Blades bets you’ve made

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CopenhagenBlade

Reaction score
Interested to hear of any Blades bets that you’ve made that were a bit unusual but came good.
2 years ago, while we were near the top of Div 1, I made a bet of 2 flight tickets to Malaga, that by the end of the 2022 season we would finish a season ahead of Arsenal.
He took the bet and has laughed ever since....until now. Suddenly he is squirming

I made a bet with a Wednesday fan around Christmas in our eventual League One promotion season that we would get to the Premiership before they did. They were in the Champ playoffs at the time. I bet him £25, he suggested increasing it to £100 but i bottled it.

I made a bet with a well known WUM on here, that Billy would get more than a dozen goals last year. He did and I won.

Aforesaid WUM is still posting rambling tripe about Bladey Bill but it would seem the recent floods have severely affected local angling, as no-one seems to bite any more.

Not really unusual but I had a £50 bet with a Leeds fan before season started that we'd stay up. There are two types of Leeds (and to a lesser extent cos they are totally deluded, pig) supporter .........the first type go to the games and are generally quite gracious and (even though it kills them to say it) half complimentary about the Blades and our recent achievements. Then there's the other type .... the ones who are all gob but never go to the games. They just spout shit. This guy is in the second category, so oh boy is it going to feel good taking his money and giving him a little smile come next May. I won't say a word (these "supporters" don't deserve the effort of conversation) I will just smile smugly :)

I bet my mate £100 that Wednesday wont get promoted in the next 5 years. Ive also bet him £20 that we will finish Mid Table or above this season. And last season he had to pay me £20 because i bet him we would finish in the top two! hes a right cash pig!

As a late teenager I used to have a £5 per point bet with a pig mate, from memory I won between £25 and £50 in 3 consecutive seasons.

I never bet on either us though.

Don't usually bet on the Blades as I think I might jinx them but.... I saw some interesting stats the other week and put a fiver on it.
Match - under 2.5 goals (until Burnley over 80% of our games are under 2.5 goals)
over 8 corners (as we use the wings and cross a lot we gain lots of corners)
Over 0 cards per team ( we always pick a card up, Fleck ,Joc ,Enda, Baldock, take your pick and the opposition always pick a card up trying to stop us)
Moose to score anytime (if he starts)
Odds on this were 4/1
Turned a fiver into twenty easy as.

Four pints we finish higher in the Prem than the pigs in the champ, also four pints City dont score 4+ against us home or away.

£5 at 7/1 on Sky Bet - Liverpool to win league & us NOT to be relegated. £10 at 14/1 on us to finish top 10. & 5 pints with a bloke in my local that we wont go down.

Had a look before the season started and found this....

Promoted teams mini league on Bet365. Blades, Norwich and Villa. 3/1 for the Blades to be top of those 3, worth a £20 punt I decided. Of course we were the outsider of the 3, Villa were about evens if I recall.

I bet my mate £100 that Wednesday wont get promoted in the next 5 years. Ive also bet him £20 that we will finish Mid Table or above this season. And last season he had to pay me £20 because i bet him we would finish in the top two! hes a right cash pig!
That First bet is looking a little dodgy B1988...…….. There's a chance they could get promoted in the next 5 years...……...

From league 2! ;)

Bet our lass I'd be going to at least 4 home games before Christmas.
Oh well, there's always next year. :(

I made a bet with myself that we WOULDNT be in the premier league this season it was bound to win because I couldn’t bet right in a one horse race

I made a bet with myself that we WOULDNT be in the premier league this season it was bound to win because I couldn’t bet right in a one horse race

I bet on us every week to win under Adkins, since that massive loss I’ve never bet on united to win..

As I’ve said before I can’t win a raffle with all the tickets in my pocket, this season I’ve had Wendy to finish top 6

I am not a gambler, but put £10 on us staying up, £10 on us being top 10 and £10 on us being top 6. I have this feeling Wilder is going to take us to levels non of us could dream of. £1400 if they all come in, I could cash in the staying up now and virtually get the full payout.

I'm the same as most on here, £10 for us getting a top half finish at 15/1, which fingers crossed looks pretty good.
What will make the win sweeter is for HMS Pisstheleague to get a big fuck off points deduction and set sail for a glorious season in League 1.

once put £2 that we'd win 6-0 on Boxing Day when Ched Evans was banging them in under Danny Wilson - the odds were pretty good if I remember but I didn't win :-(

In fact, I don't think I've ever won a football bet - I've probably placed 100 footy bets in my lifetime.

I've won on the National a few times but only enough to buy the family a takeaway. Generally, I'm not a lucky bloke.

Back
Top Bottom