Blades fans Fighting each other......

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There were a couple sat next to us (husband and wife, I think) passing a rollie between themselves, stunk of stale alcohol, missed 2 of our goals and at least 3 of theirs, berated other Blades for applauding Quinny, calling everyone cunts and wankers. They couldn't wait for the scrap to kick off in the next block and they were off like a shot to get involved. Saw them again as we were leaving, stood with the more senior stewards (? blue jackets?) and claimed they wanted the police over because they were being treated badly. Great Blades.

I agree the fighting was absolutely inexcusable, those involved are brain dead pissed or sober. I was nearby and the morons certainly spoilt the experience of watching a superb Blades display with my ten year old son.

All I can say, if the Met aren't interested, SYP and Sheffield United should be. I suggest the seat numbers of those involved should be brought to their attention and let them take appropriate action to ensure decent supporters don't have to suffer their disgraceful behaviour.

Spot on Pommpey. I was in Block 140 when it all kicked off in the last 10 minutes - I'm pretty sure the bald fella in the midst of it all had two kids with him. People were asking who the kids belonged to as he was being thrown out. The look on those kids' faces tells me they won't be asking to go back in a hurry - contrast that to Deadbat's son in his report. People just took it upon themselves to join in even when it had absolutely nothing to do with them.

It didn't spoil it for me - nothing could, the players were fantastic and we definitely 'showed up' for once. But I can imagine a number of people in my block not wanting to rush back to watch us again in a hurry.

Contrast that behavior to the spontaneous chanting/applause after the fifth goal went in before the final whistle. Certainly the best 'big day/game' of my lifetime and for once the journey home wasn't dejection.

Lots of pluses to build on for next season, without any doubt.

Some so called fans need to have a long hard look at themselves after their actions yesterday. It ruined what was an extremely good day out.

I was in block 128, and literally 10 minutes into the game it had kicked off. The most surprising part was that the instigator was not a young lad who you might expect this kind of behiavour from, but from a middle aged man who was sat on a row that was filled with kids.

There was about 8 or so young adults say mid 20s, who weren't standing up during the game, but they did stand up mid song, like the vast majority of other fans. I, for one, see no problem at all when people stand up during a song, however this spoil sport sat behind couldn't obviously put up with 30 seconds or so of standing and singing so he decided he was going to spoil everyones fun. An arguement ensued and i'll be honest if i thought anyone was going to get violent it would have been the young lads who were standing and singing, however this stuck in the mud took it upon himself to headbutt and punch the lad in front. And to be honest i was expecting a full on brawl, however fair play to them they didn't retaliate and tried to calm the situation down.

The guy was a complete and utter arsehole. In a way i'd expect that level of behiavour from the younger generation not a middle aged man sat with kids.

I reported this to the nearest police officer after the event, and i simply got "i appreciate you telling me however, we are only here on a watching brief today." I walked away in disbelief.

This was right next to me. I wasn't with the group of young lads but ended up having to drag it apart as neither of them would shut up. I didn't see the punch or headbutt but the young lad was fuming and his mouth was bleeding. His mate eventually got him to go inside for a drink, he missed the goal and then he come flying out having a go at the bloke as he missed the goal. When it kicked off a steward had a walk down and then walked back not kicking the middle aged bloke out.

I agree the fighting was absolutely inexcusable, those involved are brain dead pissed or sober. I was nearby and the morons certainly spoilt the experience of watching a superb Blades display with my ten year old son.

All I can say, if the Met aren't interested, SYP and Sheffield United should be. I suggest the seat numbers of those involved should be brought to their attention and let them take appropriate action to ensure decent supporters don't have to suffer their disgraceful behaviour.

I asked a steward if he was going to kick the two main offenders out (as they were mid-fight) and he looked at me and said: "which one?". I suggested perhaps both, and he stood back and watched for a good five minutes.

If its reported to the Met, they would have to investigate. Someone just needs to make a formal report (with seat numbers if possible).

If its reported to the Met, they would have to investigate. Someone just needs to make a formal report (with seat numbers if possible).
Would it look bad on the club?

Why should it? The club can say "we don't want supporters like this and will do all we can to assist the police".
I agree but from a PR perspective it goes from "no reported incidents" to "x number of complaints".

