be worth £ 20 million.
Unfortunately I never saw Joe Shaw live true Blade legend I couldn’t put Holdsworth in that class but he was good.
As far as forgetting who’s this Coutts they keep talking about.

Ryan Hall, think his last match was a 3-2 loss away at Coventry when they were playing at Northampton's home ground. We were just about to appoint Clough.

Andy Campbell: at least two loan spells with us from Middlesbrough in the late 90’s. Lightning quick striker but not prolific. May have scored one goal from my vague memory of him.

15051-zoom.jpg

So when my grandad told me Marcelo had a bar in Albufeira he may be right?

Not heard anything but he might have. Even if he was Brazilian it's possible, a lot have settled in Portugal. A mate of mine who runs Senor Frogs pizza place is a Brazilian lad.

Not heard anything but he might have. Even if he was Brazilian it's possible, a lot have settled in Portugal. A mate of mine who runs Senor Frogs pizza place is a Brazilian lad.

My grandad never found the place but said it was up top of a cliff somewhere (obviously accessible and not just perched on some cliff edge).

While checking information for a different thread, I came across a comment about the match v ManU in the spring of 1972 that Ian Holmes made his debut that day. Well, I was at that game, but I swear I have never heard of the guy. Apologies to him and his descendants...

Didn't we have a Nigerian keeper at one point, I remember him playing in the reserves back in mid 90s..cant remember his name.

Back
Top Bottom