Billy’s interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I heard Parkinson's interview on the radio just and he said "If Mullin scores the 2nd penalty we win, I looked at the Sheff Utd players and they'd gone".

Prick.
Probably why they are now out of the cup.
The number of last-gasp winners we have had should have told him: this team don't give up until the last breath of the whistle.
And we weren't even content with having won it in the 94th minute, we wanted to bang the point home with a second at 90+6

Not be long until Ryan asks to meet up with our 'skip to show him just how humble they all are.

Billy has perfectly played the panto villain.

Lineker,Shearer and co take off their Premier League hats and put an FA Cup hat on to pay lip service to it and drone on about the romance,put some small teams on screen for a couple of weeks and then pray for them to disappear so as not to spoil their desired showpiece final.None of the BBC elitists want anybody outside the PL anywhere near the final,its just a case of looking for a story,some local "characters",something quirky they can throw out to promote their hypocrisy and fake little team FA Cup romance agenda.
Absolutely. They hate thecidea of wven a Championship side getting to the final.
Chelsea
Man City.
Man Ure
Arsenal
Tottingham.
Getting ready for their Kane wankfest when the ugly weirdo comes to the Lane in March.

The bit I didn't like regards Simons Jordan's comments regards the Billy Sharp interview was
He said "Sheff Utd have players like McBurnie and Sharp who do seem to get into altercations with opposition fans like the incidents at Nottingham Forest last season"

At the time of the event I remember Jordan saying he has very close and trusted friends who are Forest fans
and they've told him the crowd celebrations were very friendly however the Sheff Utd players were winding up their fans. So Jordan is hardly neutral....over the years he's always referred to Forest as a "massive" club when they're domestic honours, seasons in the top flight and attendances are less than ours.

He was taking about us regards the Wrexham frictions and descried us as a "significant club" that will be in the PL next season.
When ever Jim White raves on about us being a massive club with 30K crowds every week, SJ never comments.

This morning they were taking about the important of billionaire investment, saying Chelsea are historically a big club but have never been a massive club.
They have only become an elite club because of Abramovich. Then they mentioned Man City not being that big, until they received their investment.

Danny Murphy comments that, "Man City are a massive club because they were getting 35,000 every week in the 3rd division"
Then Simon Jordan comments, "Thats nothing special when the likes of Sheff Wednesday get those crowds in league 1 and haven't been in the PL for yonks "
When ever Jordan talks about Sheff Wed he often described them as a massive club who he'd love to see back in the Premier League.
Just shows how saying something over and over can blind the truth.

Our current average is nearly 29K and no one (not even Blades) is that bothered because it's not important really.
However the facts show that Sheff Wed have only averaged more than this ONCE since 1968 (thats 55 years)
Whilst outside the top tier the last time they averaged more than us was in 1952 (that's 71 years).

Last edited:
I would hazard a guess that that’s not from a Wrexham fan. I’m sure they’re fuming about Billy’s interview whilst we have a chortle but I’d be surprised if Wrexham fans have paid enough attention to Billy, his career and his life away from football to know of his loss.

That strikes me as some absolute revolting tosspot from a club not too far away who’s gone onto the Wrexham board either tonight or in the run up to their fixtures with us and decided to let their mask slip tonight and reveal what a complete stain they are
Yeah, I would've thought that the Wrexham fans would not comment like that especially as in one of the Welcome to Wrexham episodes one of the Wrexham players also lost a baby in similar circumstances to Billy. 😞 Some people are fucking sickening.

something must of happened beside the stupid twitter picture & billy sharp was spot on, because we were only discussing how calm & quiet we all have been considering our place in the league. but something fired us up, whether it was the media bandwagon, dirty tactics, incompetent referreeing or the twitter account. something stuck a nerve with us all. i was saying it was like a 12yr old beating the 18yr old older brother at a sport when older brother started respectful. then because he was all cocky about it. older brother decided he was going to smash him in the rematch

there was a feeling of us & against the world at times last night as i say the double standards were ridiculous im all for a physical game. but you cant be letting wrexham get away with murder, then clamped down on us it doesnt work that way. we should all be playing to the same rules. the fact he missed that handball absoulte absurd. he can give wrexhams 1st but not our handball

Theres already a team called Sheffield,and has been for a long time,that's not us.
Only people from Sheffield or serious fans who have researched the game have heard of them.