I agree but from a PR perspective it goes from "no reported incidents" to "x number of complaints".

Well, the behaviour is all over the internet anyway; wouldn't it be better to do something about it?

Well, the behaviour is all over the internet anyway; wouldn't it be better to do something about it?
Maybe the club should appeal for information, then. Or someone who engages with Phippster could ask. I'd like to see these dicks shamed.

we

Yesterday was, by some massive distance, the best experience I have had at Wembley / Cardiff for the big games. As a group we were immense. We were pretty much sold out and we out-sang and out-supported Hull who had large gaps of seats in their areas.

We should be remembering the feeling we had when we went back into the lead at 2-1 and when the crowd rose to salute the team after Hull's 5th. Awesome moments - yet some people have been with children whose prevailing memories will be of drunken men in red and white shirts stamping on each other.

Cunts - the whole lot of them.

Completely agree Crouchy.

Unfortunately, the abiding memory my son and nephew will have of yesterday, will be that of being scared witless by a group of retards kicking the crap out of other, and some bloke face-planting at the bottom of the stairwell and staggering to his feet covered in claret.

I am gutted, because the performance on the pitch, and the reaction of the fans yesterday was amazing. This is what my son and nephew should have been talking about all the way home, however, all they kept asking me was "why were they fighting?". Unfortunately, as they are 8yr old and 6yr old respectively it wasn't appropriate for my to give them the honest answer, i.e. "it's because the are cunts!"

Maybe the club should appeal for information, then. Or someone who engages with Phippster could ask. I'd like to see these dicks shamed.

There are people on here who can say which seats they were in. You can report crimes on line. If people are serious about this, they should do so.

https://online.met.police.uk/

I asked a steward if he was going to kick the two main offenders out (as they were mid-fight) and he looked at me and said: "which one?". I suggested perhaps both, and he stood back and watched for a good five minutes.

The stewards are policing on the cheap, they get paid irrespective and can turn a blind eye without recrimination. What's more, they don't support Sheffield Utd, they don't give a shit. If you do, pass the seat numbers to the Police who will be obliged to investigate your complaint.

There are people on here who can say which seats they were in. You can report crimes on line. If people are serious about this, they should do so.

https://online.met.police.uk/
My point is, I wonder if people are reluctant to report this type of thing because of football allegiances. If the club were to say "yes, please help us find these yobs" then more people would click on your link.

Disappointing to read all this. I didn't see any fighting but there was a group of about 10 early 20s fans behind us who were completely pissed and constantly swearing and abusing other fans for not standing up and singing - most fans were - just not for 100% of the time as these idiots seemed to think we should. Most of the other fans in our area were there with wives & kids etc. Nobody reacted and in the end the lads got bored - but I could see my young son was worried even though I tried to put his mind at rest - and it put me on edge as I could see it kicking off at any minute. Contrast this with some lads in front who also stood and sang a lot - but were not aggressive and turned round to hug & shake hands with other fans when we scored.

This is a problem with all-ticket games. You can't choose who you sit near. And these lads were too thick or drunk or both to accept that some fans don't want to stand and sing for 90 minutes. It would be good to have a family stand at Wembley - but may be too difficult to arrange.

Having said all that I thought the vast majority of our support was brilliant - inside and outside the ground.

My point is, I wonder if people are reluctant to report this type of thing because of football allegiances. If the club were to say "yes, please help us find these yobs" then more people would click on your link.

There's been a lot of outrage here about these idiots spoiling the game for everyone else. Are we going to do something about it or just moan? Make a report with seat number and the police will look at the CCTV and should be able to identify who was sitting there from the club's records.

The stewards are policing on the cheap, they get paid irrespective and can turn a blind eye without recrimination. What's more, they don't support Sheffield Utd, they don't give a shit. If you do, pass the seat numbers to the Police who will be obliged to investigate your complaint.

Done - thanks for the link Darren.

There's been a lot of outrage here about these idiots spoiling the game for everyone else. Are we going to do something about it or just moan? Make a report with seat number and the police will look at the CCTV and should be able to identify who was sitting there from the club's records.

