Billy sharp

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Blackwell had played him in his proper position , he could have been in his fifteenth year with us now .
Blackwell shouldn't have got rid of him, he was just coming into form.

However the player that left and the player that came back are different. He gained experiences that meant he came back and was so important.

He's on course to get 20 goals or over this season, that's what you look for in a striker at this level.

I've just read that the only minute he hasn't ever scored a goal in is the 5th minute of a game. Only 3 players have ever scored in all of the 90 minutes. Ronaldo, Suarez and Ibrahimovic

I've just read that the only minute he hasn't ever scored a goal in is the 5th minute of a game. Only 3 players have ever scored in all of the 90 minutes. Ronaldo, Suarez and Ibrahimovic
Satdi please.

Then the 10th, 15th and 30th, please

Then the 50th and the 70th minute, please - just afroe he is replaced by Jebbo

I don’t mind what minute The Master scores in. 😁⚔️

Billy to score 5 minutes in on Saturday?

After 70 years of watchin blades Billy sharp brings tears to my eyes. Mr Sheffield united. Stand proud Billy.
Maybe it's an age thing...

If Blackwell had played him in his proper position , he could have been in his fifteenth year with us now .

Don’t think that’s quite fair. At the time our main striker was James Beattie.
Sharp was played almost out on the wing, similar to how Barcelona used Gary Lineker.

I remember the odd game where Sharp dared trying a shot at an angle and Beattie would be waving his arms about complaining why Sharp didn’t pass it to him.
Always felt sorry for Sharp, obviously Beattie was the senior (better) striker, so Sharp was sacrificed playing as support striker/ winger expected to set up Beattie.

Would love to hear Sharps opinion of the Blackwell days about his relationship with Beattie.
All our tactics were designed to benefit Beattie so Sharp was sacrificed/ disrespected as a striker.
Cant even remember Sharp taking a penalty because Beattie automatically took them all.

I know it's another thread but:

For me, the lad gets a statue on his retirement. He's certainly not perfect and he's good at being a shithouse to defenders but he's a local lad playing for his club. You can see his passion for the club every time he scores, doesn't score and even when someone else scores, he seems to love the fans and hangs around signing things for the kids. He pretty much always puts 100% in to his game and he obviously works hard off the pitch.

Surely that's the type of footballer you want at your club? Blade at heart or not.

Maybe it's an age thing...
I don't know whether to have a go at you for being insensitive to one of our more mature posters or laugh my tits off. I guess at nearly 60 I'm allowed to laugh my tits off!

Don’t think that’s quite fair. At the time our main striker was James Beattie.
Sharp was played almost out on the wing, similar to how Barcelona used Gary Lineker.

I remember the odd game where Sharp dared trying a shot at an angle and Beattie would be waving his arms about complaining why Sharp didn’t pass it to him.
Always felt sorry for Sharp, obviously Beattie was the senior (better) striker, so Sharp was sacrificed playing as support striker/ winger expected to set up Beattie.

Would love to hear Sharps opinion of the Blackwell days about his relationship with Beattie.
All our tactics were designed to benefit Beattie so Sharp was sacrificed/ disrespected as a striker.
Cant even remember Sharp taking a penalty because Beattie automatically took them all.
Hadn't we already agreed to sign Sharp even before Robson was appointed and we'd even signed Beattie?

I want to be there if and when this happens.

My Dad's fave too. He told me the only time he ever heard my Grandad swear was on the way back from a game in which Hagan was red carded and one of his pals chided him "Shhh Tommy, your lad's with us."

Great to see Billy do it. However much adversity we are facing it's still comforting to know you have a player who can nick one with the smallest of half chances. He really has become a master of his art. It's a pity he wasn't seen as more pivotal when we were in the PL. I'm sure he'd have outscored some of his more expensive colleagues if he was afforded the same opportunity.

My Dad's fave too. He told me the only time he ever heard my Grandad swear was on the way back from a game in which Hagan was red carded and one of his pals chided him "Shhh Tommy, your lad's with us."

Great to see Billy do it. However much adversity we are facing it's still comforting to know you have a player who can nick one with the smallest of half chances. He really has become a master of his art. It's a pity he wasn't seen as more pivotal when we were in the PL. I'm sure he'd have outscored some of his more expensive colleagues if he was afforded the same opportunity.
My Father said Jimmy Hagan was the best Blades player he saw play, before my time though.
Billy should have been used more in the PL, Wilder obviously had his doubts for him at that level.
I hope he gets another contract, he deserves it!

Back
Top Bottom