Blades bets you’ve made

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I find I've got £5 each way on United Plus 54 points to win the ' Handicap League' at 16/1, to 4 places. Forgot all about it.

10/1 on a Top Half finish too.

:eek:

Interested to hear of any Blades bets that you’ve made that were a bit unusual but came good.
2 years ago, while we were near the top of Div 1, I made a bet of 2 flight tickets to Malaga, that by the end of the 2022 season we would finish a season ahead of Arsenal.
He took the bet and has laughed ever since....until now. Suddenly he is squirming

I've got money on JOC playing for England before he's 30.

Put it on in L1

A quid on us to finish in the top six at 125/1 made pre-season.

I also stuck a tenner on us, Villa and Norwich to score more than 44.5 goals this season at 66/1. I think that'll be a close one. Us and Villa on track to score a bit over, Norwich currently projected a bit under.

£5 at 7/1 on Sky Bet - Liverpool to win league & us NOT to be relegated. £10 at 14/1 on us to finish top 10. & 5 pints with a bloke in my local that we wont go down.
That first bet is cracking. Was that from beginning of the season?

I've got a bet of 1 Pint with a Newcastle fan as to who will finish higher.

Not long after we appointed Wilder I did some research, listened to his interviews and just new he was something special.
I asked Corals for a price for him to one day be England manager.
I tried in shop and online but couldn't get a price. I told Mrs CB I would put a grand on if I could get 250/1.
I'm starting to regret not perusing that.

I used to like the odd lumpy bet but hardly bother with any gambling nowadays.

When Warnock came back for the first time with Palace in Dec 2007 his appointment had caused the usual upturn in their fortunes whereas we were dog poo under Robbo. The game was at BDTBL and Palace were a scarcely believable 13/5 , duly winning 1-0.

I had a monkey on , sat in the BLUT and felt sick and treacherous for 90 minutes , albeit it considerably richer at FT.

I did vow never to back against us thereafter though, felt a bit dirty and not in a good way.

At the beginning of the season when we were odds on to get relegated by everyone I laid us to get relegated £20 at 2:1. Quite happy with that bet atm.

Had a few bets with a Huddersfield fan this season, he said we wouldnt get more than 33 points this season, he also said Huddersfield would finish higher in the Champ than we do in the PL and i also bet him Hendo would be in the England Squad for this summers Euros.

I bet my mate £100 that Wednesday wont get promoted in the next 5 years. Ive also bet him £20 that we will finish Mid Table or above this season. And last season he had to pay me £20 because i bet him we would finish in the top two! hes a right cash pig!

You’ve bet your mate a straight £20 we’ll finish mid table or above, shame you didn’t put that on at the bookies. 14/1 for a top half finish pre season. Got to better than even money with your mate

I’m not sure where we’ll end up come May but I did have a small wager on them at 14’s

I have a current bet that I will get over &1000 if United finish in the top ten.
For a fairly small bet

Not really unusual but I had a £50 bet with a Leeds fan before season started that we'd stay up. There are two types of Leeds (and to a lesser extent cos they are totally deluded, pig) supporter .........the first type go to the games and are generally quite gracious and (even though it kills them to say it) half complimentary about the Blades and our recent achievements. Then there's the other type .... the ones who are all gob but never go to the games. They just spout shit. This guy is in the second category, so oh boy is it going to feel good taking his money and giving him a little smile come next May. I won't say a word (these "supporters" don't deserve the effort of conversation) I will just smile smugly :)
A good friend of mine put £20 on us to finish in top 4 this season. I believe he has been offered £250 to cash out

I’ve just checked and they are offering me £400 to cash out.....nope I think I will keep it in. In Wilder I Trust

Ive had 100 quid at 14s 16s for us to get 50pts also tenner at 66 1 to win fa cup.

once put £2 that we'd win 6-0 on Boxing Day when Ched Evans was banging them in under Danny Wilson - the odds were pretty good if I remember but I didn't win :-(

In fact, I don't think I've ever won a football bet - I've probably placed 100 footy bets in my lifetime.

I've won on the National a few times but only enough to buy the family a takeaway. Generally, I'm not a lucky bloke.

Neither are the vast majority of blokes, hence this Bet365: UK's best-paid boss hits £323m jackpot

I have a score on us against each of Everton, Southampton, Burnley and Liverpool on the handicap markets. Only the last one doesn't look good right now

I had a correct score Lucky 15 when we won 1-0 @ Newcastle in 2006. Basically 15 bets with a unit stake of £1.75 yielded a whopping £12,318.25.
This season I've got £20 @ 1000/1 to finish in the top 4 plus £100 @ 16/1 to get top half finish plus £100 @ 14/1 to get 50 points or more. I know I'm an optimist but you'll never see these odds again.
Just to cheer you up I lost £1250.00 last season which I placed on us to win the championship pre-season! C'est la vie.

I laid us to finish bottom at the start of the season. That was never going to happen. Cashed that one out.

Biggest Blades 'bet' I've done is buy loads of shares in Mousset on Football Index. Previously did the same with Brooks. No brainers. Sat on good profits on both.

You’ve bet your mate a straight £20 we’ll finish mid table or above, shame you didn’t put that on at the bookies. 14/1 for a top half finish pre season. Got to better than even money with your mate

I’m not sure where we’ll end up come May but I did have a small wager on them at 14’s

Very true! Still, I get to see his face when he hands it to me. Worth it.

54 points is huge. They’re 49 in the skybet one (i have Liverpool +5) and I’m worrying our good form will cost me £2k!

It was with Betfair. Man City were Scratch. Liverpool were +3 I think. West Ham were +40 and at the moment we are 20 points in front of them - Dreamland except I had a small wager on the Shammers who looked strong to me and a bet I'll be happy to lose! Not sure of other handicaps but I think United are well on top right now. Thing is I reckon we are unrewarded with our points tally so far.

Season long bets provide so much more value than match results. I backed Blackburn for top half after they played well against us. I backed Oxford at long odds for Top 6, E/W champions and promotion when they had a bad start. Peterborough promotion, Derby e/w champions, Salford e/w Champions, Liverpool e/w champions at 11/4!! and Newport /promotion- a mixed bag but doing ok overall.

The only one I've given up on is Derby but Salford and Newport are on bad runs too.

I had a bet, on this very site, that Darius Henderson would NOT tear up League 1 after he signed for Orient. Can't remember the exact number of goals he was supposed to score but he didn't get anywhere near (did he Houso?).

Back in the Warnock days, we were away to Rotherham on a Friday night Sky game. I had gone down for a meeting in London early, so popped into Ladbrokes and put £10 on united to win 2-1, Brown to score 1st.

Brown scored 1st and we were coasting at 2-0, few mins to go we gave away a pen and I have never celebrated another teams goal like that.

Went to my local Ladbrokes the following morning and took home £810!

An Everton fan friend of mine bet me at the beginning of the season that they would finish minimum 6 places above us , and beat us in both games. He has graciously already paid part of the bet when we beat them , I am now looking forward to part 2!

My boss hates football but after we spent the day at the Open at Royal Portrush where he won a few quid, he decided to put it on the blades to go down. It was just done to wind me up. Looking more and more like a Loser as the weeks go on :p

Back
Top Bottom