Your argument changes with every post 🤣

People in life shorten David, to Dave etc. You are being pedantic ro an extreme.

They are discussing the Billy Sharp interwiew on Talksport now and inviting callers about it.

Think Simon Jordan summed it up well.
He said you shouldn't begrudge Wrexham giving it large because in the grand scheme they are a nothing club compared to Sheffield United.
He said maybe Sharp doesn't like the attention they are receiving but again...as they are owned by Hollywood actors then of course that club receives attention.
So he was kind of criticising Sharp saying at his age he shouldn't be reacting like that in public.
However Jordan also criticised Phil Parkinson for his comments about respect.
SJ said it makes him laugh how footballers and managers often talk about how they deserve respect but so often fail to give it out.
He said "who made Phil Parkinson the guru on respect" ha ha

Danny Murphy (ex Liverpool) defended Sharp saying we don't know what was said by the Wrexham players.
He said if it was personal then they deserve Sharp comments. He said when he was a player it was quite common
and he commented that when Liverpool played Sheff Utd in the league cup semi final Sheff Utd won the 1st leg 1-0
and their players were over celebrating giving it large after the match so when Liverpool won the 2nd leg 2-1 in extra time
he said they made sure their players were giving it large over celebrating after the match, so the Sheff Utd players could hear it.

Murphy said he doesn't mind all that stuff as it adds a bit of spice but maybe it should be done privately in the changing rooms.

Come on Murphy, at least get the scores right!
We won the first leg 2-1. They won the second leg 2-0 after extra time.

I hope we put a picture on twitter of Billy with a big grin on his face selling tickets for the Cup game v Spurs nearer the time. The FA Cup can be a distraction at times especially as you get to the later rounds against the glamour clubs but it's a hardship that all us bigger clubs have to deal with. Those little non league nothings don't know how lucky they are at times not having all this hassle. 😁

something must of happened beside the stupid twitter picture & billy sharp was spot on, because we were only discussing how calm & quiet we all have been considering our place in the league. but something fired us up, whether it was the media bandwagon, dirty tactics, incompetent referreeing or the twitter account. something stuck a nerve with us all. i was saying it was like a 12yr old beating the 18yr old older brother at a sport when older brother started respectful. then because he was all cocky about it. older brother decided he was going to smash him in the rematch

there was a feeling of us & against the world at times last night as i say the double standards were ridiculous im all for a physical game. but you cant be letting wrexham get away with murder, then clamped down on us it doesnt work that way. we should all be playing to the same rules. the fact he missed that handball absoulte absurd. he can give wrexhams 1st but not our handball
I know what you mean mate but we put them in their place where they belong. We should have been out of sight by half time and i thought it was going to be one of those matches but we did them in the end . You better get ready for the prem (if me make it) there will be lots of those refs mate along with loads of actors like Grealish falling about like they have been pole axed . I would much rather watch the Championship but we need the money .

Come on Murphy, at least get the scores right!
We won the first leg 2-1. They won the second leg 2-0 after extra time.
After the most scandalous refereeing decision I've ever seen when Chris Kirkland first brought down Wayne Allison then handled it outside the area before abusing the referee all inside of a few seconds

But instead of the three red cards he should have had he got a yellow

Only people from Sheffield or serious fans who have researched the game have heard of them.

Your argument changes with every post 🤣

People in life shorten David, to Dave etc. You are being pedantic ro an extreme.
No league table shows us as "Sheffield"
No football result shows us as "Sheffield"
This is because we are not ,"Sheffield"

They know we don’t like being called Sheffield so that’s why they do it, it’s all about creating a reaction for someone to write about in a controversial way.

We should ask Sheffield FC to formally complain to all media that they’re using their name in our fixtures.

