Blades player you'd completely forgotten about.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So unforgettable you’ve forgotten his name. The brother was called Paul
Seen Paul working down the Lane many times a good few years back, he’s a copper. Don’t know what Brian did after football, maybe police also.

Peter Dornan. Around 1975. Hyped as the next George Best.
Came in with Stephen McKee...
Dornan got homesick, went back to Ireland, McKee made so many appearances, triggering extra payments, and got banished to the reserves, until his contract ended.
I'll chuck in John Burke too.
Never made a first team spot.

I’m fairly certain he’s not been mentioned yet but who was the centre mid who (I think) played during the season we got relegated from the championship. David somebody? I think he was Irish. Scored a goal when it was obsolutely bouncing down at the Lane. Went on to play for Shrewsbury?
McAllister.. Him and Paddy Connealy signed, and Connealy got loaned out, then quickly left.

Who was the keeper that wasn’t Baxter?

Probably already been mentioned but the thread is 16 pages and I can’t remember his name so searching would be somewhat counterproductive

Who was the keeper that wasn’t Baxter?

Probably already been mentioned but the thread is 16 pages and I can’t remember his name so searching would be somewhat counterproductive
Alan Fettis who replaced Baxter at half time?

Must have been mentioned previously, but the centre back duo of Mark Blount & Mark Foran bring back sad memories of a 3 sided ground, not forgetting Ross Davison at right back with Brett Angel up front.
Perhaps, it was just a nightmarish dream ?

Wait what?
John Egan signed on loan from Sunderland for Danny Wilson in our first season in league 1

This was after the Oldham home game where both Lowton and Maguire were sent off.

He played in 1 game, against Walsall and then went back.

My recollection is that Wilson was asked what the qualities of Egan and Hill (who was also signed on the same day) were. "we could afford them", wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

I'd completely forgoten that Egan had played for us until we signed him again, 6 years later

Random Scandinavians:

Anders Jacobsen
Bjorn Helge Riise
Toni Kallio
Erik Tonne
Kristoffer Lokberg
Anders Joa

He’s Estonian, though he went on to have quite a successful career in Finland. Joined a second tier club who got promoted and subsequently won the top league and also domestic cup. Also got voted best keeper in the country in 2015, player of the year and went on to captain them.

Now back on Estonia.

Who is Anders Joa?

Back
Top Bottom