Billy sharp

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't see the need to differentiate goals "from open play" as opposed to (presumably) penalties in Billy's case. They still need scoring, and enough are missed every week around the world.

Does that mean that free kicks don't "count" either?

Scoring 14 in the championship at 35/36 is a hell of an achievement for a player who is in the twilight of his career, by any metric. And with luck there might be 1 or 2 more if he is fit enough to take part in the last 3 (or 5 or 6).

Do we need to plan for the future? Definitely. But as long as he is fit and raring to go, there is a place for him. Not starting every game certainly, and especially not when we sometimes have to play 2 or 3 in a week, but currently we simply do not have anyone better, and finding someone as good, or better (unless Brewster comes back next season and fulfils the potential we signed him for) will be eyewateringly expensive.
Wonder if Shearer and Le Tissier have been made aware that pens don't count, I'm sure they'll understand the logic behind it.😳

Billy was on Radio 4 yesterday, it was the morning show with Richard Coles. There was a discussion about Ronaldo and the death of his son. As we'll all be aware, Billy also lost a child, a dreadful moment of course, but from somewhere Billy found strength and has continued to lead a successful career.

Not read it,but is the special treatment owt to do with havin his inner thigh rubbed with deep heat ointment.

Quality local journalism
Hecky said in his presser that Sharp had had sugar injections, I'm not sure what to believe from those press conferences tbh. Hecky previously said Sharp was training when we now know he was injured with a calf injury. I'm starting to think those press conferences are a complete waste of time.

Hecky said in his presser that Sharp had had sugar injections, I'm not sure what to believe from those press conferences tbh. Hecky previously said Sharp was training when we now know he was injured with a calf injury. I'm starting to think those press conferences are a complete waste of time.
How many years has it taken you to work that out ? !!!!!

Maybe Hecky is the one who's really "back on the grass"?

Oh Great that Means MGW is injured.

It was try and give him a sweet left foot.😜

Billy was on Radio 4 yesterday, it was the morning show with Richard Coles. There was a discussion about Ronaldo and the death of his son. As we'll all be aware, Billy also lost a child, a dreadful moment of course, but from somewhere Billy found strength and has continued to lead a successful career.
I think it was the Today programme just before the Richard Coles show - link is https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0016pg8 , skip to around 1:48:40 if anyone wants to listen

Would be cracking if a fit-enough Billy could be subbed on for Ndiaye circa 65/70 minutes. Seems unlikely if he really did tear a thigh muscle, though.

Manager refusing to give owt away prior to big match, shock horror!

I would have thought Hecky would dismiss Billy outright. I believe he mentioned Billy in the presser, he wasn't directly asked about him.

Sharp was walking with a hobble a few days ago. He won't be ready for Saturday.

Sharp was walking with a hobble a few days ago. He won't be ready for Saturday.
He was fine on Monday evening at one of his training sessions with his academy. Not saying he was match fit but certainly not hobbling around.

Bring him on when we are 4 up

Back
Top Bottom