Bit more borrowing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah I thought that but didn’t want to get my hopes up!
Don’t think it will indicate lavish spending but it might indicate Hecky will get his wish and we’ll see a centreback through the door

Might indicate that our players will get paid on time.
Could do just thinking the timing seems pretty on the nose for it to be for January. Not saying I expect anything like the full amount to be spent but somewhere around a million on a centreback wouldn’t surprise me.

Probably to pay the all players & staff in full with last 3 games been called off with no gate receipt money coming in for a while now and the refund for fans that have returned tickets.

Probably to pay the all players & staff in full with last 3 games been called off with no gate receipt money coming in for a while now and the refund for fans that have returned tickets.
Doomed I tell thee...

Why borrow to pay it immediately when it could just go down as a slightly larger deficit in the next set of accounts?

Probably covering the money we've spent sacking the previous coaching team.

Not sure about the Slav sacking being as expensive as we'd think, heard a little rumour that the contract had a 6 month get out clause, mutually to part ways at a reduced rate, this is common..

When Heckingbottom got canned at Leeds, they sacked him a day or so before 6 months were up, they paid him 40k and he left, after 6 months that payout would have been around 1.5M..

Sounds like part of this borrowing is to pay for instalments on the players we bought 12-18 months ago.

Worst case is if the borrowed cash is to cover running costs

Don't expect much cash spent in January. Probably be like last year, we can only buy from clubs who owe us money or want one of our players as a swap

Not sure about the Slav sacking being as expensive as we'd think, heard a little rumour that the contract had a 6 month get out clause, mutually to part ways at a reduced rate, this is common..

When Heckingbottom got canned at Leeds, they sacked him a day or so before 6 months were up, they paid him 40k and he left, after 6 months that payout would have been around 1.5M..
To sack Jokanovic and Co. cost more than he would have had to spend in January.

Sounds like part of this borrowing is to pay for instalments on the players we bought 12-18 months ago.

Worst case is if the borrowed cash is to cover running costs

Don't expect much cash spent in January. Probably be like last year, we can only buy from clubs who owe us money or want one of our players as a swap
Sounds like that based on what ?

I'm not disagreeing with you I'd just like to know how you arrived at that conclusion

As far as I can see ,we spent this seasons parachute money in January but can't see how we spent anything else beyond that

I’d have hid in a cupboard until midnight.

no story all clubs do this

True but the timing of it has to make you wonder. If it was done October for instance we wouldnt be thinking about transfers. With it being now it could be used for that. Loaned against a transferred player out expected fees, like for like money.

Heckingbottom was at Leeds less than 4 months.

Traore is supposedly available at Wolves for around £20m. Maybe he's coming towards the end of his contract, but compare that to the 3 shite players we bought for £20m+. And yes I know he'd never sign for us. But still.....

Traore is supposedly available at Wolves for around £20m. Maybe he's coming towards the end of his contract, but compare that to the 3 shite players we bought for £20m+. And yes I know he'd never sign for us. But still.....
7 goals in 120 games. Not exactly prolific. Been much the same throughout his career.

he is so similar to our own fashion model mr Burke

Back
Top Bottom