No league table shows us as "Sheffield"
No football result shows us as "Sheffield"
This is because we are not ,"Sheffield"
I think you’re mistaking the replies. Obviously, we’re Sheffield United, not Sheffield, no one is really disputing that, it’s just that most people don’t really give a shit about something so trivial.

The bit I didn't like regards Simons Jordan's comments regards the Billy Sharp interview was
He said "Sheff Utd have players like McBurnie and Sharp who do seem to get into altercations with opposition fans like the incidents at Nottingham Forest last season"

At the time of the event I remember Jordan saying he has very close and trusted friends who are Forest fans
and they've told him the crowd celebrations were very friendly however the Sheff Utd players were winding up their fans. So Jordan is hardly neutral....over the years he's always referred to Forest as a "massive" club when they're domestic honours, seasons in the top flight and attendances are less than ours.

He was taking about us regards the Wrexham frictions and descried us as a "significant club" that will be in the PL next season.
When ever Jim White raves on about us being a massive club with 30K crowds every week, SJ never comments.

This morning they were taking about the important of billionaire investment, saying Chelsea are historically a big club but have never been a massive club.
They have only become an elite club because of Abramovich. Then they mentioned Man City not being that big, until they received their investment.

Danny Murphy comments that, "Man City are a massive club because they were getting 35,000 every week in the 3rd division"
Then Simon Jordan comments, "Thats nothing special when the likes of Sheff Wednesday get those crowds in league 1 and haven't been in the PL for yonks "
When ever Jordan talks about Sheff Wed he often described them as a massive club who he'd love to see back in the Premier League.
Just shows how saying something over and over can blind the truth.

Our current average is nearly 29K and no one (not even Blades) is that bothered because it's not important really.
However the facts show that Sheff Wed have only averaged more than this ONCE since 1968 (thats 55 years)
Whilst outside the top tier the last time they averaged more than us was in 1952 (that's 71 years).
Somebody needs to remind him how tinpot Crystal Palace have been throughout their existence..

If it wasn't for Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal's overspill of talented purchases that became subs who needed to play, he wouldn't have had a team worth shit, they benefit from being in the capitol, talk about luck eh..

Anybody with dyed blonde hair and a perma-tan screams dodgy, because they look dodgy..

Warnock loves him, another red flag right there..

I think you’re mistaking the replies. Obviously, we’re Sheffield United, not Sheffield, no one is really disputing that, it’s just that most people don’t really give a shit about something so trivial.
Heres one of them that does.

Now if billy had same the same thing after we played Barnet in the cup (and lost) the media and fake fans who are outraged would be silent. All of them want to be seen to kiss the arse of reynolds and his mate. Personally dont see what he said that would cause such outrage. So many snowflakey new fans around these days.

Sharp either has it right or wrong.

Certainly think that before hand there was Wrexham dreaming but maybe more so half expecting to be playing spurs.

Sharp alluded that before the game he didn't like what he heard in the tunnel.

Maybe it was a bit innocuous like " just think spurs next it we win?" We deffo don't know.

I reckon as well sharp got a bit peeved with the officiating too.

They always say that if sharp is against you you can hate him but playing for you, you love him. Think this rings true again.

Ferk erm, self entitled media tosspots, "you will think and do what we say and print, you will like this, you must hate that", as for that dickhead Simon Jordan he can stuff his ferking head up his own arsepart.
Doesn't even know what the word work is.....1st class Jeremy Hunt.

I don't see why this is a story. n effect all that it means is that they tried to wind Sharp up, they succeeded, and (whether because of that or otherwise) he scored the winning goal. Where's the controversy?

I feel Billy was bang on with his assessment of the referee's performance.
Without being privy to the actions of the Wrexham players towards him,
I don't see how some people can condemn him in any way.
Interviewed while the adrenaline was still running high and knowing the passion he has for the club,
I felt his comments were quite restrained and reasonable.
Keep infusing that passion and pride into the rest of the squad Billy.

Back
Top Bottom