Blackburn after Tongey

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds a bit far fetched...

Blackburn are lining up a 3m bid for Michael Tonge, now he has rediscovered his form

hmmmmmmmmm

Not sure that i would sell him for that amount of money or whether i would ant to keep him as he seems to be coming back into his own under blackwell

hmmmmmmmmmm.........................................indeed

• Admin
I'd be very tempted providing we could replace him. I think the lad needs a move to kickstart his career.

Anything above £1.5 million and I think we should be shipping him off.

As Foxy said, the lad needs a move.

i like tongey but id take 3 mill yes please or.........maybe we can try and do a swap deal for that young lad they have on the wing, heardhe has potential, now whats his name again, Bentley is it? :D

mind yer its no good selling unless he's replaced wi someone better.

mind yer its no good selling unless he's replaced wi someone better.

Agreed - I'd hate to see him go and flourish elsewhere with us not having anyone to step in and fill his boots. Especially as he's rediscovered his form, as mentioned in the article.

The question any sensible Blade would HAVE to ask is "how much would it cost to replace him?"

£3m? Show me an alternative and I'd consider it - but on the face of it I'd have to say "bollocks".

The question any sensible Blade would HAVE to ask is "how much would it cost to replace him?"

£3m? Show me an alternative and I'd consider it - but on the face of it I'd have to say "bollocks".

An alternative? Tonge hasn't done anything for me for a long time. A few performances here and there just don't cut it for me.

An alternative? Tonge hasn't done anything for me for a long time. A few performances here and there just don't cut it for me.
Oh come on man. His form has been as good as Blackwell's.

He's been ok yes, nothing spectacular, and nothing to suggest to me we should blow away a £3 million offer.
Right, well that's different to saying "Tonge hasn't done anything for me for a long time".

dont see how £3 million can not be seen as a good offer? I think alot of people these days in football blow valuations of there clubs players way above what players are worth, yes there are a fair few transfers that go off where u look at it and think he is never worth that much money, but at the same time there's plenty that are bargains, so i think peolpe have got to remain realistic in players valuations at the lane, as robbie stated yes tinge has done well lately, but what about the last 2/3 seasons?

More fool them ;)
Hehe!

Seriously though, if Blackburn ARE looking at Tongey and still value him at £3m and worthy of a chance in the Premiership, why should we be looking to "cash in" on him? Who on Earth could we get in to replace him who is proven in this league / in form / young but experienced.

Also, he's been an ever-present since Blackwell's arrival and looks now as though he could well fulfil his potential that we all agreed he had 4 years ago.

I just think it's mindless to condemn him to the rejects bin for the sake of Claude Davis' price tag.

I dont know a massive amount about lower league football so i cant honestly bring any names into it as to who wwould replace him, but we all know blackwell does, or maybe its time for a youngster like nicky law or someone else from the youh team to get a go next season, much like warnock gave tonge?

why sell, if we go up next season, which we have a great chance, whos going to be in the middle in the prem? someone fill in from a lower league who is hit and miss to partner monty?

£3million is a good offer,but i dont want us chopping and changing a strong team.

£3million for tonge, or hang fire see if we get promoted with him and have buckets more?

why sell, if we go up next season, which we have a great chance, whos going to be in the middle in the prem? someone fill in from a lower league who is hit and miss to partner monty?

£3million is a good offer,but i dont want us chopping and changing a strong team.

£3million for tonge, or hang fire see if we get promoted with him and have buckets more?

I think with £3 million we could get a better midfielder than Tonge.

I agree. Scratch most of this season, as (being a racing man), the form is unreliable. Last year, it was going to be hard for anyone to shine. The year before, he did ok, despite being a marked man because of the exploits of the year before.

OK, you might view that as not much more than excuses, but he's still young enough to improve.

£3 million sell him!

I personally cant name a player straight of the top of my head who we could get for £3 milliom better than him, but i would be positive we can!

Back
Top Bottom