Leave it and move on, surely. Did this act really ruin the day for everyone, or those around it? Wasn't it just an unsavoury 5 minutes?

Let's not make a bigger deal out of it - it will only make the club look bad.

All IMHO, obviously.

UTB

Despite the fact it happened in Wembley, I personally think SYP and SUFC would be more interested in dishing out football banning orders off the back of such information, than the Met would be inclined to take any action.

Either way I don't want any of these twats spoiling next years final!

Despite the fact it happened in Wembley, I personally think SYP and SUFC would be more interested in dishing out football banning orders off the back of such information, than the Met would be inclined to take any action.

Either way I don't want any of these twats spoiling next years final!

The Met will share the info with the club and SYP. The clubs and police forces liaise closely on these matters. There will have been officers from SYP at the game ("spotters" as they are known in the trade).

And as it happened in the Met's area, they would have to take action.

In the designer shopping centre opposite the stadium, there were a couple of Hull fans, looked like a married couple, maybe 60 years old. Some drunken Blades fans started shouting "Tigers, Tigers, rah rah rah" at them. The lady Hull fan smiled and did a good-humoured "tigers" motion with her hand. A separate group of drunken Blades fans then started shouting "CUNTS!, CUNTS" at the couple followed by "Your support is fucking shit." I was with my 9 year old son. Classy.

As we walked up Wembley Way a Hull fan came by a got at broadside of "Wanker, Wanker" - and just behind him was another Hull fan who joined in. I said to the fellah - "he's one of yours you know" - he said - "I know, He's my son - and he is a right wanker!" - Made me smile.

Think I was fortunate, as where I was sat (Block 545) the only 'violence' I encountered was from the stranger sat next to me who had me in a bear hug when we scored the first two!

Stewards were a complete waste of time. I appreciate that they don't want to get a smack in the mouth for their troubles, but they should have got the police involved. If the individuals involved can be identified the club should definitely ban them. It would be easy to blame this all on alcohol, but I'm fairly sure the lot that were fighting in block 546 are dickheads even when sober.

For what its worth - there are no police inside Wembley. The people who run the place won't pay the costs so instruct their Stewards to make "citizens arrests" and hand them to the police outside the stadium.

For what its worth - there are no police inside Wembley. The people who run the place won't pay the costs so instruct their Stewards to make "citizens arrests" and hand them to the police outside the stadium.

Really? I am surprised the police will agree to that. It seems to me they could say, "by putting on this event, you are creating a potential public order problem, which we have a duty to police and which you should pay for" and refuse to allow the game to be played unless they do pay.

I wasn't at the game, unfortunately. From reading these accounts of the trouble caused by a minority of Blades' fans I wonder if the club will be notified of what happened and act appropriately?

Do SUFC read these pages, or does anyone know if they've been notified of what happened? I wrote, '...trouble caused by a minority of Blades' fans...' but this shouldn't suggest it should be tolerated. I don't subscribe to the received wisdom that if children or women are nearby it makes this type of behaviour unacceptable, it's unacceptable for everyone no matter what age or gender you are. With the ticketing allocation we have it shouldn't need a sleuth to discover who these mindless cretins are, so my question is, do SUFC intend to find out who they are and ban them for life? It would reflect well on the club and make going to a match a safer experience for others.

I wasn't at the game, unfortunately. From reading these accounts of the trouble caused by a minority of Blades' fans I wonder if the club will be notified of what happened and act appropriately?

Do SUFC read these pages, or does anyone know if they've been notified of what happened? I wrote, '...trouble caused by a minority of Blades' fans...' but this shouldn't suggest it should be tolerated. I don't subscribe to the received wisdom that if children or women are nearby it makes this type of behaviour unacceptable, it's unacceptable for everyone no matter what age or gender you are. With the ticketing allocation we have it shouldn't need a sleuth to discover who these mindless cretins are, so my question is, do SUFC intend to find out who they are and ban them for life? It would reflect well on the club and make going to a match a safer experience for others.

No-one is going to anythig unless someone makes a proper complaint tothe police and there is a proper investigation followed by a prosecution and a finding of guilt.

It would be completely wrong to ban people for life on the basis of internet gossip.

Back
Top Bottom